Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need info on old places in Mohill and surrounding area.

Options
  • 03-02-2019 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone,
    I am researching my family history, and I want to find out more about a few spots in or near Mohill that would've had a connection with my relatives. Please let me know if these spots ring any bells and if you could tell me a bit of history/stories about them:
    •Clarashinnagh House/Foxboard House, located in the townland of Clarashinnagh.
    •Brady's Pub, located on Main Street now Spirit Bar, originally owned by Kevin and Philomena Brady.
    •Hibernian House, owned by Patrick Reynolds and Teresa Noonan c.1916
    •Reynolds Drapery Shop, owned by Dolly and Maggie Reynolds in Mohill. Daughters of the aforementioned Patrick and Teresa Reynolds.

Also, I know it ain't near Mohill but since its still in Leitrim, would anyone know of an antique business near Glencar waterfall owned by father and son under the name of Fenn. I hope these type of posts are allowed here, and please tell me if you have any info on these places or if you know of Brady's or Reynolds in Mohill.
    Thanks in advance,
    sligostandard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

My father remembers Brady's pub & Reynolds drapery shop, would Hibernian house be where the old Bank of Ireland was?

Have an older neighbour here who'd know more about them if you'd like me to ask him on your behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sligostandard

Would you please? I would like to know about Brady's Pub and Reynolds Drapery Shop. I'd also like to know what happened to Dolly and Maggie. Could you ask would he know of any relatives of them still around Mohill? As for Hibernian House, it could very well be but then again I couldn't be 100% sure about it. Thank you very much!

My father remembers Brady's pub & Reynolds drapery shop, would Hibernian house be where the old Bank of Ireland was?

Have an older neighbour here who'd know more about them if you'd like me to ask him on your behalf.

Only realising I forgot to quote just there, maybe you didn't recieve a notificatuin.
    Thanks in advance

Aaaah i'm so sorry. it totally slipped my mind! I'll ask him next time, he calls. Promise!

Aaaah i'm so sorry. it totally slipped my mind! I'll ask him next time, he calls. Promise!

Sorry about that, I genuinely didn't think you saw it so sorry if I came off as pushy. I would really appreciate that because I can't seem to come up with anything.
    Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement

Sorry about that, I genuinely didn't think you saw it so sorry if I came off as pushy. I would really appreciate that because I can't seem to come up with anything.
    Thanks in advance!

I got talking to him this morning when he called in for tea. He knew of the three places in Mohill & remembered Dolly & Maggie Reynolds & the Brady family but not any stories of them. He says he was too busy to be gallivanting in town those times!
    Apologies I couldn't be of more help :(

I got talking to him this morning when he called in for tea. He knew of the three places in Mohill & remembered Dolly & Maggie Reynolds & the Brady family but not any stories of them. He says he was too busy to be gallivanting in town those times!
    Apologies I couldn't be of more help :(
    Thank you so much for your help anyway, I'm just happy to know that people around the area still remember them! If its possible, could you ask him next time you are talking to him if he knows what happened to them or if they have descendants around the area, or in general still?

Thank you so much for your help anyway, I'm just happy to know that people around the area still remember them! If its possible, could you ask him next time you are talking to him if he knows what happened to them or if they have descendants around the area, or in general still?

Sure thing! He was by again today so maybe Sunday if he comes again :)

Advertisement