Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

What happens once the process is completed, how do you view your mortgage account etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

Hi,

We have completed the forms and have all the details needed but does anyone know if we can drop the application down to Kildare? We live in Dublin but Kildare CC said we can't mail it.

I am just worried about driving it down because of the lockdown.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Jafin

Flashdan wrote: »
    Hi,

We have completed the forms and have all the details needed but does anyone know if we can drop the application down to Kildare? We live in Dublin but Kildare CC said we can't mail it.

Thanks,

Well we're not supposed to go 5km from our home unless it's for an essential reason, so whether or not you want to risk it and risk getting fined is entirely up to yourself. Did you check whether Kildare is even accepting applications by hand? Some CCs may be closed to the public or only open for shorter hours.

Edit: I'm not saying that to try and shame you or anything, just in case it came across that way. Just saying it to make sure you have all the details before you make a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Flashdan

Jafin wrote: »
    Well we're not supposed to go 5km from our home unless it's for an essential reason, so whether or not you want to risk it and risk getting fined is entirely up to yourself. Did you check whether Kildare is even accepting applications by hand? Some CCs may be closed to the public or only open for shorter hours.

Dublin want it by post only. Kildare said I have to drop it down. I don't want to wait till the level 5 ends in May to get the application in and wait 3 months for any sort of reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭williaint

I sent mine by registered post to Kildare and Wicklow CoCo at the end of January and both were accepted.

I was told by Kildare CoCo that even if I do attempt to deliver it in person, I have to drop it in a letterbox at / near the entrance anyway and can't go in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

Flashdan wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks,

Surley this is essential? I cant see it being an issue at all. Where are you going ? "Driving to Kildare CC to drop an application off"

You leave it in the box at the front door.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 MariaJekiou

Hi,

Has anyone applied to the Wexford County Council and how long did you wait to hear back? We've applied 2 weeks ago and was adviced on Tuesday it was going to the underwriter.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seanom90

Stressed out, have AIP sale agreed since early December contracts are to be signed, I can't sign contracts until the loan pack is sent out but the council won't send it until their engineer calls out to inspect the house, which he won't do during restrictions, I've had my own surveyor call but they won't use his report, thinking any day now the seller will pull out and with the money I've already spent that will be the end of my house hunting for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ABCD_1234

Has anyone had their loan offer extended due to the current restrictions, if so, how long did they extent it by? The fact that we’re unable to view properties, limited number or properties available etc. Hopeing it won’t be an issue.

Thank you

ABCD_1234 wrote: »
    Has anyone had their loan offer extended due to the current restrictions, if so, how long did they extent it by? The fact that we’re unable to view properties, limited number or properties available etc. Hopeing it won’t be an issue.

Thank you

Someone a few pages back said they were refused an extension. I have a funny feeling that the councils might have been told no more extensions but they don't want it to be common knowledge. Just my own feeling, no idea if it's true or not. My offer is due to run out next month and honestly they've just skirted around the issue and not really given me a straight answer about an extension and just said that I'm in a good position to reapply since I have most of the work already done from the first application.

It's absolutely ridiculous given the fact that estate agents aren't allowed to do viewings at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭ABCD_1234

Someone a few pages back said they were refused an extension. I have a funny feeling that the councils might have been told no more extensions but they don't want it to be common knowledge. Just my own feeling, no idea if it's true or not. My offer is due to run out next month and honestly they've just skirted around the issue and not really given me a straight answer about an extension and just said that I'm in a good position to reapply since I have most of the work already done from the first application.

It's absolutely ridiculous given the fact that estate agents aren't allowed to do viewings at the moment.

I really hope that’s not the case. It took over 6 months for me to get the approval in the first place, couldn’t deal with again! Hopefully everyone will kick up a fuss and not accept no for an answer.. it’s completely unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Re: extensions.

Aengus Ó Snodaigh's office came back to me yesterday, the gist is that unfortunately it's at the discretion of the individual councils whether to offer extensions.

I can confirm DCC at least is blanket refusing them and telling people to apply from scratch again. I very strongly suggest contacting your council now to enquire.

Seanom90 wrote: »
    Stressed out, have AIP sale agreed since early December contracts are to be signed, I can't sign contracts until the loan pack is sent out but the council won't send it until their engineer calls out to inspect the house, which he won't do during restrictions, I've had my own surveyor call but they won't use his report, thinking any day now the seller will pull out and with the money I've already spent that will be the end of my house hunting for this year.

That sounds deeply frustrating. Have you tried contacting TDs etc to ask what the story is? A long shot but worth trying.

I wonder if the refusal to grant extensions has anything to do with people being on PUP/TWSS. If we have to reapply and our gross income for last year is less because we were on PUP/TWSS then that means they're going to offer us less money, presumably.

Seanom90 wrote: »

Hi We got our loan pack.

We are with KCC , they said at 1st they couldnt approve it till our house had a full valuation (was not complete as house is a new buiild) then they agreed that without we couldnt sign contracts so they eventually agreed on the basis we get another valuation once complete , which obviously was a given. There has been no mention of them sending someone as of yet. Maybe this will come when the house is ready.

For anyone wondering about extensions , We also were told we would get an extension if house was not ready but this is because we have found the house and signed contracts - now I have no idea how long the extension will be for. But I have it in an email that we will get one.

I wonder if the refusal to grant extensions has anything to do with people being on PUP/TWSS. If we have to reapply and our gross income for last year is less because we were on PUP/TWSS then that means they're going to offer us less money, presumably.

I would say this is correct. We got offered less because I was on PUP at the time so possibly. With a bank You get 12mts before for AIP and 6mts for loan offer

Could be.

For the record all of my circumstances are unchanged since applying and I stated so in my enquiries. No difference, no extensions, must submit pretty much exactly the same application again from scratch and wait for months again to get re approved.

Could be.

For the record all of my circumstances are unchanged since applying and I stated so in my enquiries. No difference, no extensions, must submit pretty much exactly the same application again from scratch and wait for months again to get re approved.

You think in your Instance You should only have to send in statements from now and back as far as when you applied. Some joke and waste of time on both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paddypie

Re: extensions.

Aengus Ó Snodaigh's office came back to me yesterday, the gist is that unfortunately it's at the discretion of the individual councils whether to offer extensions.

I can confirm DCC at least is blanket refusing them and telling people to apply from scratch again. I very strongly suggest contacting your council now to enquire.

I'm really sorry to hear that Jill. Like me, I can tell you've been at this a long time. And you've been very informative and helpful on the thread. I'm waiting for a response on my second application at the moment. On a positive note, supply of properties is at its lowest levels in over 15 years (you're not missing much). Sellers are reluctant to sell. There is nothing to buy! If you apply now to DCC, you should , please God, get AIP before the summer. When restrictions start to relax, I'm hopeful supply will increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Finally made permanent in work.

Think im going to apply for this through Fingal, single applicant. ( looks daunting)

Just having a look on daft, doesn’t seem to be a whole lot. Should i wait till construction starts back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

Does anyone know if you can pay more towards the deposit than 10% to lower repayments?

optogirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can pay more towards the deposit than 10% to lower repayments?

Yeah you can.

Paddypie wrote: »
    I'm really sorry to hear that Jill. Like me, I can tell you've been at this a long time. And you've been very informative and helpful on the thread. I'm waiting for a response on my second application at the moment. On a positive note, supply of properties is at its lowest levels in over 15 years (you're not missing much). Sellers are reluctant to sell. There is nothing to buy! If you apply now to DCC, you should , please God, get AIP before the summer. When restrictions start to relax, I'm hopeful supply will increase.

Thank you, that's really good of you. Yeah, maybe it's a blessing in disguise. All I can do is keep plugging away I suppose, sure we'll get there in the end. :)

Dicey, it could be good to start thinking about your application now at least. It's not as daunting as it looks, the main killer is having to wait for the council. I have a guide attached in a post on a previous page that might give you a better idea what's required.

I think you need to be permanent 6 months anyway, IIRC, so it could be a good time to nix any betting accounts you have and establish a good pattern of saving?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Anyone know a rough timeline / wait time for Cork County Council applications?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 estabon

So after applying back in October initially with donegal Co Co we were told today it came back from the underwriters declined because my wife is on the Pup payment and she works in the restaurant business which is badly affected with covid and we had to wait basically until covid is over because that good for nothing government are going to keep restaurants and pubs closed unt the summer. Really disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭optogirl

estabon wrote: »
    So after applying back in October initially with donegal Co Co we were told today it came back from the underwriters declined because my wife is on the Pup payment and she works in the restaurant business which is badly affected with covid and we had to wait basically until covid is over because that good for nothing government are going to keep restaurants and pubs closed unt the summer. Really disappointing.

Sorry to hear this. The market is an absolute mess at the moment & I fear the long term effects of the government not dealing with the housing crisis pre-pandemic will be exacerbated & intensified now. Shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joffrey

Anyone know the timeline for wicklow county council?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Paddypie

clio_16v wrote: »
    Anyone know a rough timeline / wait time for Cork County Council applications?

Based on info in this thread, I'd say you are looking at a 6 week wait approx. I'm open to correction though. I haven't been dealing with Cork Co.Co myself, but they seem to be one if the quicker Councils when it comes to processing applications. Best thing to do would be give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 irishgal23

Hey guys I am wondering if anyone can give me some guidance. I was told I can go ahead and apply the loan without having a house in mind. For anyone who has done this, did you need to put down a solicitor nd valuation access?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭williaint

I applied to Wicklow CoCo at the end of January (2021) and I received AIP today for the full amount as a single applicant...they were extremely quick to be fair! Just a pity there is very little on the market.

Joffrey wrote: »
    Anyone know the timeline for wicklow county council?

Advertisement