Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

Any word on the moo cows?
    Yeap, and as we expected. It would be cruel to expose them to inevitable infection. But I don't want to be a depressant here, so instead I'll just tell ye they're gone off to live with another farmer, far far away.

I was a bit hard on yer man who let them out yesterday, I'm glad I wasn't down home last night when it happened, have cooled down a lot today. The brother is replacing the barbed wire with electric fencing today, which we should have done a lot earlier.

Any of ye following Cheltenham today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m sorry it was as expected and it was the kindest thing to do in that situation, god love them. The downsides to farm life eh.
    Good on you for being hard on him, the least he deserves, that and having to remove a barbed wire boot from his backside.

Wouldn’t mind sticking something on cheltenham.
    Need someone to tell me who to back though!

Wouldn’t mind sticking something on cheltenham.
    Need someone to tell me who to back though!
    Same. If I can make a suggestion, just don't listen to tipsters on radio or TV. Nobody who has a serious tip is going to broadcast it to the whole country.

Not much of a gambler anyway, but it's a fantastic festival just to watch for the fun of it.

(thanks for the reassuring words by the way!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Mike Oxlong

I think I have a problem...I bought a realistic tarantula that moves.... nearly made 2 people cry already :D
    #evilbarsteward

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

I think I have a problem...I bought a realistic tarantula that moves.... nearly made 2 people cry already :D
    #evilbarsteward

This unnerves me !!!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Yeap, and as we expected. It would be cruel to expose them to inevitable infection. But I don't want to be a depressant here, so instead I'll just tell ye they're gone off to live with another farmer, far far away.

I was a bit hard on yer man who let them out yesterday, I'm glad I wasn't down home last night when it happened, have cooled down a lot today. The brother is replacing the barbed wire with electric fencing today, which we should have done a lot earlier.

Any of ye following Cheltenham today?

These things happen unfortunately, the joys of farming eh?
    I'm having conniptions here as I can't find some of my tools, my BIL might have them, but can't get him on the phone, he is down in West Cavan in the mountains working today, probably no signal there.
    Mrs is heading for Longford to shop, she shouted at me to go with her and she'd buy lunch, so fcuk it I'm going with her, :) work can wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Back in the sunny south east, bit of r&r perscribed yesterday so where better than the little slice of heaven by the sea to head to.

TG1 wrote: »
    Back in the sunny south east, bit of r&r perscribed yesterday so where better than the little slice of heaven by the sea to head to.
    And surprise, surprise, its actually sunny today ! :D

I am in the bed. Time to get up now and do a bit of cleaning before werk werk werk!

Persepoly - I am open to someone breaking me out of work - I can help with cleaning !!!! :)

• Advertisement

MsGiggles wrote: »
    Persepoly - I am open to someone breaking me out of work - I can help with cleaning !!!! :)

But where are you? :p

Is the south of the country too far away!!!!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MsGiggles wrote: »
    Is the south of the country too far away!!!!!!

I'm on the with a bulldozer :3 :pac:

Seph I knew you wouldn't let me down !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

And did brexit happen Future Boy?

No. They had a second referendum and decided to remain. Who would've thought!! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Was hoping to spend Friday night in Limerick, but alas it's not to be, London here I come.

After that, we shall put the compass on WEST, so kinda hoping that the winds aren't as wild as last weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Kitchenside - Sam Bennett \o/

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, with a sick tummy :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

At the airport feeling rather virtuous as I am eating a superfood salad :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitchen ,in for a bit , coffee , fresh bread with mayo and turkey

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    At the airport feeling rather virtuous as I am eating a superfood salad :eek:

They won't let you on the plane if you don't down a skinfull of pints in that airport bar. Ryanair rules.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I am eating a superfood salad :eek:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In cornelscourt car park wishing that I did not need to go shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

They won't let you on the plane if you don't down a skinfull of pints in that airport bar. Ryanair rules.

I’d better get cracking so!

Deskside googling the word "virtuous" :3

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Hangin' tough at the desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

In from a fight with an umbrella

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sitting in the armchair trying to convince myself to do some college work. Motivation is hard enough to come by, stupid sickness making it even worse, grumble grumble :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Sitting on the couch post roast chicken dinner (loads of spouts carrots parsnips and broccoli, so feeling virtuous too)
    My WiFi is working again... Yay, just in time for the storm. Its fierce windy this afternoon. I'm craving a big dirty ice cream or big chocolate bar. Dunno what's wrong with me. (can't have either anyway cos, dairy :()
    Hoping that we don't lose power, phone fully charged just in case. Bins and trampoline battened down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Out the back contemplating putting my coat over my head and flying into Dublin by way of the wind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement