Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Edimax wi-fi extender causes eir tv connection to fail

• 03-02-2019 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have connected an Edimax wi fi extender to my eir broadband router via an Ethernet connection. Everything works fine until the tv set top box switches itself off overnight (it cannot be configured to remain on at all times). When I attempt to switch it on the following evening it will not work (I get the message that says the set-top box must be connected to the router for which it is configured). It will only work when I disconnect the Edimax wi-fi extender and reset the set-top box. Then I can reconnect the wi-fi extender and all will be fine until the next day. Doing this routine every day is not sustainable. Can you help?

Edit: I have two Desktop PCs attached to the router also via Ethernet. These continue to have a broadband connection which works perfectly even when the TV will not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

StackSix wrote: »
    I have connected an Edimax wi fi extender to my eir broadband router via an Ethernet connection. Everything works fine until the tv set top box switches itself off overnight (it cannot be configured to remain on at all times). When I attempt to switch it on the following evening it will not work (I get the message that says the set-top box must be connected to the router for which it is configured). It will only work when I disconnect the Edimax wi-fi extender and reset the set-top box. Then I can reconnect the wi-fi extender and all will be fine until the next day. Doing this routine every day is not sustainable. Can you help?

Edit: I have two Desktop PCs attached to the router also via Ethernet. These continue to have a broadband connection which works perfectly even when the TV will not.
    Hi StackSix

Unfortunately we don't deal with technical issues via Social Media channels.  You can however call the following number (1890 260 260) to speak to the technical department directly or click here to chat to one of our online tech advisors.

Many thanks
    ~Linzi

Advertisement