Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

I'm in Fallon and Byrne doing a bit of work. Tomorrow is the deadline for applying for a job I have my eye on. One of the desirable abilities is proficient in Excel. I haven't a notion of it but I plan on dazzling them in the interview that they will have forgotten all about it!
    I'm also planning on adding a little poem and a special sketch to my application :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The sketch alone will get you the job :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm in Fallon and Byrne doing a bit of work. Tomorrow is the deadline for applying for a job I have my eye on. One of the desirable abilities is proficient in Excel. I haven't a notion of it but I plan on dazzling them in the interview that they will have forgotten all about it!
    I'm also planning on adding a little poem and a special sketch to my application :D
    Just blather on about Macro's, Formulae and Charts and you'll be grand.

Autosport wrote: »
    The sketch alone will get you the job :D

Thanks Auto. I was thinking of drawing my interpretation of the organisation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Just blather on about Macro's, Formulae and Charts and you'll be grand.

And pivot tables, keep mentioning those too and youll fly it!

*professional HR advice - leave out the sketch!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Back in the Premier county, had a nice couple of days away, and making a note to go back to Galway during the summer when the weather is nice so I can actually enjoy Salthill. Cupán tea in hand and relaxing before college later.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TG1 wrote: »
    And pivot tables, keep mentioning those too and youll fly it!

*professional HR advice - leave out the sketch!!! ;)

Embed the sketch into a Excel worksheet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just home to my wonderful beautiful intelligent rays of sunshine. I feel so guilty because I always get them these bakers treats which they’re obsessed with. It’s the only time they do what they’re told, when it’s time to have one, but yesterday dunnes only had the medium dog ones and I always get them the large. I am feeling very sneaky giving them a treat almost half the size smaller than usual. They now protest if it’s time to go out. Wee wees means it’s time to go outside. Little dog treats fresh air like he’s breathing in other people’s farts. He hates it. Wants up on the couch watching Telly on my inside. Big dog will generally go unless it’s cold or raining.
    It’s amazing how much they can understand though. “Bins” even gets the baby dog excited, he’s all ready to go outside if you say Bins because he knows I’ll be coming and it’s a short trip. He canters ahead leading me out to the front. Walking ahead proudly but looking behind. The amount of times he’s whacked his head off the door jams doing that. Say wee wee though? No sorry can’t be arsed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Gravy bones are the big thing in our house but they also go mad for Aldi meaty rolls!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

On the train. Standing. Training after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Watching episode 2 of the 2nd season of Derry Girls while eating a Tayto cheese and onion crisp sandwich. Yup am missing home a little today.

Was my last packet of Tayto.

Edit: Watching episode 3 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Post lovely weekly walk with my neighbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Deliver in person with a smile! Fingers crossed!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Heading for the kitchen, starved of the hunger.

You don't need any diagrams or poems just give them the poly charm :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

Home side thank G !! Can’t wait for PJs and TV !

Ok lads I'm sending the application by email. Should I type a date on the cover letter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Ok lads I'm sending the application by email. Should I type a date on the cover letter?

I'd put a date on the cover letter alright.

Starving and dinner is almost ready!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Yes. It’s still a letter so letter decorum applies.

I am on the couch dishing out words of wisdom to anyone who will listen.

Yes. It’s still a letter so letter decorum applies.

I am on the couch dishing out words of wisdom to anyone who will listen.

Including my home address and number?

Yes. It might get printed out and handed to the reviewer. Leave nothing to chance!

Next.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yes. It might get printed out and handed to the reviewer. Leave nothing to chance!

Next.

Should I have a pint of beer with dinner or a pint of water ?

:pac:

Have both but remember to have a pee before bed.

Next.

It depends on whats for dinner?

Pint of fresh air will do you the world of good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Next.

Will there ever be enough mustard in the world?

Wait til you see the colour of their money :D

( I replied to a tweet once with 'you can't afford me' and got a reasonably polite reply :))

Next.

Why do blackbirds suddenly appear whenever you are near?

Couchside contemplating life

RMAOK wrote: »
    Will there ever be enough mustard in the world?

No! Mustard, English and French, is the custard of the sofisticates.

Session over. Until next time folks. Trigger out.

Autosport wrote: »
    Why do blackbirds suddenly appear whenever you are near?

Couchside contemplating life

Watch Hitchcock’s The Birds movie on mute with The Bee Gees first album playing in the background and all will be revealed. Provided you dropped a tab of acid 17 minutes earlier.

Trigger definitely out.

But I have so many questions to ask Sir Trigg :D

Like how do they get figs into figrolls?

Why are there stars in the sky?

Why do I stalk Ted and Seph?

Why oh Why!!!!!

:D

• Advertisement

Janey Auto - did you get a stash of opium based painkillers for d'ankle? :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement