Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

From the monks at Buckfast Abbey?

You took the words right out of my mouth.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

From the monks at Buckfast Abbey?

That's it, buckfast. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Edward M wrote: »
    Same here and that crazy wine stuff, can't think of the name of it now. You'd be loaded in a short time.
    I still love a bulmers if I'm out for a bit to eat, but I wouldn't have too many now.
    A pint of Smithwicks is my usual, I like a good whiskey and a sup of gin sometimes too.
    In the kitchen cooking up a storm for the masses. Chicken and homemade chips with green beans and garden peas.
    I spoil the fcukers.
    Buckfast when I was feeling posh
    Schooner when I was slumming it.

A flaggin of cider down by the railway tracks was a rite of passage for 14 year olds when I was a kid.
    Have not drank cider since!

Linden Village. 2 Ltrs of the stuff and it was puke city. Great times.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On the couch cobbling together fridge surprise for dinner with mashed spuds... :D
    3 small ones in the bath, I needed the floor washed and Elliot is sitting on my knee chewing his finger and shouting at me cos he's tired but won't go asleep.
    I had the 7 year old with the gp today, he's to be tested for coeliac on Wednesday, it'd be great to have an answer for him. Poor pet has been suffering in silence for the last few months.
    I Says, so sorry about your Aunt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Linden Village. 2 Ltrs of the stuff and it was puke city. Great times.:D

Was that in a box with a tap on it?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Buckfast makes me do bad bad things :D

On the plane now waiting for everyone to get on.

Was that in a box with a tap on it?

It was the simple flaggin back in the 80s. A big fat plastic bottle of DOOM!

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Buckfast makes me do bad bad things :D

A pint of Buckfast for the young lady please :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

What have I stumbled into?. Are we all mitching to go bushing out the back field?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

What have I stumbled into?. Are we all mitching to go bushing out the back field?

You bring the cider and I will bring the sherry from my grans drinks cabinet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Up up and away I go! Let me know where we're going gattin later, I'll be there with a naggin of vodka and a donkey's bollocks :D oh yeah, I do give kisses for free drinks :p

I did many a night in the bushes by Arva Lake when I was young.
    Just heard today too that an old lad we used to know there has died, he used to go into the local off-licence to buy stuff for us betimes, we had to give him the price of something for himself, he liked a sup and hadn't always the price of it.
    Lord have mercy on him, he was a sound ould skin.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I'll be there with a naggin of vodka and a donkey's bollocks :D oh yeah, I do give kisses for free drinks :p

I haven't a clue and I'm not going to ask. I do note the last bit though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Gone old school this evening.....no dishwasher tablets so washing by hand......had a great conversation with myself while doing the dishes lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

About to head to the gym. Not feeling particularly motivated today so this should be interesting

You can tell the time by lifting a donkeys bollocks apparently.
    https://youtu.be/21mLECfpv3M

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Edward M wrote: »
    I did many a night in the bushes by Arva Lake when I was young.
    Just heard today too that an old lad we used to know there has died, he used to go into the local off-licence to buy stuff for us betimes, we had to give him the price of something for himself, he liked a sup and hadn't always the price of it.
    Lord have mercy on him, he was a sound ould skin.

Ah sorry to hear that Edward , you have nice memories of him though :)

Kitchen .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Stone Gossard

Fckin diet...I've lost 9lb in a week which is good.... but I want a sodding burger!...and a kebab...and an Indian......and maybe a pizza to wash it all down ...

On the plus side I'm heading to Robs Ranch-house in Killarney on Wednesday...they do gluten-free options for the little one...so I guess I'll have to have a burger too ...just to keep her company you understand ;)

We didn't really need to go gattin back in the day, we had no problem getting served from a young age and no one batted an eyelid, we drank bottles of Stag, Satzenbrau and Ritz.. Id say they're not even around now, fcuk I'm old lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

We didn't really need to go gattin back in the day, we had no problem getting served from a young age and no one batted an eyelid, we drank bottles of Stag, Satzenbrau and Ritz.. Id say they're not even around now, fcuk I'm old lol.

You and your la-di-da fancy new fangled beverages. We could have a bottle of Guinness or a bottle of McArdle's, take it or leave them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh I drank them all. Harp and Guinness too. Devils bit for bushin.. No wonder I'm in such a hayp now :o

You and your la-di-da fancy new fangled beverages. We could have a bottle of Guinness or a bottle of McArdle's, take it or leave them.

Memories of Eddie Marums bar in Naas, he had it on draught too, wasn't a bad ale tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I was a devils bit field mouse too.
    I remember (bits) of getting 2 bottles of 2 liter devils bit, the first 2l went down easily enough, I struggled with the second bottle but powered through and the minute I stood up what seemed like a fountain of fermented apples rained out of my nose. I was probably gagging but it was exiting via my nose anyway.

Or necking a bottle of green Mickey Finns before my debs. I was drunk before I even got off the bus at the hotel.

Ahh to be 17 again, and so deficient of fuccks I almost needed an IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

It seems knacker drinking ( as we called it) was definitely a thing with us posters of a certain vintage, lol. The railway tracks, the fields and a place called The Knock, up above the train station in Waterford were popular haunts. I was a messy 14yr old!

In the kitchen counting down the hours till bedtime, the 7yr old decided to wake for the chats and snuggles before 5.30 this morn.... Zzzzzzzzzz....

Lol , same here , no issues getting served at all !
    Stag was fine , Satzenbrau tasted mouldy I always thought , Ritz was posh Stag :D
    What's the one that's popular now that is very similar to Ritz ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Is it West Coast Cooler? Does anyone remember this? :)

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Is it West Coast Cooler? Does anyone remember this? :)

Never tasted that Rubberlegs !

Don't think it's WCC , think it's a pear flavoured cider ?
    Then again , I could be imagining it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Babycham!

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Babycham!

What was it 'The Champagne Perry'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement