Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Pencil Tip Replacement

Options
  • 03-02-2019 1:07pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Guys,

Anyone know where to pick up these as I’ve just dropped mine and really need a replacement for work tomorrow.

Apple are quoting Wednesday delivery plus I have to buy 4 and then pay €7 postage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The pencil comes with a spare, its possibly still in the box from when you purchased it?

CompuB are the only B&M that I know who sell them if you have one nearby. I think they are only sold in a pack of 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Any luck here kceire?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I had asked in CompuB back in December but they didn’t stock replacement kits. Ended up buying from Amazon because, as you note, it worked out cheaper for postage compared to Apple. Ended up getting massively delayed in the Xmas post madness.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Davy wrote: »
    The pencil comes with a spare, its possibly still in the box from when you purchased it?

CompuB are the only B&M that I know who sell them if you have one nearby. I think they are only sold in a pack of 4.

Ill check the box, its the AP2, but I certainly didn’t notice a spare in there.
    Bummer1234 wrote: »
    Any luck here kceire?

Ended up buying from apple. Ordered Sunday and delivered Wednesday. €31 total for 4 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kceire wrote: »
    Ill check the box, its the AP2, but I certainly didn’t notice a spare in there.

Didn't realise it was the Pencil2, not sure if it includes the spare.
    You definitely get a spare with the original.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    Didn't realise it was the Pencil2, not sure if it includes the spare.
    You definitely get a spare with the original.

Cheap feckers.
    Deffo no spare in the box.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The new model uses the same tips as the first model. Apple being Apple no longer include a spare tip with the new model, but they increased the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

you dont get spares with the newer version,
    Thinking of buying one myself so just wondering did it break easily or get lost ?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    you dont get spares with the newer version,
    Thinking of buying one myself so just wondering did it break easily or get lost ?

I use it to draw house surveys on site and take notes and I’ve dropped it a couple of times ok.

But this once, it dropped tip first and it kind dented in the top so that it was flat. It still worked but I had to write straight down if you get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

oh god i better get extra's then thanks :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement