Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

abed, exhausted, with the dratted CFS/ME in gale force mode. shopping due in late afternoon before the next weather-gale slams us! So the aim today is to get fuel in the dwelling so I need hardly open the door tomorrow. The cats don't mind it but they are so near the ground! Slink along nicely.

so knitting, rest and knitting and did I mention knitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

BBFAN wrote: »
    I don't know, I should have married that fella who was cooking the dinner. :D:D

Havent worn slippers since I was a kid.

Tech desk. Early start today. Thought Id drop in and say hello.

Deskside.. Make time fly God please.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Thursday!!!

Rise and Shine it's a brand new day :D

Kitchenside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

To you too Auto.
    I'm only in the workshop today so no big stress here.
    Homechores done, I'm just going to do a bacon sandwich now, I left it in the air fryer when I went out so cooked and ready, some tomato and cheese to go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Train to work, guy beside me snuffling like a prick

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Edward M wrote: »
    To you too Auto.
    I'm only in the workshop today so no big stress here.
    Homechores done, I'm just going to do a bacon sandwich now, I left it in the air fryer when I went out so cooked and ready, some tomato and cheese to go with it.

Any sandwiches going there ;)

Autosport wrote: »
    Any sandwiches going there ;)

I can share yes.:)

[QU OTE=Autosport;109356874]Morning all :)

Happy Thursday!!!

Rise and Shine it's a brand new day :D

Kitchenside[/QUOTE]

someone famous once said something about folk who are cheerful at breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm just going to do a bacon sandwich now, I left it in the air fryer when I went out so cooked and ready, some tomato and cheese to go with it.

Janey that's after taking the shine off my upcoming porridge and toast breakfast (although I love my porridge)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Dancing at home. I requested a big bonus there last month or so. Went in high. Was many monies. Way too many monies I thought.

I got it!!! :D:D:D

It’s not even the monies that feels good. It’s the achievement of it. I’m not a big pusher on these things, but it feels really good. Think I promised treats for everybody here if I got that bonus, so get your orders in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Congrats on the bonus Fluffy!

Car park, sleepy. May take a power nap

Janey that's after taking the shine off my upcoming porridge and toast breakfast (although I love my porridge)

I was just thinking of GDs post last night about men always expecting women to cook dinner.
    I do breakfast here most mornings, not always cooked, but I do the toast, put out the cereals and fruit and juice, ready to be eaten, all they usually have to do is grab.
    The two women in this house tell me they much prefer that than my dinners, though I do that about 3 evenings a week usually as I'm the first home.
    I don't plate up though, because I'm a messy fceker when it comes to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Grandeeod wrote:
    Irish women deserve to have great home cooked meals served up to them.

Your sig should be: Grandeeod, bringing food to dems wimmens :p:D

Originally Posted by Grandeeod
    Irish women deserve to have great home cooked meals served up to them.

Ah that explains a lot.. I am English :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Deja Boo wrote: »
    I don't think ^ such a male being exists Grandeeod! :P

....except for the macho modeled-after-Gordo Ramsays-Hell's Kitchen-type (and believe me, that did not end well!) :rolleyes:

They do. I rared 2 of them. Got them both into cooking when they were young and they are better than me. My eldest in particular is amazing. He can cook almost anything and the past 3 years (he is 24) he has been cooking the Christmas dinner for between 12 and 18 people. He also makes amazing baked goods. Lucky for his girlfriend coz she can't cook at all.

Youngest likes to use it to impress the wimmins. Its working on his current beau from New Caledonia (between Australia and New Zealand).
    Dancing at home. I requested a big bonus there last month or so. Went in high. Was many monies. Way too many monies I thought.

It’s not even the monies that feels good. It’s the achievement of it. I’m not a big pusher on these things, but it feels really good. Think I promised treats for everybody here if I got that bonus, so get your orders in!!

Whooohoooo! Delighted for you. Can you send me a loaf of batch and some Tayto cheese and onion please? Address is Irish mad woman, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

On me couch, got all the work I need to do so far done so watching Trevor Noah and researching setting up a business here so I can stay for 5 years.

Getting warm. Wind like an iced knife there. Just almost paid more in shopping for 3 rhubarb plants online that they actually cost! Stopped just short of committing to ordering and have asked them to make sure of that. Ridiculous ..

The ferry has gone so groceries will be here later before the next big wind ... cannot decide what to eat, so am abed, pondering..

Graces7 wrote: »
    Getting warm. Wind like an iced knife there. Just almost paid more in shopping for 3 rhubarb plants online that they actually cost! Stopped just short of committing to ordering and have asked them to make sure of that. Ridiculous ..

The ferry has gone so groceries will be here later before the next big wind ... cannot decide what to eat, so am abed, pondering..

Well Erik Orange is on his stormy way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sitting in work so cold my feet feel numb and look blue.
    So tempted to head to dunnes and get those lovely fluffy sleepy socks but that would not be a very profresh look. But I’d be cosy!

Graces7 wrote: »

Well Erik Orange is on his stormy way..

The bacon is gone now Grace's, pondering lunch myself, it will be something simple, probably a tuna and sweetcorn sandwich.

I hear the wind is going to be strong in your area, stay safe and have all indoors before it arrives.

• Advertisement

I was just thinking of GDs post last night about men always expecting women to cook dinner.
    I do breakfast here most mornings, not always cooked, but I do the toast, put out the cereals and fruit and juice, ready to be eaten, all they usually have to do is grab.
    The two women in this house tell me they much prefer that than my dinners, though I do that about 3 evenings a week usually as I'm the first home.
    I don't plate up though, because I'm a messy fceker when it comes to that.

Never have breakfast, mostly buy my lunch, then have dinner or cereal when I get home. If I cook dinners I try batch cook so I can fire some in the freezer. Got home late last night and had chicken breast fillet, Brussels sprouts (best veg ever!) carrots and cauliflower and broccoli boiled first and then roasted in a cheese sauce. Made mash too but plate was looking fairly hefty with everything else so didn’t bother with it. Lots of veg left for today so I only have to cook a chicken fillet. I’m so lazy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Desk side , think I need a walk

Sitting in work so cold my feet feel numb and look blue.
    !

I suppose I could warm them up for ya if ya wanted :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Congrats !

pints are on you so :pac:

Receiving a message from someone I would trust on here, telling me how another poster had mailed them about me. I am a little bit taken aback, because the poster had previous warnings on their original account for harassment, and then under their new account I discovered an account they had set up elsewhere on another forum pretending to be a man. I was called a whore, and the “man” in question said I had pm’d them for sex, that I went off with a lot of boards males. Now, That was last year and after having the community manager involved, I would have assumed that it was put to bed.
    But apparently not, so I’d hope if anybody is getting messages like that, know that it isn’t true and their previous account was banned for harassment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People are weird bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

People are weird bastards.

That’s a fact right there. Imagine having such sadness in your head that you get your kicks out of spreading malicious lies around about someone you have never met?
    Weird.
    I am at lunch.

Look, sure I know I’m an acquired taste, like a big dirty bowl of semolina or stewed apples. But rest assured I will be pming none of ye for rides, or asking for tickets to your exclusive meat show. That’s all I wanted to clear up :D
    Like clearly I only know what was sent to one person, maybe absolutely nobody got anything which is great, but just on the off chance any of ye feel like you need to stand with your back against the wall near me, rest assured you’re safe!

Anyway; I’m in work. Got my last stamp on my loyalty card for a free roll so lunch is FREEEEEE tomorrow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

tenor.gif?itemid=8085667

Plot twist. Boom bap is the sex pest :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

It amazes me what people decide to get up to.. Weird.

I'm about to get up, psych appointment shortly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement