Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

There's a lot of emotion being felt by posters in here tonight. Shpud touched a lot of people through boards. I think we all need to keep that in mind when posting this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    That was absolutely not the impression I got from the post. She’s right, there’s no scandal, nothing to know, he posted here regularly and now he’s gone. That’s all there is to know.

I'm not looking for scandal, I'm looking to understand who a person was. "oh it's someone who posted here before" is grand. That doesn't explain to me who he was or what he was about.

Or maybe people here didn't actually know so they're trying to be sincere in there condolences when in fact they knew nothing about someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

BBFAN wrote: »
    "there was no story". I beg to differ. Everyone has story. That was just a smart arse "we're all in the know here" response.

This is not really the time to act the dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

"there was no story". I beg to differ. Everyone has story. That was just a smart arse "we're all in the know here" response.

And by god did he have a story

TG1 wrote: »
    There's a lot of emotion being felt by posters in here tonight. Shpud touched a lot of people through boards. I think we all need to keep that in mind when posting this evening.

If people have genuine grief over someone passing why would they have any problem about posting who he was and what he was about?????

That's like a load of people in a local pub grieving someone who went there nightly but refusing to discuss who they were or what they were like??

Suggests to me that in fact those people knew nothing except that this person came in every night and said hello.

Pathetic.

• Advertisement

If people have genuine grief over someone passing why would they have any problem about posting who he was and what he was about?????

That's like a load of people in a local pub grieving someone who went there nightly but refusing to discuss who they were or what they were like??

Suggests to me that in fact those people knew nothing except that this person came in every night and said hello.

Pathetic.

Read the thread I started then you will see what he was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

I'm not looking for scandal, I'm looking to understand who a person was. "oh it's someone who posted here before" is grand. That doesn't explain to me who he was or what he was about.

Or maybe people here didn't actually know so they're trying to be sincere in there condolences when in fact they knew nothing about someone?

I think if you read the news link provided it tells much of the type of lad he was really.
    People here are obviously hurting or at least sad.
    Someone said there's a thread on him, perhaps there'd be more there BB.

GoneHome wrote: »
    And by god did he have a story

So why wouldn't people feel like sharing it? Except for maybe they don't know it and just want to fake grieve for a fake online friend?

I think if you read the news link provided it tells much of the type of lad he was really.
    People here are obviously hurting or at least sad.
    Someone said there's a thread on him, perhaps there'd be more there BB.

I've already said I can't open the news link. Hence my question.

Jesus H Christ. You can't ask a genuine question here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

BBFAN - as I was only vaguely aware of him e.g he started the last TTTAY thread, perhaps others knew him from threads you (and I) didn't frequent.

It's difficult just to give someone's story off the bat.
    That said it is always sad to hear of a person passing so early in life, for whatever reason.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

What difference does it make to you bb? If people want to grieve let them grieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

PM sent BBFan .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

RIP I didn't post loads here or on the previous thread, I do remember reading his posts and trying to support him. Hope he gets the peace he wanted

Read the thread I started then you will see what he was about.

So all you had to do was copy and paste that post here for those of us who didn't know any of that instead of taking offence and getting up on your high horse.

How the fcuk do you know who else is going through the same struggles?? You think if that young lad had taught you anything it was to be kinder not meaner. :rolleyes:

BBFAN - as I was only vaguely aware of him e.g he started the last TTTAY thread, perhaps others knew him from threads you (and I) didn't frequent.

It's difficult just to give someone's story off the bat.
    That said it is always sad to hear of a person passing so early in life, for whatever reason.

As I've already said, all it would of took was for Perse to copy and paste their new thread post. That's not difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

So why wouldn't people feel like sharing it? Except for maybe they don't know it and just want to fake grieve for a fake online friend?
    Disgusting.

My last exchange with Shpud was so negative because I got so upset with private messages. I have felt physically sick all evening because I couldn’t help, or couldn’t even read what he felt he needed to share. Yes, he was “just online”, but people on here, especially those of us up all night, tried so hard to help him. He was a young guy, he loved his dog and he loved planes and photography. He could have had the whole world at his feet but he struggled so much and I am pretty sure a lot of us on this thread feel massive guilt (me) or at least a sadness or wonder if there was anything more we could have done. There’s nothing fake about knowing someone you exchanged many messages with felt like he could no longer cope with this world.

I've already said I can't open the news link. Hence my question.

Jesus H Christ. You can't ask a genuine question here.

OK, I didnt know the lad either BTW.
    Open after hours, Persepolys thread is there, I gathered from it he was a troubled young lad, I may be wrong but that's the impression I got.
    I can be corrected by anyone if that's wrong.
    It doesent affect me as the others as I had no interaction with the lad.
    I m not intending to be hostile, but perhaps the thread about the lad is where you should look for answers.
    I'm relaxing but I'm meeting a few lads for 2 pints later, to keep this thread intact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-Knock it off

I didn't know him personally obviously but I can genuinely say that I'm still in absolute shock and haven't felt this sad about the the death of many people I knew irl. I'd say quite a few people here may be feeling similar, also I'm thinking of his parents and family, it's just heartbreaking tbh.

TG1 wrote: »
    What difference does it make to you bb? If people want to grieve let them grieve.

Doesn't make any difference to me. I asked a genuine question about who the chap was and got jumped on left right and centre, full stop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I'm watching tv, eating ice-cream and fruit cocktail, and leaving this until emotions settle down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

I'm watching tv, eating ice-cream and fruit cocktail, and leaving this until emotions settle down.

Agreed... already took 30 mins.. going to take a few more

Disgusting.

My last exchange with Shpud was so negative because I got so upset with private messages. I have felt physically sick all evening because I couldn’t help, or couldn’t even read what he felt he needed to share. Yes, he was “just online”, but people on here, especially those of us up all night, tried so hard to help him. He was a young guy, he loved his dog and he loved planes and photography. He could have had the whole world at his feet but he struggled so much and I am pretty sure a lot of us on this thread feel massive guilt (me) or at least a sadness or wonder if there was anything more we could have done. There’s nothing fake about knowing someone you exchanged many messages with felt like he could no longer cope with this world.

There is absolutely nothing disgusting about me asking a question about someone that numerous posters are talking about.

Other than the fact that I got attacked for it left, right and centre.

Gas how everyone is feeling all "guilty" when you can attack people you know nothing about willy nilly.

How the fcuk do you know I'm not suicidal tonight??

Would you feel guilty tomorrow if I was gone?? Such online bs.

Mod- Thats it. Locked for a little while for people to see my warning from a few minutes ago.

Mod-Ok, reopening. No bickering. If you haven't anything nice to say then keep your trap shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

Couchside watching sport

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Completely chillin...no work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Am....couchside watching the news, thankful that the weather a.let me watch the cycle race and b.not be caught in that Connemara roads protest today :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

Watching Jaws, I'm off out now though, think I'll record it, haven't seen it in a long while.

• Advertisement

Watching Jaws, I'm off out now though, think I'll record it, haven't seen it in a long while.

Don't forget one thing on your way home.
    A bigger boat

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement