Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Kitchen Rules AU S10

Options
  • 03-02-2019 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Season 10 of one of my favourite reality TV shows started last Monday. Good season so far, no change to the usual formula.

There are two born again Christian brothers who are absolute GOBSHITES. No social skills and no filter. There is NO WAY that they are are legit contestants. I think they are actors, or they are plants by the producers - either way, they no chance of winning (unless they have some sort of redemption arc in their script). :)

Seems to be a bit of a backlash against them online too.

Anyone watching?

(Australia only for now, usually over here in September).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

How are you watching Mr E? One of my fave shows too. Delighted it's back!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Yep love it! Was thinking the same thing about the 2 brothers. The younger one just agrees with his brother- no opinion himself

Wish they would all eat and comment before Pete and Manu do- they all just copy what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

crustybla wrote: »
    How are you watching Mr E? One of my fave shows too. Delighted it's back!

Ah I think you can guess the answer to that one. :)
    I see Episode 1 is on youtube if you want a taster.

Can I also say that 1h20m is too long? I think they were about an hour last year and that was a much better length.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

:DI sure can, where there's a will...

Yeah an hour is enough. Looking forward to getting stuck into the characters. It'll be hard to beat the Jordanians and the Russians from last year, they were some craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

1 hour 20 minute episodes? Is that just for an opening episode? Or will all episodes be that long? That's absurd if so. Australian reality TV while great at times can be drawn out far too much.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    1 hour 20 minute episodes? Is that just for an opening episode? Or will all episodes be that long? That's absurd if so. Australian reality TV while great at times can be drawn out far too much.

All been that so far. Seems to go on forever!

Just finished the 4th one. 1h 25m.

For a show that's going to be on until early May, it's definitely a commitment! :)

And those two boys are definitely being fed lines off camera. I'm almost looking for an earpiece at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Havent seen any of it yet so will probably wait till it comes to Living or some other Sky channel later in the year. 1hr25 mins is quite the lengh especially as the entire show can stretch to 60 odd episodes. Please someone say Colin Fastnitch is in this series? Always enjoyed his growling and witty one liners.

I assume he'll turn up after the instant restaurant rounds. :)

He's not the growler he once was either... he's quite likable now!

Peruvian girls did well.
    Those two kids are still dickheads.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Peruvian girls did well.
    Those two kids are still dickheads.

Scoring fairly though!

That's true (which adds weight to my theory that they are being coached/fed lines by the producers behind the scenes). Sometimes they are normal and even likable.

Rough one tonight. Bit of a disaster for that team. Looking forward to tomorrow (and REALLY looking forward to Sunday!) :)

The promo for Sunday looks amazing. I think I'll be watching through my fingers. :pac:

Well that was painful as I thought it would be. :)

I still think Josh and Austin are plants though. They were never meant to make it past the first round.

Yep me too. How on earth they would attempt to cook for 16 on a 1970's style cooker!
    See Colin is back though :)

These episodes are just too long.

I enjoyed it though (despite the result).

The new group seem like a good bunch.
    Looking forward to seeing "meh" girl Bianca crash and burn. :)

Yikes. That team are going to go far. What a feel good episode. :)

Karolina is great fun and Milly is lovely. Such different personalities. Chalk and cheese....

You wonder how much of what is said at the table and the 'personalities' is actually real
    Always wonder why they plate 20 plates or thereabouts when there are only 16 at the table- could clearly count 20 lamb shank dishes

I haven't watched today yet, but up to yesterday on group 2... a mixed bag but mostly a high standard. Probably better overall than group 1 I think?

Can't believe that trans comment. That was a bit of a shocker. I was watching that whole sequence with my hand over my mouth. :eek:

I haven't watched today yet, but up to yesterday on group 2... a mixed bag but mostly a high standard. Probably better overall than group 1 I think?

Can't believe that trans comment. That was a bit of a shocker. I was watching that whole sequence with my hand over my mouth. :eek:

I know - she was mortified. Both of them were. I think she was just relaxed and it came out without thinking!

• Advertisement

Well you gotta love a bit of Colin :)

I'm a couple behind (I need to watch group 2 face-off tonight) but Karolina and Milly were the sh*tshow that everyone expected.

Oil and water. :D

I'm a couple behind (I need to watch group 2 face-off tonight) but Karolina and Milly were the sh*tshow that everyone expected.

Oil and water. :D

Caught up yet??

Yeah - haven't watched yesterday's though. :)
    (Looking forward to it - looks like the two boys get a roasting)

I'm not surprised about who went home (in the cook off or the first proper elimination).

I got up to date with this today. The open houses are good fun.
    Really weird seeing oddly placed tables for two in the bedroom though. :)

The promos for upcoming episodes are starting to grate a bit.
    They edit them to make the next episode look great, but they end up being a let-down and nowhere near as interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hi is series 10 on Sky?

It usually starts on Living in September or October....

Please tell me you are up to date folks :) :0

Two behind. Haven't started the Super Dinner Parties yet.

Loved the drama with Piper last week... :)

• Advertisement

Two behind. Haven't started the Super Dinner Parties yet.

Loved the drama with Piper last week... :)

Only getting started!!!!!

Advertisement