Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin edge 500 screen

Options
  • 03-02-2019 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Hi al,

Dropped my edge 500 earlier and screen is now kaput. Anyone know where to get a replacement screen. Nothing on eBay.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

This finished eBay listing says the part number is WD-G1216Z FPC1. Searching for that brings up a $50 screen on AliExpress, but delivery will take 20-35 days.

Failing that, you could look for a broken/second hand one with a working screen.

Maybe open up the unit to confirm if that's the correct part number. Here's a teardown if you need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

This finished eBay listing says the part number is WD-G1216Z FPC1. Searching for that brings up a $50 screen on AliExpress, but delivery will take 20-35 days.

Failing that, you could look for a broken/second hand one with a working screen.

Maybe open up the unit to confirm if that's the correct part number. Here's a teardown if you need it.

Cheers
    When I was searching Ali express, I was just getting 2 for $100+ when searched “Garmin edge 500 screen replacement”.

Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Will have an Edge 800 coming up for sale soon. PWO.
    Not the bluetooth version though if its any use to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

I sent my Edge 520 back to Garmin when I did the same. Got a good as new unit shipped back to me for about 90 Euro. Well worth the money.

I sent my Edge 520 back to Garmin when I did the same. Got a good as new unit shipped back to me for about 90 Euro. Well worth the money.

Sounds good but bought it second hand from seller on boards and dont have receipts or paperwork. Think i bought it for 100 a number of years ago. Came with cadence sensor.

• Advertisement

koutoubia wrote: »
    Will have an Edge 800 coming up for sale soon. PWO.
    Not the bluetooth version though if its any use to you!

When have you got in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Picked up a 1030 two weeks back so just wanna make sure I am happy with that...so probably by the end of the week all going well.
    Have full European maps loaded as well!

Advertisement