Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

er Mountain Bike (Deore 1x10) 2019 Vitus Sentier Mountain Bike (Deore 1x10) 2019

• 03-02-2019 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    Looking for advice about if the Bike is any good and what would be an alternative choice.
    Budget is €1,000 and buying through BTW. Sorry, I can not put in the url but here most of the address. thanks for any advice

chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/vitus-sentier-mountain-bike-deore-1x10-2019/rp-prod173163

Details
    Frame: Brand New 6061-T6 Alloy construction with longer, slacker and lower build and modern geometry
    Brakes: Shimano MT-400 disc brakes, 180/160 rotors
    Drivetrain: Shimano Deore 1x10
    Shifter: Shimano Deore M6000
    Forks: 140mm RockShox Recon RL fork
    Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore M6000
    Cassette: Shimano HG-500 10-Spd, 11-42T
    Chainset: Suntour Zeron 170mm 32T
    Chain: KMC X10 EPT
    Rims: WTB ST i29
    Front Hub: KT 32H, 110x15mm "Boost"
    Rear Hub: KT 32H, 148x12mm "Boost"
    Tyres: Maxxis Minion DHF, 3C Maxx Terra 27.5x2.6”
    Saddle: Nukeproof Neutron
    Seatpost: Vitus
    Stem: Vitus 45mm
    Bars: Nukeproof Neutron 31.8mm, 25mm rise
    Headset: FSA
    Top Cap: Vitus
    Tubeless Ready: Yes, with tubeless rim tape fitted and valves included

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭maddness

Looks great for the price but I’d try a few local bike shops and see what they have first. It’s just easier to deal if you have any issues with the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

I bought the 2017 model second hand last year. Previous owner upgraded it to 1x10. Cant fault it really, I only started mountain biking regularly a few months ago when I bought it and find it capable for whatever I do. Mine has a 120mm fork and it does the business no problem round ballyhoura. Online reviews are very positive for them. As mentioned above get into the bike shops and see what the have to offer. At least you get to look at the bike in person before pulling the trigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Great bike but if you could, I'd recommend going for the slightly more expensive Sentier VR with a much better drivetrain. SLX drivetrains are fantastic.

Advertisement