Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby red card - inconsistent moderation.

Options
  • 03-02-2019 11:39am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Got a red card in rugby, and in fairness I did call a certain journalist an ahole.

I said a yellow would've been more than fair and they could snip the comment. I Was told a zero tolerance approach during six nations, but as far as I can see it's selective zero tolerance. Certain posters are getting warnings for similar rule breaking.

I'm not disputing that I should've been more civil, I'm disputing the unevenness of the moderation and if they're going to say zero tolerance, they either stand by it or don't. Warning would've sufficed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Have you attempted to discuss this with the mod, and if so, what was their response?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I did, and they said zero tolerance policy, I then waited pointed out that they had merely warned another posted for personal abuse aimed at another poster, abuse which was also reported by other posters so imo was more serious.

They havn't replied, but given it's Sunday morning they probably have better things to do.

However, my point is more that there are warnings and infractions being given out inconsistently for the same breaking of the rules. So it's not a zero tolerance policy if that's the case. Warnings would suffice in 90% of the ones they are infracting for.

I’ll ask a CMod to take a look. Please post your PM conversation with the mod here, or have it ready to share with the CMod.

Dear Weepsie,

You have been infracted for personal abuse.

This site is for civil discussion and so we don't allow discussion to descend into name calling and petty abuse.

Please see the Boards.ie FAQ for more details.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

connemara man

Alright. He's racist and xenophobic though and that equals arsehole so o completely disagree but it is what is. Far worse has been said throughout the day without warning too.

A warning would've sufficed too imo. Plenty others get yellows at the most for worse.

Very heavy handed and unbalanced moderation shown.

Theres a zero tolerance policy in place for the six nations.

Personal abuse, can snowball and become a tirade and as such all posters going harder on the personal abuse will get treated sternly

Weepsie wrote:
    Okay thanks.

Im seeing the zero tolerance policy is a bit selective then as there is plenty worse throughout the day that's been let fly.

I'll keep it in mind anyway going forward

Weepsie wrote:
    You gave a warning to another poster for personal abuse directed at a poster.

That's normally more worthy of a red

So where is this zero tolerance policy.

I would like mine downgrsded to a warning and the others too, as it's not evenhanded moderation

italics are also mine.

<snip>

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Weepsie

I've just snipped a sentence in your last post

Please do not use any information you get from the mods forum to support your appeal. Such information is not available to "regular" posters when appealing

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hi Weepsie,

I can have a look at this. Is that the full PM conversation you have posted above?

Beasty wrote: »
    Weepsie

I've just snipped a sentence in your last post

Please do not use any information you get from the mods forum to support your appeal. Such information is not available to "regular" posters when appealing

Thanks

Fair enough, but I don't have to into the mods forums to see that. I can see on the posts who has been yellow carded and red carded as I'm scrolling through. I can see one poster has personally abused 2 different posters in the space of an hour and received 2 yellow cards. I didn't have to go into the mod forum to see that.

That's a shortcoming of the site that I can see that when I'm on the public side, and it adds even greater weight to my annoyance. 2 warnings in an hour to the same person and no infraction. 1 post, no warning, infraction.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hi Weepsie,

I can have a look at this. Is that the full PM conversation you have posted above?

It is, other than the quoting of the original post in the infraction.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I had a look at the post in question and the thread and while it's clearly against the charter I think a red card was harsh so I am willing to suggest reducing it to a yellow.

Would that be agreeable?

That's fine with me, and accept I shouldn't have posted in such a way, but thought it was not worthy of the red.

• Advertisement

Thanks both for working to address this.

Marking as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement