Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with appointment setting

Options
  • 03-02-2019 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello
    I have a sme engineering company in the west and we have recently started exporting to Europe- finding it a change to get in front of.good prospects to discuss our solutions
    Anyone ever use an appointment setting service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

Hey OP,

How are you looking to set appointments at the moment?

Are you using cold outreach or hoping to generate leads via your website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Galwayeng wrote: »
    Hello
    I have a sme engineering company in the west and we have recently started exporting to Europe- finding it a change to get in front of.good prospects to discuss our solutions
    Anyone ever use an appointment setting service?

Yes, it was tried some years ago by a company (services sector) I was involved with and the sales team found it absolutely useless and a huge time-waster. The most common complaint was that the prospects were not there when the salesperson arrived; next most frequent was that the prospect was not interested and someone had agreed to the appointment just to get rid of the caller. I’ve no doubt that the two were linked.

I wonder if you have been in contact with Enterprise Ireland? ‘Europe’ is a big place and as a new exporter IMO at first you should concentrate not just on one country but on one region in that country. Develop from there. Doing the groundwork yourself not only gets you potential customers, but also gains you valuable insight into that foreign market. Credit terms also differ market to market – Italy is very different to Germany, etc. You also should qualify your leads with a credit report before a visit – no point in flying to Paris or Berlin to meet with a prospect whose only reason for meeting you is that he cannot get credit from his usual suppliers!

Advertisement