Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer week Croatia (Dubrovnik, Split or Zadar?)

Options
  • 03-02-2019 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

Last year myself & 2 housemates went to Alicante, really enjoyed cheap flights & accommodation, beach and cost of eating but it was a bit quiet.

We were eyeing up Ibiza, until we saw the price. Croatia has been suggested to us. :D

Has anyone been to the Ryanair destinations (Dubrovnik, Split or Zadar) and how did you get on? I'm hesitant to move outside these places due to language barrier and time ( I've a mate from Rijeka, supposed to be lovely, but it looks miles away). :o

We'd be looking for a week in the summer (cheap time) for a bit of sun, beach and nights out. I really don't know anything at all about the place so any help would be appreciated!! :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Benny Biscotti

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Last year myself & 2 housemates went to Alicante, really enjoyed cheap flights & accommodation, beach and cost of eating but it was a bit quiet.

We were eyeing up Ibiza, until we saw the price. Croatia has been suggested to us. :D

Has anyone been to the Ryanair destinations (Dubrovnik, Split or Zadar) and how did you get on? I'm hesitant to move outside these places due to language barrier and time ( I've a mate from Rijeka, supposed to be lovely, but it looks miles away). :o

We'd be looking for a week in the summer (cheap time) for a bit of sun, beach and nights out. I really don't know anything at all about the place so any help would be appreciated!! :cool:

Spent 2 weeks in Dubrovnik alone and never got bored. Lots of good day trips to the islands. But it's hard to find a sandy beach there. Lots of gravel pebble beaches. Im not a beach person though so it didn't bother me.

But it's not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

FionnK86 wrote: »

there is no real language barrier here, 90% speak english quite well especially on the coast. either of three will be fine for a lads holiday travel out to some of the islands(there is over 2,000) etc lots to do, also should check out croatian airlines, who i know are def doing flights to zagreb from dublin airport from may for 220 euro return. Im guessing they also fly to pula/zadar/dub/split, pula is also closest to rijeka, its a hour and a half drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,549 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I've been to Ibiza a few times in my younger days and it is even better than what people tell you about it. Lovely place, and great craic. Expensive but worth it all. Beaches are lovely there too, especially the hidden ones off the beaten track.

Went to Zadar a couple years ago. It's a lovely old town. Beach is not so nice, they are all pebble beaches. Food and drink is cheap, but to be honest I didn't notice much of a nightlife there but stand to be corrected. I didn't go there for the nightlife, and thus didn't see much.

Zrce beach is near Zadar (about an hour away) and that is meant to be more of an Ibiza-type place to go to that side of Croatia.

Advertisement