Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

optogirl wrote: »
    That would be me! Have emailed everyone & they are grudgingly considering a 3 month extension. In a global pandemic.

Hopefully in-person viewings will be possible again in March although it's hard to day, maybe they won't allow it until after Easter which is cutting it very tight. What you could insist on is a minimum of a three month extension from when in-person viewings are allowed again.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

If I wanna buy a new build, in what order do I do it?

Do I apply for HTB even though I have not 100% found a property and have that sitting there and then apply for Rebuilding Ireland mortgage?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

clio_16v wrote: »
    If I wanna buy a new build, in what order do I do it?

Do I apply for HTB even though I have not 100% found a property and have that sitting there and then apply for Rebuilding Ireland mortgage?

You can apply for H2B at any stage. If You are ready for applying to RI do so now. When You get approved and find Your home you will have your H2B approval and then You will let revenue know the details but You can still apply now and have it approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭noler123

Lauren52 wrote: »
    You can apply for H2B at any stage. If You are ready for applying to RI do so now. When You get approved and find Your home you will have your H2B approval and then You will let revenue know the details but You can still apply now and have it approved.

Hi Lauren,

Do you know if you can apply, assume your going to get whatever it is you've paid in tax over the past 4 years, and use this towards your deposit? We almost have the deposit saved but if we could assume that then we could apply now instead of waiting another couple of months. I applied for the HTB around 3 weeks ago but still no word :(

noler123 wrote: »
    Hi Lauren,

Do you know if you can apply, assume your going to get whatever it is you've paid in tax over the past 4 years, and use this towards your deposit? We almost have the deposit saved but if we could assume that then we could apply now instead of waiting another couple of months. I applied for the HTB around 3 weeks ago but still no word :(

That's because there is a huge back log because so many people have applied this year and they are swamped with applicants. Yes you get the amount of tax over the last 4 years.

We applied this year and got approved but only because we were signing contracts so when I submitted this proof they made it a priority, so now we can upload contracts and our builder can claim the amount, however you do not have to have a house in mind for approval first. You will be approved soon enough once you dont have an outstanding tax bill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭noler123

That's because there is a huge back log because so many people have applied this year and they are swamped with applicants. Yes you get the amount of tax over the last 4 years.

We applied this year and got approved but only because we were signing contracts so when I submitted this proof they made it a priority, so now we can upload contracts and our builder can claim the amount, however you do not have to have a house in mind for approval first. You will be approved soon enough once you dont have an outstanding tax bill

Yeah i've seen lots of people have the same issue on the Help to buy megathread. That's great anyway. I'll stick in the application so and just tell them i've been approved for whatever our tax was over the four years. I don't see why we wouldn't get approved. We don't have a particular house in mind because we aren't sure how much we'll get from RBI, hoping for the maximum! Thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dino1234

Hey everyone can anyone help me out please. Our forms have came back from the underwriters and we didnt have to send anything else in thank god. Our application is due to go to the credit committee this week so should hear back by the end of the week. Does that mean our application was successful and the credit committee just decide how much we could be approved for or can the credit committee look at our application and reject us?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SCLW89

Dino1234 wrote: »
    Hey everyone can anyone help me out please. Our forms have came back from the underwriters and we didnt have to send anything else in thank god. Our application is due to go to the credit committee this week so should hear back by the end of the week. Does that mean our application was successful and the credit committee just decide how much we could be approved for or can the credit committee look at our application and reject us?

The credit committee can refuse applications.
    We were refused on our initial application by them but in our case they wanted us to clear our loans and we were in a position to do that so just resubmitted statement etc and didnt have to reapply or anything and got approval then.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 estabon

How long do you have to wait before you can sell your house with rbi?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭BaguMka

Guys how long did you (your solicitor) wait for loan pack after you got a loan offer. I got my loan offer a week ago still waiting on loan pack to arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Antho12

BaguMka wrote: »
    Guys how long did you (your solicitor) wait for loan pack after you got a loan offer. I got my loan offer a week ago still waiting on loan pack to arrive

Loan pack is being sent to your solicitor after you find a property and return all the forms not after the approval in principle. My solicitor received mine about 10 days after final approval, with DCC.

Antho12 wrote: »
    Loan pack is being sent to your solicitor after you find a property and return all the forms not after the approval in principle. My solicitor received mine about 10 days after final approval, with DCC.

