Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hope the sandman brings you sweet dreams

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I feel like if I could crack my hip I'd be grand. It's that type of pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Succubus_ wrote: »
    In the leaba and waiting for the sandman to do his thing.

Are you talking about the Mettalica sandman or Portuguese fortified wine?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I feel like if I could crack my hip I'd be grand. It's that type of pain.

Maybe a physio or osteo might help.. Check with a doc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Are you talking about the Mettalica sandman or Portuguese fortified wine?

The fella who sprinkles sand in my eyes and sends me off to sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

0lddog wrote: »
    @our SE Asia rep :

1. Would banning palm oil production in your area be like banning say, olive oil or milk production in Europe ?

2. Have the local palm oil plantations ( e.g. on Penang ) been wiped out by housing development ?

Am no expert but here are my thoughts:

1. It would devastate the economy of 2 developing nations, cause hunger and homelessness so am not a proponent of the ban of palm oil. I do, however, think it needs tighter regulation and a more ethical process of production.

2. I have only really been on the Island part of Penang and the east coast is all pretty much city. It gets a little less developed as you go west. Am not sure how much palm production there is there. As for the rest of the country, I really don't have a clue either, sorry!

One of my mates is an environmental journalist and she is against the banning of palm oil too. She has some stuff on her website www.changingtimes.com that might shed some more light on the issue. She has spent time in Borneo, the worst affected area.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Maybe a physio or osteo might help.. Check with a doc?

Yeah I'm considering it.. it is improving though which is good.

Nice one Paws hope it's gone for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside, suffering from awful acid reflux. Had Chinese earlier but didn't think it was that spicy. Off to hunt down some Alka Seltzer.

Argh hate that.. Fingers crossed you find the alka seltzer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bed, awake, but pleasantly surprised that I slept about 5 hours. Will do a bit of meditation in an hour or so to start the day as I mean to go on....

Sinus noggin pain, please bugger off, well overstayed your welcome now. :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside pissed off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

Bedside pissed off

What’s up x

Bedside pissed off

*grem hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Nice sunny morning to all I hope, I really really need to get my car washed.

I was driving yesterday with CH written in the dirt :o

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Where else on a Monday but work uggghhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Sunny morning, indeed. Going for a walk, followed by coffee and goodies, then the lawns will, hopefully, be cut.

Which reminds me - I have to get petrol for the mower...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It’s just a four day week for be before a long weekend away.
    So here I am at my desk with a million things to do work wise but wondering what are the best breakfast places to visit this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Which reminds me - I have to get petrol for the mower...

Get the car washed while you're there.;)

Get the car washed while you're there.;)

That's the plan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm a visual thinker and every time I read ''bedside'' I mentally saw you all perched on bedside lockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭MsGiggles

CH your day seems to be unbelievably chilled !

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Monday!!!!!

Guess who’s not working today :D

Kitchenside

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

What a glorious morning out there and I too have a day off to enjoy it.
    First wash on the line, coffee brewing, laptop cranked up for some life paperwork, a few jobs to be done down the town. All in all it is shaping up to be a lovely day.

Amazing what you can do when you take work out of the equation :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Stop lads! The jealousy is real :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside at my day job.
    Has anyone seen my motivation? Cause it's nowhere to be seen over here.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Dressed to distress.
    Off now to wreak havoc and destruction ...I mean, be productive .

My, it's a mighty fine day out there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

At the desk trying to remain calm. I have an interview this afternoon and I realised this morning that I've been preparing for the wrong position - I submitted applications for two positions in the same company and they focus on two completely different research areas, and I somehow managed to get them mixed up. I theoretically have time to prepare, but I have been up all night sick so I'm exhausted, and I'm currently taking quite strong antiemetics (to stop me throwing up) that are seriously clouding my brain.

Then right out after the interview I'm going to visit a great aunt who I'm close to and who is currently very ill, followed by dinner with my boyfriend's parents for the first time (and I cancelled meeting them last week, so I can't do it again). Aaaarrrrrggghhhhh.

Sorry for the little rant. It will be ok by tonight (I hope) but right now all I want is my bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement