Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

All this talk about hormones. I am dealing with them right now. Think I might be heading for early menopause given how crazy my cycle is.
    I dunno lads. I need to get something off my chest.

I've always said that I wanted kids but just not now. Well "now" has arrived and I still feel the same. I'm quite maternal and very capable around babies but but but. This isn't a decision I can make lightly. Being a parent is huge. There is no part of me that longs for a baby right now. One of my closest friends says this is due to circumstance and if my life were somewhat different then I would be more sure.

Thing is though my life isn't different. It is how it is. I don't have a perfect relationship surrounded by a white picket fence. My boyfriend and I have opposing views on some important things yet I can't imagine him not being in my life.

I'm on the couch and on the fence :p

I'll have your babies for ya 😏😏

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

All this talk about hormones. I am dealing with them right now. Think I might be heading for early menopause given how crazy my cycle is.
    I dunno lads. I need to get something off my chest.

I've always said that I wanted kids but just not now. Well "now" has arrived and I still feel the same. I'm quite maternal and very capable around babies but but but. This isn't a decision I can make lightly. Being a parent is huge. There is no part of me that longs for a baby right now. One of my closest friends says this is due to circumstance and if my life were somewhat different then I would be more sure.

Thing is though my life isn't different. It is how it is. I don't have a perfect relationship surrounded by a white picket fence. My boyfriend and I have opposing views on some important things yet I can't imagine him not being in my life.

I'm on the couch and on the fence :p

Me and my Mary cant agree on one thing. Makes for dynamic debate or none, we both know each others limits. Since we had kids they're actually benefitting more from such diverse parenting methods moreso than like minded.. ah I dunno I m overthinking it but being 2 completely different people would be in any baby's favour imo.

2 year old down youtubing paper machee with my 6 year old. Tg for casting!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'll sire a bastard for you Perse :pac:

At home, stuffed with pizza and catching up on Broad City.

Both of those statements are the most romantic things I've ever said.

Thing is though that the only reason I would be attempting to get pregnant now is because I would be scared of possible regret down the line. That's not much of a reason at all in my eyes. I'll just hide under the duvet and then everything will be ok :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Anyone else want to go halves on a baby here tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

Thing is though that the only reason I would be attempting to get pregnant now is because I would be scared of possible regret down the line. That's not much of a reason at all in my eyes. I'll just hide under the duvet and then everything will be ok :D

perse i can be your tommy the ram dillion :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

*doubles up on the pill*
    Just joking, my personality is effective enough :D

Just got into bed, life is good

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Anyone else want to go halves on a baby here tonight?

Its not the baby daddy thats the problem!! :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Its not the baby daddy thats the problem!! :p

Is it the motion in the ocean?
    Let me tell you about the birds and the bees.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I should have booked tonight off, i do not have enough popcorn for this thread..

• Advertisement

I should have booked tonight off, i do not have enough popcorn for this thread..

My post was not intended to be popcorn worthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

472554.jpg

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

So if me and my missus want to have a baby in the future I can count on one of the lads here to be sperm donor? :p

On the couch wondering if I want to have a baby. Thanks Perse :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside can't move
    Succubus_ wrote: »
    So if me and my missus want to have a baby in the future I can count on one of the lads here to be sperm donor? :p

Sure thing 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

And two for the price of one....:D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

Love this thread, should post more often. Beautiful musings on the a**eholes in life, find myself nodding in agreement. Nice bit of fun too.

I'm at home having a few glasses of wine. Feeling a bit stressed, stuff happening that will cause more drama, bloody sick of it. Have a lovely weekend

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

My post was not intended to be popcorn worthy!

The responses on the other hand :P

The responses on the other hand :P

I would have gotten better responses maybe if I said I was suicidal :p

Teapot22 wrote: »
    Love this thread, should post more often. Beautiful musings on the a**eholes in life, find myself nodding in agreement. Nice bit of fun too.

I'm at home having a few glasses of wine. Feeling a bit stressed, stuff happening that will cause more drama, bloody sick of it. Have a lovely weekend

Join in Teapot, we won't bite.

Well it depends what is in the teapot.

I would have gotten better responses maybe if I said I was suicidal :p

Ohhh Soo basically we poor our heart out with advice and its not good for the poly? Well I never

*Huff's*

:pac:

• Advertisement

Only if you call the child Jon Snow.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »

Well it depends what is in the teapot.

tenor.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Only if you call the child Jon Snow.

You can negotiate that with the missus :p

First I have to convince her to have babies with me, she won't unless I'm more normal, so that will be never then :D

Ohhh Soo basically we poor our heart out with advice and its not good for the poly? Well I never

*Huff's*

:pac:

Its risky pouring your heart out Seph :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I only offer live service, no AI. :D

Thanks Shoes, Edward, and Kevin x
    I have a bit more thinking to do but I'll get there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What have I walked in to :eek:

Homeside trying to warm up :)

Still bedside not crying into my pillow
    Its risky pouring your heart out Seph :p

Is it what ! especially when you stamp on it all the time :3 :pac:

In my favourite pub.. Will post sensible response for Perse tomorrow.. I will say that babies grow into teens and I'm seriously thinking of cancelling my night away tomorrow night because of mine.. Refusing to be shipped out and Im worried about letting them at home.. We'll see.

• Advertisement

Autosport wrote: »
    What have I walked in to :eek:

Homeside trying to warm up :)

It's always risky entering this thread.

Netflixxing here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement