Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need info on a place in Castletown-Conyers

• 03-02-2019 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi everyone,
    Firstly I hope these type of posts are ok here. While researching my roots lately I found that my great grandmother and great-great-grandparents were from Ballyguile Castle in Castletown-Conyers. Does anyone have any info on Ballyguile Castle? Is it of any significance, and is there any images of it and most importantly where is it located?
    The only mention I found of a castle in the area was in a historical OS map of Ballyguilenataggle (I'm supposing that it and Ballyguile are the same place) at 52°26'38.5"N 8°47'39.9"W
    Ballyguile Castle was owned by James Sheehy Noonan and I know that his daughter Nora Noonan lived there once. This was around 1900. Please tell me if you know about Ballyguile Castle or Noonan's from the area.
    Thanks in advance,
    sligostandard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hymerman123

Hi RE: Ballyguile Castle

just saw your post from a few years back

im Edmond Noonan , my father was Tom Noonan from Ballyguile (castle)

if you want to email me tomorrow lm @

enoonan26@yahoo.com

its a small world 😀

talk soon

ed

Advertisement