Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don’t like new job

Options
  • 03-02-2019 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I recently moved jobs a few months ago- it was a major decision for me as I genuinely like my old job, company and team. However I’d been there 7 years and i was managing a very small team with limited opportunities to progress. I know that I was very well thought of by my boss, management, colleagues and clients. I suppose I felt stuck in a rut there.
    I had been looking about and was approached by a recruitment agent- opportunity sounded fantastic and there is a fair rise in salary and company has a lot more money etc.
    But three months in I’m not feeling it and truth be told I don’t like my new colleagues nearly all of which are far more experienced and older than me. It’s a home based technical manager role with travel. I also have to go to the uk often which I hate.
    I suppose I’m just looking for some advice here. Obviously, I don’t want to quit as I need the money! I wish I could go back to my old job but that’s not an option as a former colleague has slotted into my role which I’d pretty much created and molded over the years.

Advertisement