Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I appear to have missed Grace’s post, what did she say? She’ll be missed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,907 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I appear to have missed Grace’s post, what did she say? She’ll be missed :(

Smurfjd posted last night saying she had left , as she felt she was getting bullied too much so decided to leave .
    Graces7 , hope you're still reading though , we'll miss the antics of the cats and the island life updates :)

In the kitchen , Unsolved Mysteries on the tv , watching the snow falling outside , has been pelting it down most of the afternoon .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Smurfjd posted last night saying she had left , as she felt she was getting bullied too much so decided to leave .
    Graces7 , hope you're still reading though , we'll miss the antics of the cats and the island life updates :)

In the kitchen , Unsolved Mysteries on the tv , watching the snow falling outside , has been pelting it down most of the afternoon .

That show use too frightened me :o......well more the presenter than the show tbh 😀😆

Lying on my bed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

It is snowing here ..

I hate snow. I want to go out for a pint. Glad I did Iceland earlier. some nice goodies. Didn't it would be like the actual country this afternoon.:eek:

Lying on the couch watching Nocturnal Animals.
    The fire is lit and I might send my slave in to the kitchen to make me tae :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

No snow where I am and even the rain has stopped :) getting closer to my favourite man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,907 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I hate snow. I want to go out for a pint. Glad I did Iceland earlier. some nice goodies. Didn't it would be like the actual country this afternoon.:eek:

Ha , was in Iceland earlier also :D

I wasn't expecting us to get this heavy snowfall either tbh G . I don't mind it here in town , but youngest and his family are out of town , little village , bad roads :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Out in the snow doing a few errands with mam. Wish I had worn fluffy socks, my toes are cold :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Very heavy snow here and I can see a WFH day tomorrow at this rate.

Sitting on the couch watching Liverpool and playing with my new toy :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Deskside. Tipping away on some work until the athletics comes back on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Getting ready to drive home to the curragh and looking at lovely snowy pics of naas and newbridge on facebook. Wish me luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

I hate night shifts, it's totally against my body clock but at least tonights guest has a habit of showing up on time.

Its due to drop to 11 degrees C tonight around here, so I feel your pain :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

TG1 wrote: »
    Getting ready to drive home to the curragh and looking at lovely snowy pics of naas and newbridge on facebook. Wish me luck!!!

Drive safe. You never know what surprises the roads will throw up when the weather is all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Snow is still coming down thick here. Dinner is on though (Chicken curry and rice tonight). Still smiling over this laptop I bought yesterday - was apparently "dead" but it just needed the battery cable reseated. A €750 laptop for €250? Result! :D

Don't blame her at all, some of the comments that I saw (without even trying/looking) were completely unacceptable. Assume 99.99% of people here agree. Hope she's doing well. ***Hello Graces7***
    I do miss the island updates too, kind of reminded me of the "News from Lake Woebegone" dispatches in s vague kind of way. And made me think about all the different types of lifestyles we're lucky enough to have access to.

Chillin, sitting in a total mess of a house but just not bovvered! There's a chicken roasting in the oven, I'm going to go out into the cold snowy evening now just so I can notice/enjoy the smell when I get back in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

smurfjed wrote: »
    I hate night shifts, it's totally against my body clock but at least tonights guest has a habit of showing up on time....

Can you swap duties with a night shift pro, such as Cpt. Grem ? :D

I'm homeside trying to think of a reason not to go to bed, like now !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Wondering how Graces is fairing in the snow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

0lddog wrote: »
    Can you swap duties with a night shift pro, such as Cpt. Grem ? :D

I'm homeside trying to think of a reason not to go to bed, like now !

Cpt. Grem reporting for duty :)

I jinxed myself earlier I had no snow and no rain and now the snow is bucketing down. I could always say I was on a skiing holiday :D

Driving home for Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Couch side. No snow over here. It's very windy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just wind and rain here.

Weather alerts are a good indicator on who Auto is stalking.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Just wind and rain here.

Ok ok I admit it I was stalking Srameen :) it's his love of chocolate especially Tiffins that did it for me :( I got caught red handed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Yes, I miss Grace's posts too, especially her early morning ones, her cats and weather observations, and no matter how bad it was, she was indomitable. She loves her island for all its struggles and its a pity ignorance and intolerance seems to have forced her off. Come back Grace I hope.
    Watching dwts with a slice of apple pie and cream, coffee at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Cpt. Grem reporting for duty :)

It’s all yours, pull back to go up, push forward to go down, smile and look super cool and professional. Leave the Ray Bans at home coz it’s night time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Just wind and rain here.

Not me anyway :'(

Crying deskside

Edward M wrote: »
    Yes, I miss Grace's posts too, especially her early morning ones, her cats and weather observations, and no matter how bad it was, she was indomitable. She loves her island for all its struggles and its a pity ignorance and intolerance seems to have forced her off. Come back Grace I hope.
    Watching dwts with a slice of apple pie and cream, coffee at hand.

I adored this post (even though I had no idea what they were on about, cos I don't read many threads) - the post itself :D stands alone: "Graces7 is highly respected by most of us here on boards...You feck off!" .....and Graces, I hope she knows we do. :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    It’s all yours, pull back to go up, push forward to go down, smile and look super cool and professional. Leave the Ray Bans at home coz it’s night time

Grem? ehhh, do ya know how to land this thing, cos if no.............. smurfjed get yer bahookie back in that seat! :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Grems on a plane! Of course I can land this rig, just need to find the landing gear....

Not me anyway :'(

Crying deskside

You left me for Pter :P :D

If it wasn't for Ted and CH I don't know how I would cope ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Bed, been here about 30 mins. Thought "fcuk that shyt" to staying up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement