Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I haven't seen it either.

Ah now for those of you who haven't seen The Princess Bride you are seriously missing out!
    It's a wonderful film and the book is even better :)

I am in the bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's like confession...

I did not watch The Princess Bride....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Autosport wrote: »
    Much prefer violence myself :D

Yea like hardcore pimple popping - that right Auto? :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Goodness, one wouldn't want to be sensitive reading this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Ah now for those of you who haven't seen The Princess Bride you are seriously missing out!
    It's a wonderful film and the book is even better :)

I'll tell ye what, draw me a pictorial representation of it and I might* watch it.

* I probably won't!

:p

mzungu wrote: »
    I'll tell ye what, draw me a pictorial representation of it and I might* watch it.

* I probably won't!

If it's a love story I probably wouldn't either !

Watching Married At First Sight Here :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside eating a McDonalds :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Mam of 4 wrote:
    If it's a love story I probably wouldn't either !

It's funny and charming and sentimental in ways. At least that's how I remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

......I am in the bed.

Between the spreadsheets ?

TV-side and discombobulated - ate lunch late afternoon not wanting to eat now feels all wrong

• Advertisement

* I probably won't!

Not my best work I admit but you get the idea :p

It's funny and charming and sentimental in ways. At least that's how I remember it.

I've just googled it , I thought it was a run of the mill love story film , an pleasantly surprised to find it's not !

It might go on the To Watch list ...

Am off to bed and Morgan Freemans dulcet tones here , have fun folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside, feeling sleepy. Think I’ll head to bed early tonight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

giphy.gif

Another work of genius from an artist at her creative zenith.

* Wipes tear off cheek *

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I've just googled it , I thought it was a run of the mill love story film , an pleasantly surprised to find it's not !

It might go on the To Watch list ...

Am off to bed and Morgan Freemans dulcet tones here , have fun folks :)

I just read your post in Morgan Freemans voice! :D

Enjoy!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Crikey! if you made her head any bigger she'd probably topple over from the weight of it :D, Where are her hands :pac:?

Crikey! if you made her head any bigger she'd probably topple over from the weight of it :D, Where are her hands :pac:?

Now :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Only an uncultured savage would say that about Persepoly's work :P

Seven Worlds will Collide

That's the whole point. It's a blistering critique of modern life. Who, at some point, hasn't felt like their head is going to topple over? It's basically asking us " Is this the life you want?" In this sense, we could view this as Persepoly's anti-capitalist masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

On the couch!

• Advertisement

That's the whole point. It's a blistering critique of modern life. Who, at some point, hasn't felt like their head is going to topple over? It's basically asking us " Is this the life you want?" In this sense, we could view this as Persepoly's anti-capitalist masterpiece.

Also Mzungu by using a heroine from a much loved film I was hoping to challenge our perceptions of beauty by creating such a disproportionate head.

Also Mzungu by using a heroine from a much loved film I was hoping to challenge our perceptions of beauty by creating such a disproportionate head.

It was staring right at me the whole time, and I never got it. The sheer complexity of it all. There's just so many layers to your work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I think and maybe I’m right but the picture is more creative than the Mona Lisa

I’m am in awe of you Perse

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Her toes look deformed the poor thing :pac: :-P

Don't you know who you are talking to! I am a great artist who takes time and dedication with her craft! You are not fit to lick my toes!!

:pac:

Don't you know who you are talking to! I am a great artist who takes time and dedication with her craft! You are not fit to lick my toes!!

Judging by the picture a few weeks ago I wouldn't want too either :eek::eek:

:pac: :pac: :-P

kidding

Bro!!! so deep bro....

At my desk deep in thought thinking back too times when I felt my head would topple me over.

They might look deformed, but are they? Nothing is in this painting without reason. If your eyes have been drawn towards the toes, then there is a reason for that. You are meant to look there. I believe you are not looking hard enough, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Calling Mike!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Well they look much more normal than mine :mad:

( really ! - my feet were meant for a
    duck
    :o )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement