Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,907 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    But you're a re reg long cock. You must be if you can post about some of this stuff. Why would any of us give a fook about your opinion? I've interacted with Grace since 2015 and came to understand her age related posts in a more modern world. Its called being understanding and showing a little compassion. You take the foot off the opinion pedal from time to time. Rather easy if you have some cop on.

I get most of what you're saying G .
    Graces reminded me of my late parent , very set in their ways and opinions , they would be of the same generation .

And before anyone has conniptions , I know that not every elderly person is the same , many move with the times .

It's just that some don't .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

But you're a re reg long cock. You must be if you can post about some of this stuff. Why would any of us give a fook about your opinion? I've interacted with Grace since 2015 and came to understand her age related posts in a more modern world. Its called being understanding and showing a little compassion. You take the foot off the opinion pedal from time to time. Rather easy if you have some cop on.

If only you'd follow your own advice lad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Eyeing up the bag of waffles across the room.
    Different people; different worlds. But she is a nice lady, who gave a lot of support along her time in boards.

Anyhow - who's for some King Crisps with Rolos? (Stole that idea from Mam.)

Awww cheers I'd love some thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,155 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

What advice would that be? LAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch.....watching Dermot bannon.....starting new job in the morning and kind of nervous...ok I'm bricking it lol.lol.......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Eyeing up the bag of waffles across the room.

Awww cheers I'd love some thanks!

Would just need a bowl to put them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,835 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

A bit harsh to be fair.

I don't know what prompted her to log off (I haven't been around much) but if it was the result of bullying and/or ganging up on her, I would certainly condemn anyone involved in it.

THAT SAID... re-reg or not, in my view he has a point. I've seen several instances of Graces throwing something inflammatory into a (controversial) thread and then disappear when called on it, or throw insults at those who question it or counter it. That's not exactly being "understanding" of others opinions either.

For that and more general reasons, I wouldn't have very much in common with her either so I can't say I'll miss her - but that said, no-one should be "run off" the site either (if indeed that's what happened).

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

gifted wrote: »
    Couch.....watching Dermot bannon.....starting new job in the morning and kind of nervous...ok I'm bricking it lol.lol.......

Best of luck, hopefully you will find the best perving spots quickly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You still in the wesht?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

To show some cop on...your bullying attacks on female posters have been noted here, shows you up in a very poor light fella

• Advertisement

Page glitching .

Gifted , best of luck starting the new job !

Cuppa and crackers on the table if ye want some :)

Fluffy Towel , I hope you enjoy the crisps with the rolos :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I get most of what you're saying G .
    Graces reminded me of my late parent , very set in their ways and opinions , they would be of the same generation .

And before anyone has conniptions , I know that not every elderly person is the same , many move with the times .

It's just that some don't .

Still have my mam, I walk in regularly and there she is, prayers and beads in hand.
    Her solace in her life is her belief and religion.
    Grace's definitely reminds me of that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MOD

Stop the pair of ye now! final warning, should ye continue I'll infract both of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Best of luck!

To show some cop on...your bullying attacks on female posters have been noted here, shows you up in a very poor light fella

There ya go folks! This is the third time I've been accused of this in 3 months. I commit bullying attacks on female posters. I'm out of this cess pit. Its full of people with issues and agendas. Report the post? No point. My life is happy. Don't need some of the crazies in here. You can have it!

Edward M wrote: »
    Still have my mam, I walk in regularly and there she is, prayers and beads in hand.
    Her solace in her life is her belief and religion.
    Grace's definitely reminds me of that.

Totally Edward , my Dad was the same . Very stoic in his beliefs and not for swaying at all , referendums etc still went by the teachings of the Church .
    Understanding that their beliefs are a core part of who they are as a person and accepting that is what it's about , it's your mams comfort and solace in life , as it was here too :)

You still in the wesht?

I am Grem....a lot closer to home though...I don't have to cross the city anymore thanks God...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I am Grem....a lot closer to home though...I don't have to cross the city anymore thanks God...

Nice, it's a bugger to traipse across in the mornings

Grandeeod , don't leave .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Sunday nights never fail to entertain around here :D Anyway, hitting the leaba, busy day awaits at the coalface tomorrow

• Advertisement

Nice, it's a bugger to traipse across in the mornings

It is, tbh it wasn't too bad for me as I used be in work around 7 in the morning so I missed all the traffic.....

Jumping onto bed
    Would just need a bowl to put them in.

*slides favorite bowl with the cats on the side across the table*

:3

It is, tbh it wasn't too bad for me as I used be in work around 7 in the morning so I missed all the traffic.....

My hours mean i don't hit much either, oh but when i do :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In bed with my agendas and issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Grandeeod, please stay.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Grandeeod , don't leave .

I'm out Mam. Another accusation (from a re reg) and thanked by the last poster who accused me of doing the same. The Mods are useless and now we have a new mod who is in league with the usual suspects. Thats you Seph! Some agenda here!

I don't mind being run out if it makes other saddos feel better. Like you, I have lots to keep me occupied in the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Best of luck tomorrow Gifted! I'm sure it will all go well :)

Watching Beauty and the Beast in bed while I roast my arse on my electric blanket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I liked Graces no matter age or opinion, and brava to her for sticking up for them, regardless... To me, she is an amazing character. If only I had her moxie. She has a wonderful mix of experience, wisdom, kindness, humour, strength, energy and courage. My opinion, full stop.

Everyone of us has strong opinions that others won't agree with, thank the Boards Gods I have friendly folk who don't point them out or tear me down for mine, or my many faults... I wish that for everybuddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

Catching up on the European Indoor Athletics...well done to Mark English. Amazing stuff. Watching with my son who is off to his first Indoor Schools competition on Tuesday. The interest is huge.

Hope ye are all well, love reading the posts here. Waiting on a pizza delivery. Our bit of balance, back to healthy eating tomorrow. In fairness you'd feel like getting off your arse when you watch athletics!

• Advertisement

In bed with my agendas and issues.

I thought I was blocked.:D

Wake up people and read.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement