Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Is there any catch here at all...if not, why isn’t everyone just going for this and not a mortgage from the bank?

You have to be refused by a bank, and the salary thresholds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Kuna0044 wrote: »
    how long did you wait after signig terms and conditions to get Loan Pack from Law Department?? I'm dealing with Fingal County council ad I was told 2-3 weeks

Is this from signing the letter of offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

GingerLily wrote: »
    You have to be refused by a bank, and the salary thresholds.

Just to add, it doesn’t need to be a refusal, a mortgage approval from a bank or building society that isn’t enough to buy anywhere realistically in Dublin also is a accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kuna0044

Is this from signing the letter of offer?

yes the letter of Final Pproval with T&C to accept

• Registered Users Posts: 30 suemurray

U can use any valuer - used same auctioneer for valuation as I did for purchase - banks wouldn’t allow as conflict but Wicklow co co seemed ok with it

• Advertisement

Took a few weeks - get your solicitor to keep contacting their legal dept

Income thresholds, property price thresholds - can’t have any other lending as massively affects amount u can borrow - even more so than banks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Louisegrace

Just wondering if anybody on here has applied and is self employed (single applicant)? I have applied 6 weeks ago in Fingal and have received a letter about the application being in underwriting but haven't heard anything since

I’m not self employed but have been through the process as a single applicant - I’m a paye worker - my application was handed in last day in March and I got an offer first wkend in may. I work in financial services and self employed underwriting can take longer depending on the complexity of the accounts etc. 8 week plus seems to be norm for this scheme to get a response - best of luck and hope it’s good news for u

I was in same boat - all the timings were so tight I was up the wall’s with worry. Ask your solicitor to put clause in contract subject to mortgage approval - mine did that then full approval came through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rachieqtpie

Colemania wrote: »
    Has anyone applied with Meath Co Co? Been emailing them a bit and seem very nice over email. Also heard that the highest success rate for applications was in Meath so just looking for anyone's experience with them

We dealt with Meath County Council, Joe was our main point of contact. Couldn't recommend them enough, so helpful and kept us in the loop at all stages. We are in our house 2 weeks now and still a bit surreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kuna0044

suemurray wrote: »
    Took a few weeks - get your solicitor to keep contacting their legal dept

Do anyone know what department we should contact to get update about loan pack which is prepared for our solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

We dealt with Meath County Council, Joe was our main point of contact. Couldn't recommend them enough, so helpful and kept us in the loop at all stages. We are in our house 2 weeks now and still a bit surreal!

Fantastic! Congrats! Do you mind if I PM you a few questions about the process with them at some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Colemania wrote: »
    Fantastic! Congrats! Do you mind if I PM you a few questions about the process with them at some stage?

We are dealing with them too, have found them very helpful too. They have all been so nice to deal with but we are self build so slightly different

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Louisegrace

Thanks for your help. Did you receive a letter after underwriting to say that it had gone to the credit committee? Do you know if there is a phone number to call to check on the status?

I literally phoned and emailed the contact person I had on the council almost daily - (person who took my application ) u can’t speak direct to lending agency - you have to contact via your council representatives- as I was under pressure to sign contracts - I kept calling and emailing for updates until I got letter of offer confirmation

• Registered Users Posts: 34 bubbles46

Hi,It has been 9 weeks this week since I posted in my application form to Limerick CoCo..When I rang them last week they said that I'm next to be called to come in to discuss it. My friend applied to Cork CoCo 5 wks ago and got a letter in the post saying she got approved for the loan without needing to go in for 'a discussion'. Could this mean that I'm less likely to be approved or that there is something wrong with my application?Or is Cork just less lenient?

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Hi has anyone applied to Waterford council? How are they to deal with? Also could anyone give me an Idea how long Waterford take to process applications, Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

bubbles46 wrote: »
    Hi,It has been 9 weeks this week since I posted in my application form to Limerick CoCo..When I rang them last week they said that I'm next to be called to come in to discuss it. My friend applied to Cork CoCo 5 wks ago and got a letter in the post saying she got approved for the loan without needing to go in for 'a discussion'. Could this mean that I'm less likely to be approved or that there is something wrong with my application?Or is Cork just less lenient?

Every council is doing it there own way for some reason , So it could mean anything :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 DUB924

Does the letter of offer go to the solicitor after you have sent back form 1 and 2 to the council accepting the loan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ad1234

is our 6 month term of approval from the point the solicitor gets the loan pack or from when we accept the loan offer or from when the loan offer is issued would anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sherif callie

raheny red wrote: »
    We got approved by Dublin Coco :)

Hi do yuou know if dcc will allow you to but outside of the administrative area. I seen some in Lidl and have approval. Tia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Hi do yuou know if dcc will allow you to but outside of the administrative area. I seen some in Lidl and have approval. Tia

None of the councils will allow you to buy outside of their catchment area , so if DCC approve you , you cant buy in Tallaght for instance .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Suzistar

bubbles46 wrote: »

Hiya,
    We submitted ours in April and were called in for a "pre loan interview" with them in June. They just go through your application with you and also have their own county council check list they want to tick. One of the things they look for are P21's - so if you didn't put these in with the application, bring them with you on the day to avoid any further delay. I'd write down any questions you might have and bring them with you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mytom

Hi we are in the last stage , one week before snag list ,
    I got message from our foreman
    " you need organize life cover , direct debit , home insurance and make sure you have the bank evaluation lined up "

what does it mean "bank evaluation lined up" ???

we did valuation in the beginning

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Diggler_83

Do you have to apply to the specific council for the county you are looking to buy in ie. Can you buy in meath if you got approval from Kildare co co. I don't see anything on the rebuilding Ireland loan scheme website that says this.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sammylok1977

Diggler_83 wrote: »
    Do you have to apply to the specific council for the county you are looking to buy in ie. Can you buy in meath if you got approval from Kildare co co. I don't see anything on the rebuilding Ireland loan scheme website that says this.

If your loan in Kildare you are not allowed to buy in Meath. 3 weeks ago I wanted to buy the property in Dublin 24 which belong to south Dublin city but my loan approval is Dublin city Council, so I got rejected. They told me they can't transfer my loan, if I want to buy the house in South Dublin CoCo, I need to reapply. It was so upsetting. I have waisted my money to have the structural and valuation report done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭raheny red

Sorry to hear that but it's mentioned a number of times in the documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sammylok1977

raheny red wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that but it's mentioned a number of times in the documentation.

Didn't realise Dublin have so many coco I didn't write the place where I want to purchase when first time feel in application, coco didn't say anything, so it was big mistake!!

• Advertisement

Are there any properties within your price range in the council region where you applied?
    If you have a specific area in mind ,(In council area you have not applied ) gather all your documentation and get them submitted, you will find it ‘easier’ now you know all the forms and bits and pieces they ask for.
    Best of luck

Advertisement