Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

Off babysitting my two favourite little people for 2 days.
    Wish me luck!! B

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

I know a small bit just for fun but I don't do charts or anything . If it's not complicated maybe I can help?

It's just curiousness really , was outside at 10pm last night and saw what was like a shooting star but it was really bright with like a long tail after it more like a comet or something. Never seen anything like it before ...... Would it have just been a shooting star or something else??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a pounding headache 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    It's just curiousness really , was outside at 10pm last night and saw what was like a shooting star but it was really bright with like a long tail after it more like a comet or something. Never seen anything like it before ...... Would it have just been a shooting star or something else??

I'm as clueless as you are here, that's astronomy you want :) Sounds like a comet...I'd like to stay in that part of Kerry that's designated a dark sky reserve . Even here in the semi-countryside, there's yellow sodium streetlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Second day in a row being able to head off for a lovely long walk by the sea with the dog at this time of the day. We're both delighted with ourselves and I thought to myself, that line from Van Morrison's Coney island " wouldn't it be great if it was like this all the time ", and then realised I was literally looking across at Coney island! :D

• Advertisement

I'm as clueless as you are here, that's astronomy you want :) Sounds like a comet...I'd like to stay in that part of Kerry that's designated a dark sky reserve . Even here in the semi-countryside, there's yellow sodium streetlights.
    Yeah it was v cool . Thanks anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Not an expert but I understand that a shooting star can have a bright tail. Its a bit of dust or small debris entering the atmosphere. Sometimes called a meteor and you can observe meteor showers at times.
    You are so lucky to be free enough of night light to observe it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still deskside but with my tin foil hat on now

That was no shooting star....that was the lizard people beginning the invasion of earth.

:pac:

Lol space invaders mabey .......

Choo Choo!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I hear the train a- coming, it's rolling round the bend...

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Had a breakfast fit for a king and feeling way too stuffed to be working...

Had a breakfast fit for a king and feeling way too stuffed to be working...

What did you have Trigger?

Sitting on the train.

What did you have Trigger?

Sitting on the train.

2 sausages, black and white pudding, poached egg, hash brown and a tomato.

Aka:- The Widow Maker.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Not fully Trigger, you wimped out with the poached eggs and no Rasher. Sound more like a cry for help to me, :).
    General duties so far, but I'm going to chance a bit of topping now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In the leaba. Eventually got home at around half 3 last night. All is well with herself, just another course of antibiotics and steroids.

Wrecked!

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    In the leaba. Eventually got home at around half 3 last night. All is well with herself, just another course of antibiotics and steroids.

Wrecked!

Glad to hear it!

I am sitting on my own in a meeting room and hoping the other attendees have forgotten to turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Not fully Trigger, you wimped out with the poached eggs and no Rasher. Sound more like a cry for help to me, :).
    General duties so far, but I'm going to chance a bit of topping now.

Go for it, Shay :D

I'm doing nothing worth talking about so I must fix this and be productive . My heart's not in anything today .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wondering where I put the rest of my banana.. I am sure I did not finish it... :eek: Just in from a little gardening and patrolling the drive to try to get some strength back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hairdressers with a coffee...Happy Friday All!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,710 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This thread is not logical.

I'm having lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back from a longer shopping trip to town than was planned. Bumped in to a neighbour and we ended up having lunch. A damp day out, so why not eat and enjoy good company?

Now, setting the fire and I fancy a bar of chocolate, but off it for Lent.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lunchtime people watching :)

Srameen I'll have some chocolate for you :D I'm nice like that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

I'm having lunch.

Logical is boring! We aren't in school. :)

I'm topping a few fields, better day out today.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Workside but almost at weekendside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I'm having lunch.

I like this feelgood thread. Kermit, if I remember correctly you were great at updating our weather during the snow...that weather was a bit mad

Make it snow Kermit! :D

I am workside

Couch side just found a box of Ferrero rocher I had forgot about !! Woo woo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couch side just found a box of Ferrero rocher I had forgot about !! Woo woo

That’s the Friday feeling if there ever was one!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement