Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone recommendations

Options
  • 03-02-2019 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a 2 month old Huawei P20 lite. Great phone with great display, sound and camera. The only drawback, and its a huge one for me, is that I've never had a phone as delicate as this one before. Fell out of my pocket while I was kneeling and smashed the screen. Go a new screen, and fell of the arm of the chair onto a magazine rack and smashed the back of it. I've had enough. I'm looking for recommendations for a new one. It must have
    A. good/great camera
    B. Good sound
    C. Relative decent amount of RAM
    D. SIM FREE
    E. Fairly robust

Preferably 4G

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Not being funny, but would you consider getting a protective cover/case?

Is the phone still usable and working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Davy wrote: »
    Not being funny, but would you consider getting a protective cover/case?

Is the phone still usable and working?
    Phone still working, but I don't like the cases. I find them clumsy and because I'm a tradesman, I need to be able to answer one handed. Never had a problem with any other phone I had Re fragility.

Meant to say, I've 150 to 200 to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

dok_golf wrote: »
    Phone still working, but I don't like the cases. I find them clumsy and because I'm a tradesman, I need to be able to answer one handed. Never had a problem with any other phone I had Re fragility.

An otterbox back and a screen protector and you can still use it with one hand.

The back casing looks interesting. The screen protector ( have one on now since getting the screen replaced ) makes the screen lose its sensitivity I find . Thanks you for the suggestion. the otterbox one looks very appealing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 ObserverOFlife

Anyone with the Otto Reno Z mobile? Was recommended to me but never heard of them.
    I've found out that they're part of the company that own Oneplus.
    Would appreciate any info

• Registered Users Posts: 16,122 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A Samsung. They are good relatively tough phones. Well made and put together too.
    However OP if you want something tougher how about a Catapiller phone? They do touchscreen phones too as well as candy style button phones. I had one for a while. Only for water got in where the charge cable would plug in because the protective rubber there broke I would probably still have it working.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

AMKC wrote: »
    A Samsung. They are good relatively tough phones. Well made and put together too.
    However OP if you want something tougher how about a Catapiller phone? They do touchscreen phones too as well as candy style button phones. I had one for a while. Only for water got in where the charge cable would plug in because the protective rubber there broke I would probably still have it working.
    I'm sure the OP has made their choice in the nearly 19 months since asking for advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Briga

Does anyone know whether Apple 7 is more preferable to Apple SE re battery life, general use, sound etc.
    Which is more recommendable?

Advertisement