Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

What did he do tyrant?
    Having a cup of lemon and ginger tea on the couch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

In sweet comforting bed.

This is a new era for me going to bed this early. I went at 10 last night and it gave me the taste for more. So here I am in the lovely bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

It's a good habit bones.! I'm gonna follow your lead!

What did he do tyrant?
    Having a cup of lemon and ginger tea on the couch.
    they've been in a slatted shed for months. He let them out tonight, after dark, into a field with barbed wire. He was told to let them off into a different field early this morning so they could calm down and catch their bearings.

They went ballistic and ran riot into barbed wire. We're lucky only two were caught up in it.

I don't know, I'm hoping my brothers account is pessimistic. It's not even the value of the animals that's the problem, in case anyone thinks that - they're young friesian bullocks (not worth much), it's the idea of what happened them that has me annoyed.

In sweet comforting bed.

This is a new era for me going to bed this early. I went at 10 last night and it gave me the taste for more. So here I am in the lovely bed.
    There's nothing like getting into a healthy sleep cycle. Does you the world of good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

No, it's a pooled on-call service between various practices. He wants to give them until morning and the brother agreed. I'd rather put them out of their misery tonight tbh.

now this is better news. He sounds lovely.

He is a dote. Arrives in the door with a giant hug for my Mum & one for me because he “doesn’t want me to be jealous!”

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

We used to always leave them out early in the morning & let them let off all the freedom steam around the shed. 3/4 of an acre of wasteland before bringing them anywhere.

I can fully understand your anger, they could have ended up anywhere in the darkness.

I am usually pessimistic, but I hope it is only a couple of scratches & cuts. It is always hard to visualise events when you are hearing them second hand & we all assume the worst scenarios.

honeybear wrote: »
    He is a dote. Arrives in the door with a giant hug for my Mum & one for me because he “doesn’t want me to be jealous!”
    what a gentleman. I'm sitting here, taking deep breaths, inhaling his lovely vibes :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tyrant hopefully they aren't too bad. I'm fecking fuming with the cast iron idiot that did that.. Actual lunacy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Anyone with a brain cell in their head would have realized not to let cattle in all winter out in the dark. The best part of spring is letting the cattle out and seeing them frolick in the grass. Look sure you’ll know more in the morning, hopefully it’s not as bad as it sounds.

I’m in bed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Sorry to hear that tyrant, what kinda bolox let's cattle out from lock up after dark, I'd stick my boot up his hole if I got near him.
    Had that happen myself once with calves, dogs scared them through it. I have no barbed wire any more, electric fence, strong straight wire, it holds them even if the shock doesent make them go back straight away.
    I hope it's not a euthanasia case, things often look different in the daylight, if they can be penned and sedated the vet should be able to get it cut off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

€400 for a blender, what on earth does it do?

Airport bound with the mutt to pick up the wife, her 5 weeks of freedom is over :):)

smurfjed wrote: »
    Airport bound with the mutt to pick up the wife, her 5 weeks of freedom is over :):)
    I love the fact you're taking the dog along!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Watching weather radar, impressive squall line.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,897 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm watching the Streets of San Francisco. Starring Karl Malden and Michael Douglas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

€400 for a blender, what on earth does it do?
    Well hopefully it'll make 2 weeks of pouch dinners in 10 minutes with no lumps :D

I'm also hoping it'll vacuum, mop, wash up and load the dishwasher... :D

cbyrd wrote: »
    Well hopefully it'll make 2 weeks of pouch dinners in 10 minutes with no lumps :D

It'd want to make everyone's dinner for that money :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

T’would want to cook the dinner and all for ya for that price :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

cbyrd wrote: »

Me too. It'd be great.
    Nah I'm looking at a few years of blended diet so needed to make a good investment. Much safer that the stick Blender and the seive. If I accidentally block the tube its a Crumlin job. Blended diet is not supported by any of the hospitals so I'm winging it. There's a group I'm in on Facebook that give recommendations on blenders, I was going to go for the vitamix at 750e... Until someone recommended this one. 10 year guarantee.. But it doesn't make tea. :'(
    Can't wait to get it. :D
    I'm in me bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bed listening to the wind and rain outside. It’s so nice when you don’t have to be out in it :D

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Bed listening to the wind and rain outside. It’s so nice when you don’t have to be out in it :D

Just back in, drowned rat but wind has died down..

Wherever I go, he goes

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bedside listening to the wind :)

Night all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bedside, heart is racing, mind is racing, don't think I'm sleeping tonight.

TG1 wrote: »
    Bedside, heart is racing, mind is racing, don't think I'm sleeping tonight.

Awful feeling. Well i'm here for the night anyway..

Wherever I go, he goes

Awwww what a nice boy :)
    I need a buddy to ride shotgun with me like that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*peeks into thread*

Howdy Seph

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Tg1, I am up and at it so if you need to vent, hit me up.

On the way to the airport to try sort out passport mess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement