Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

us company looking to set up irish office

Options
  • 03-02-2019 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys

I have a small us based company and im looking to set up an irish office to hire staff here, whats the best way to do this? Do i have to incorporate as a company here in order to hire?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

BridgeM wrote: »
    Hi guys

I have a small us based company and im looking to set up an irish office to hire staff here, whats the best way to do this? Do i have to incorporate as a company here in order to hire?

Best to set up a company, a branch of the us company would also be subject to US taxes.

Company in Ireland only subject to Irish taxes, assuming it's resident and fully managed here in the state.

Hiring can be done by both individuals or a company, however take note of above.

Offices other than an agents offices are required, and depending on the sector, vat registration Revenue will ask to see details, and they are becoming strict in allowing Vat registration here.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,654 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Hi guys

Yes. You must be registered with the companies office in order to hire.

The IDA is specifically set up to encourage businesses to invest and operate in Ireland.

https://www.idaireland.com/

They have a lot of information which is worth reading and if you are interested in pursuing, I suggest you make contact with them. They might put you in contact with a regional office in the US to talk through requirements and options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DubCount

Hi guys

Best to set up a company if you are going to be hiring people, trading or entering into leases etc.. As others have mentioned, IDA Ireland would be a good source of information and help. You will need to register for taxes etc. and arrange for some accountancy, tax and compliance services. Do your US accounts have a branch in Ireland - if so, they could help. PM me if you want an offline discussion.

Advertisement