I got Loan offer after the approval in principle (all forms were sent to KCC). I was told now that my solicitor should get the loan pack. That's why I'm asking how long did u wait between loan offer and loan pack

Loan offer is final approval in my case as per KCC

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paddypie

Hi All,

I just sent in my second application with Meath CC. My first application was successful and I got an extension very easily with them. I just sent in one or two pay slips and a letter from my employer confirming my pay was unaffected by Covid. Overall, I would say Meath CC are excellent to deal with. I was sale agreed on a house but the vendor pulled out unfortunately.

My new application is currently with the underwriters at the Housing agency. Any idea how long the current turn around time with the Housing Agency is?

Thanks.

Dino1234 wrote: »

Hi,
    Do you have any idea how long the housing agency/underwriters took with your application?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

Paddypie wrote: »
    Hi,
    Do you have any idea how long the housing agency/underwriters took with your application?
    Thanks!

As above - does anyone know the general timescale for applications with SDCC?
    I was told 8 weeks, but my application has been in since October and I've heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jenpenjelly

I also have an application in with SDCC, we applied in September. We're in the queue to go to the credit committee but they won't give any information about how many are in the queue ahead of us, just that there is backlog and they don't have any time frame for when we will have an answer. It's very frustrating.

Generally observations (based on info in this thread) about a few different Councils and how they deal with loan applications for this scheme:

SDCC - Very slow and difficult to deal with

Dublin City CC - Good to deal with. Approx 8 week turn around

Fingal CC - Same as Dublin City

Kildare CC - Prob the worst to deal with and painfully slow

Meath CC - Good to deal with, clear instructions when applying. Last year I got approval in less than 5 weeks. Highly recommend. Although, you have to book a date well in advance to hand in your application. So if you are thinking of applying to Meath CC in 3 or 4 months ring them now to book in your application.

Cork CC - Sound likes they are on the ball with quick turnaround times in comparison to other councils.

Please correct me if any of the above is inaccurate. I should say I only have personal experience with Meath CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dino1234

Hi,
    Thanks!

Hi I sent my application in the start of December so was pretty quick thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Generally observations (based on info in this thread) about a few different Councils and how they deal with loan applications for this scheme:

SDCC - Very slow and difficult to deal with

Dublin City CC - Good to deal with. Approx 8 week turn around

Fingal CC - Same as Dublin City

Can confirm based on my experience anyway :)

(SDCC seem to consider their role to be preventing apps getting through)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Seanom90

Worried I'm going to lose the house we're buying, have booking deposit paid contracts are with solicitors but council won't issue loan pack until they've sent someone to view the property which they won't do during restrictions, I've had my own surveyor in to do a report but they won't use this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

A rating system on how helpful/easy to deal with the councils are might be helpful.

Only starting so can't assist much yet but have applied for a few different councils so will let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joffrey

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mbourke91

Does anyone know of you could be declined MPI for being on medication for anxiety or very mild asthma?Thanks :)

Seanom90 wrote: »
    Worried I'm going to lose the house we're buying, have booking deposit paid contracts are with solicitors but council won't issue loan pack until they've sent someone to view the property which they won't do during restrictions, I've had my own surveyor in to do a report but they won't use this

Hi what council are You with ?
    We are with Kildare. They said the same , I just replied to say this was a joke and then they replied to tell us they will issue but they wont allow drawdown till our valuation was finalised on completion. They didnt send anyone out our solicitor told us this would happen closer to drawdown

• Registered Users Posts: 34 nice1guy

Did DCC say how long the loan pack is valid for? I'm awaiting mine but worried probate will take longer than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

nice1guy wrote: »
    Did DCC say how long the loan pack is valid for? I'm awaiting mine but worried probate will take longer than expected.

It's valid for 6 months, but they may unofficially extend it for you if there is a delay with probate. I had a title issue that the Land Registry needed to sort and didn't draw down for 9 months after my loan pack was issued. There was a bit of pressure and stress near the end but they did all they could to make sure it worked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bonelesscalvin

Hey, does anyone know when the next DCC credit meeting is happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seanom90

Hi what council are You with ?
    We are with Kildare. They said the same , I just replied to say this was a joke and then they replied to tell us they will issue but they wont allow drawdown till our valuation was finalised on completion. They didnt send anyone out our solicitor told us this would happen closer to drawdown
    I'm with kilkenny we've done a valuation report and handed it in weeks ago have our own surveyor checking the place too, and the council told me nothing else can be done until their own engineer calls out after lockdown which could be any time if its extended in March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ABCD_1234

Mbourke91 wrote: »
    Does anyone know of you could be declined MPI for being on medication for anxiety or very mild asthma?Thanks :)

I’m over 4 weeks waiting on the MPI crowd to let the CoCo know whether I’m eligible for their scheme or not. Have you gone through the initial questionnaire yet, I’m curious as to how long it usually takes.

Advertisement