Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, watching the late late show:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

I'm a daddy again and for the first time. All at the same time! Yay! It's a girl. And she is seriously _tiny_.

She looks like a Jana. I think we are going to go with Jana. But it's not fixed.

Congratulations, love hearing news of a new life in the world..enjoy her!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Couchside thawing out - another (unlucky) defeat but saw a bit of football tonight, green shoots etc

Seven Worlds will Collide

Will you pronounce Jana like Jane-a or Jan-a? Lovely name either way.

Ya-Na I think is the closest way to do it phonetically. Though when you hear her mum day it there is an invisible but not silent h after first a :) so more like Ya(h)-na.

Her little toes are flexing like a wave. Like the first toe on each foot flexes - then it spreads out almost in perfect unison across her whole foot and the other foot at the same time. Then a little shiver goes through her little body like she is thinking "I did that".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

So cute! Congratulations!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Ya-Na I think is the closest way to do it phonetically. Though when you hear her mum day it there is an invisible but not silent h after first a :) so more like Ya(h)-na. .......

The only Jana that I know is Swedish.

Is it a Swedish name ? ( in as much as any first name belongs to a particular country )

Scrap that idea ! :D Google is throwing up all sorts of suggestions and none of them mention a Swedish derivation

Hope Jana & mother have a good night :)

Other mammy is a translator who works mostly with german - so i think she had some influence on this. So yes. Its germanic a bit.

0lddog wrote: »
    The only Jana that I know is Swedish.

Is it a Swedish name ? ( in as much as any first name belongs to a particular country )

Jana Novotna was a Czech tennis player (back in the day)

Think I have to find a pub soon. Apparently "visiting hours" do eventually apply to proud daddies.

Think I have to find a pub soon. Apparently "visiting hours" do eventually apply to proud daddies.

GO!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,914 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Heading to bed now , Rocky is over :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside with a Galway hooker ;)

The pale ale I mean 🍺 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Congrats TaxA :)

This party train is slowing down, getting too old for this party lifestyle :D

Couchside

Bedside and alarm set for 7.30am.. Dear lotto God please take pity on poor Duvet Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

You've got an Aries daughter , Tax.

Stockpile the valium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I'm an Aries!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm an Aries!

So am I :)

Are you an Aries Aries? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Are you an Aries Aries?

Pray tell?

You've got an Aries daughter , Tax.

Stockpile the valium.

Lol.. I think the valium is essential regardless of a daughters starsign.
    I'd love a cuddle off a newborn tbh, there's just nothing like it, I can sit and look at them all day. I was babysitting a 4 Yr old yesterday and they're absolutely gas but the questions are endless.. "Why do you have a washing machine Duvet Day?", "Why do you have a dryer?" "Why does your washing machine have a door?".. Lol but I was worn out 😭

Auto is off to the land of nod

Goodnight my lovelies :):D

• Advertisement

I am now in the pub with a girl who is crazy sure she knows the plot for the next avengers movie.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!

Apparently the comics tell us that Bruce Banner will MERGE with the HULK. So in the next movie we are going to meet "Professor hulk".

But also the ultimate reveal of the movie is going to be that Thanos travels back in time and ultimately fights against himself.

little toes i just accepted the bet! I only lose if _both_ of her predictions are wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Home. Ended up doing 11 and a half hours when I was meant to do 9. One of the lads was bolloxed from race day yesterday so me being me, stayed on to polish glasses with (read: instead of) him. I’m too nice

Roaming the halls whilst the house sleeps quietly.
    Late night energy buzz kicked in again: one of the trials of being a night owl! But the quiet dark calm is lovely.

Of course, tomorrow I'll be dead to the world until noon :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Caffeinated up with a humongous cup of cwaffee and gonna go grab an Aunti Annie's pretzel on my way to rehearsals.

Yeeeooo

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Coffee time. Bloody cattle looing wakened me at 6 this morning, a couple of calves got out through the feeding barriers and mammys and baby's then going mad.
    All sorted now, at least they're happy again.
    Roll on this day week, all will be out by then I hope.

Morning all :)

Happy Saturday!!!

Why do I wake up early on my day off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Morning all. Another bright morning. Taking a few moments to appreciate the warmth of my bed but getting up soon to head to the Big Smoke to meet some friends. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Autosport, why waste a day off in BED :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

The thunderstorms that I spent my week avoiding moved further east into Iran, they caused 80 deaths and made 80,000 people homeless, nature is a cruel mistress.

Nespresso time, working today but clear blue skies forecast.

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    @Autosport, why waste a day off in BED :)

Nah I won't spend the day here just another hour or 2 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement