Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Car waiting for a decent time to go in for my interview... Again... It's all I seem to do these days! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

All the best TG1

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Fingers crossed for you TG :)

I’m about to boil the kettle and make a hot water bottle.
    Come on summer, I’m waiting :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Clayton hotel in Dubland.. Rosie's pale ale is the best they have on tap ;D

Just in from work, anyone selling an ark? Unbelievable rain here since yesterday, roads are shocking and I need to head out again shortly. Re. Easter eggs, I saw a post on fb weeks ago saying that there would be Bounty eggs this year (judge not lol), I'm ridiculously disappointed that it seems to be fake news 😥

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Was reading thru Perse's opening to the Sphud thread...and worked my way thru the posts.. and started tearing up again...
    Switched to Guinness here and switching off boards for a wee while,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Just in from work, anyone selling an ark?

Don’t worry, I Noah guy ;)

Just got home myself. Raining like mad, although it appears to finally be easing off over here.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    Don’t worry, I Noah guy ;)

Just got home myself. Raining like mad, although it appears to finally be easing off over here.

Lol, good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Just woke from my nap ... I do love a good nap!

Just home, working all day. Hate rain.
    Making curry from leftover lamb..... A couple of very long days coming up at work, Will make enough for few days.
    What in the world did I miss? How did our regulars get banned??!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home and making a pizza from scratch. Then I have the couch booked for myself and Game of thrones. A bit of fantasyland is just what I need.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Off to work for myself.. All out of sorts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Stuffed after a feed of sausage, rasher, white pudding, baby boiled and croquette potatoes and fried onions (No animals were harmed in the making of this meal ;)). Fire's lit and TV is on - Only Connect and University Challenge night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I'm coachside waiting for dinner to be cooked, fire lighting and a bit of reading to catch up on tonight as my "to be read" pile is getting bigger by the week.

Looking at the coverage of the fire in Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris - such a shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Looking at the coverage of the fire in Notre Dame Cathedral, Paris - such a shame!

Absolutely, so much beauty and history going up in smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Yes just spotted that now, we're glued to it here on Sky News, a real shame

• Registered Users Posts: 21,912 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kitchen , about to put on something to eat .
    Sometimes I think we can forget that our words on the screen in front of us , affect others , often in many different ways .

Enjoy your night folks .

GoneHome wrote: »
    Yes just spotted that now, we're glued to it here on Sky News, a real shame

It's hard to watch. We're close to tears here, as we visited it so many times with our Parisian friends and some, now dead, friends were married there many years ago.

Going for a short walk in the rain - I may even have a cigarette.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Home side now and thinking a walk in the rain might be helpful

Enjoy your evening :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,567 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: smurfjed, don't post here again. PM if you want clarification.

Overturned. Bit of a misunderstanding. All cleaned up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

God...quite shocked about Notre Dame cathedral . It's one of those places you expect to be there forever. I thought it would wait.

Wow, just looked when I saw this.
    Got stuck in Paris last year for few days because of snow in Ireland, so glad I saw it then!
    Fabulous building.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mod

I've just cleaned up/deleted some posts, I don't want to have to have my mod hat on in this thread folks as its my favorite thread, please stop with the sniping and the blaming, its turning the thread toxic.

Thanks

Thread re-opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Fifty grades of shay.

Devastating, I remember our cathedral being burned in Longford here a few years ago and the way we all felt about it.
    But notre dame is just so shocking because of its history and world wide fame.
    Having a coffee with a slice of battenberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sitting watching coverage of the fire in Norte Dame and listening to the rain still lashing out there. Looking forward to the weather picking up as the week goes on.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Looking at it on BBC and just noticed that the volume on their site goes up to 11 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I'm sure they could do without the fuss of Macron showing up and all that that entails.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Looking at it on BBC and just noticed that the volume on their site goes up to 11 :pac:

I wonder why they didn't just make 10 louder!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I go for one (really really long) interview and miss what caused seph to put his mod hat on.... I dunno, I miss all the drama.

Anyway, home, getting into the PJs, shattered after that interview. It was one of those felt like a chat at the time but come out an hour and a half later and realise your brain was picked to within an inch of it's life type ones... Can't wait to get into bed and zone out now!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement