Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Mutt finally dragged me outta bed and we are having Nespresso on the balcony, weather is beautiful and birds are singing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

In bed, woken by the beep of the smoke alarm battery dying. Why does this always happen during the night?!
    Ah well practice for tomorrow morning when this will be waking up time after the clocks change

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Heading out with the dogs. It’s a beautiful morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Up grand and early for my porridge, banana and coffee before heading off to my mother's.

I'm getting a parkrun (5km) run in Poppintree Park (Ballymun) in and giving the 'ma her Mother's Day flowers and chocolates.

I grew up in Ballymun and don't get to see it all that often anymore, the regeneration made a bollox of a brilliant community.

Looks like a beautiful morning

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm glad I went out...the general hope for me is that you can start in a pub or anywhere really, but something interesting (good or a bit bizarre ) should happen before the end of the night .

And I underestimated what good company I was in. Didn't think of the other person once .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Morning... I am confused. Just told someone on the phone it is April 1st as when I checked my bank account on auto phone banking they said April 1st. computer says otherwise. Ah well...

COLD! Was not planning on lighting any more fires at all.

Done my morning inspection of my seed - babies and all looking spry and happy. Peas including a rare heritage varietty I managed to get a packet of, sweet peas, beans, kale and other edible and fair goodies. Some already planted out and thriving ie beans and peas,. and dozens of trays just showing life ...wonderful sight.

a good year ahead. ground ready for no-dig potatoes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Lovely to see your post Graces!

Teapot22 wrote: »
    We live kinda in the middle of nowhere, probably just as well!! Sausage sandwich in the making..

Another one on for you..best appetite on the thread!!

Here i would have to rouse the ferryman.. and get transport etc somehow on the mainland.... lol

honeybear wrote: »
    Lovely to see your post Graces!

aw thanks.. struggling healthwise still but still myself and me ...

Witchie wrote: »
    If you get the chance, go have the best food in Glasgow, in fact they won best restaurant in Scotland. My mate owns the place so am always sending people there.

It's called The Gannet in Finniston.

+1 for this, seems you & my brother are friends with the same chef!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

bubblypop wrote: »
    If you get the chance, go have the best food in Glasgow, in fact they won best restaurant in Scotland. My mate owns the place so am always sending people there.

It's called The Gannet in Finniston.

+1 for this, seems you & my brother are friends with the same chef!

Peter McKenna or his business partner Ivor?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I love the name The Gannet . As well as the gannet birds , it's a name for a person with a very healthy appetite , isn't it?

I think I've got a name for the other dog here. Piglet and Gannet has a nice ring to it.

I'm home today trying to get some online shopping done . I need a lot of random items so the internet is a godsend for me .

Also going to have to think about my father who's showing signs of alzheimers at not even 60 years of age. He's ok right now and I'm fine , it's just one of those things that have to be thought about . From other peoples posts I think most of you know about that yourselves .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with coffee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Off to Edinburgh now! Missed the restaurant post but I will haste back to Glasgow at some point!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

About to start a purge :D
    I’m planning on a massive clear out so I’m sorting through clothes etc. to donate.
    I may very well get lost under a mountain of old t-shirts :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Lovely morning out there...At work going for a stroll..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Beautiful morning. Just pottering.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Great morning.

Gym and then a run, I reckon.

Peter McKenna or his business partner Ivor?

Peter.
    Had a lovely walk, just in time I think, looks like rain.......

Beautiful morning. Just pottering.

Can I pick your brain Draven Fast Card? There's a small field and a tiny wooded area near me that's full of wild life, there seems to be a large amount of foxes there over the years, last Saturday and Monday there was a fox in the field during the day, I've never seen them out during the day, just curious is it for food or do they often ramble around during the day?

On topic, I'm in the dressing gown, heading for the shower, babysitting for the afternoon and need to go shopping. I'm also tired and have a headache, need a major injection of energy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Can I pick your brain Srameen? There's a small field and a tiny wooded area near me that's full of wild life, there seems to be a large amount of foxes there over the years, last Saturday and Monday there was a fox in the field during the day, I've never seen them out during the day, just curious is it for food or do they often ramble around during the day?

On topic, I'm in the dressing gown, heading for the shower, babysitting for the afternoon and need to go shopping. I'm also tired and have a headache, need a major injection of energy.

It's not at all unusual for foxes to be out during the day. They will certainly hunt but sometimes they just like to laze in the sunshine.

Taking coffee out to the garden, where Mrs S is sitting reading the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, just awake properly now. Must head out shortly and get my mam her mother’s Day present because I didn’t have a chance to get it yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Couch side giving little bird lunch then it's nap time

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Having my lunch on the tractor, a ham and cheese toastie with a cup of tea brought out to me by herself.
    Slurry doesent put me off my grub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

By the Atlantic ocean. I fuking love it. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

By the Atlantic ocean. I fuking love it. :)

Same, my favourite rambles always..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Having a pre-match warm beer from a plastic bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Having a pre-match warm beer from a plastic bottle.

What match Trigger?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

What match Trigger?

Watford are the opposition!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

English football so.

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement