Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭klub44

Hi All,

Just quick summary of time range took me to complete whole process.
    I'm taking mortgage from Fingal, single person application.

Applied on 23.09
    1st approval on 17.09
    Sale agreed on 25.10
    2nd meeting in Fingal on 28.11
    Final approval on 14.12
    Contract signed on 27.02
    Check received on 3.04
    Keys received 9.04

It was nearly 8 months but thanks god is over.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stekell

Jmk725 wrote: »
    Nope, less than a week.
    I rang them first to see what to do and they told me to post it to them, Monaghan, and they had it back to me within a few days.

cheers

swarmberg wrote: »
    Just go into the revenue office on Cathedral street and they will stamp on the spot.

Perfect I will go with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Pnoone

klub44 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Just quick summary of time range took me to complete whole process.
    I'm taking mortgage from Fingal, single person application.

Applied on 23.09
    1st approval on 17.09
    Sale agreed on 25.10
    2nd meeting in Fingal on 28.11
    Final approval on 14.12
    Contract signed on 27.02
    Check received on 3.04
    Keys received 9.04

It was nearly 8 months but thanks god is over.

Good luck!

Just wondering if the final meeting with fingal was handing over the sale agreed pack. I did this last week and thought I just had to wait for the legal side to be sent to my solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭VW08

Hi,

How long has everyone waited between getting approval and to your solicitor getting the mortgage pack?

Got approved on the 21st March, and had the MPI forms etc sent back within a week. Just looking to set my expectations.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 Quinnciara

VW08 wrote: »
    Hi,

How long has everyone waited between getting approval and to your solicitor getting the mortgage pack?

Got approved on the 21st March, and had the MPI forms etc sent back within a week. Just looking to set my expectations.

Thanks
    Hi, I was waiting 3 week's, it was only after two weeks tho that they told me I needed a family declaration form from the solicitor. I reckon if I had of sent them to begin with it would have been within 2 weeks. Which council are you with ?

Quinnciara wrote: »
    Hi, I was waiting 3 week's, it was only after two weeks tho that they told me I needed a family declaration form from the solicitor. I reckon if I had of sent them to begin with it would have been within 2 weeks. Which council are you with ?

I’m with Cork CoCo. Fingers crossed it won’t be too much longer so. I’m half expecting to have to send more stuff in.

I’m with Cork CoCo. Fingers crossed it won’t be too much longer so. I’m half expecting to have to send more stuff in.

I know they only changed something in the MPI booklet form recently, I had to resign when I was in there for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Hi,

Thanks

It took about 2 months including the month cooling off time on draft documents ..

SNNUS wrote: »
    It took about 2 months including the month cooling off time on draft documents ..

2 months?! Who are you with?

• Advertisement

Don't forget the month cooling off after getting the draft documents so will be at least 4 weeks and was the bones of 2 months for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭klub44

Pnoone wrote: »
    Just wondering if the final meeting with fingal was handing over the sale agreed pack. I did this last week and thought I just had to wait for the legal side to be sent to my solicitor.

3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 GF2013

Milenauno wrote: »
    Hi there, we applied for the home loan with Dublin City Council ( still waiting) and I just found out that the mortgage protection insurance might be a problem. My husband is under medications and he wont be eligible. Now, my question is: do you know if we can proceed with only one borrower eligible or not and what other options we might have. is that possible that we wont be able to proceed with rebuilding Ireland because of that? Thanks!

Contact the council if you are approved. Your husband can agree to a tele interview with the mpi providers and he may still be covered if it’s not a life threatening condition. I did this and they agreed to cover me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ukelele!

Signed my contracts with my solicitor around the 8th March. The council forgot to send one piece of paper in the pack, which i signed and returned to them around 20th March. Was hoping to drawdown tomorrow, and no, not happening. They can't tell me when I can draw down, and the vendor is on the verge of pulling out. I'm actually going to cry. Can anyone tell me if they've drawn down their mortgage this year and how long between contracts being signed and getting the cheque issued?

Ukelele! wrote: »
    Signed my contracts with my solicitor around the 8th March. The council forgot to send one piece of paper in the pack, which i signed and returned to them around 20th March. Was hoping to drawdown tomorrow, and no, not happening. They can't tell me when I can draw down, and the vendor is on the verge of pulling out. I'm actually going to cry. Can anyone tell me if they've drawn down their mortgage this year and how long between contracts being signed and getting the cheque issued?

Oh dear that's so stressful, which council are you with. I signed contracts this day last week vendors signed theirs and my solicitor gave a closing date of 26th of April, I am yet to hear from the council I am with dublin city council

Oh dear that's so stressful, which council are you with. I signed contracts this day last week vendors signed theirs and my solicitor gave a closing date of 26th of April, I am yet to hear from the council I am with dublin city council

I'm with Clare Coco. My contract never specified a closing date, but the council only issue funds twice a month. The 26th April is the next date and they won't even guarantee I'll get that. I've done everything on my side and the vendor has everything done. If the funding isn't there, I'd rather be told straight up than string me and the vendor along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

I'm with Clare Coco. My contract never specified a closing date, but the council only issue funds twice a month. The 26th April is the next date and they won't even guarantee I'll get that. I've done everything on my side and the vendor has everything done. If the funding isn't there, I'd rather be told straight up than string me and the vendor along

What will happen in that case, is there a risk of loosing the deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jmk725

Sorry to hear that.
    I signed all contracts on the 27th March.
    Haven't got anything back from vendor solicitor or council solicitor yet.
    Asked council on Monday if they had received request for funds yet and they had not. Hoping to drawdown soon too.

I got it put in my contract, that if funds aren't available due to what was in the news at the time, i don't lose my deposit. If i pull out for a different reason, then I'd lose the deposit

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Jmk725

I want to say no, I know my solicitor has wrote into the contract that the purchase of the house is dependent on obtaining the funds from the council and that the deposit is refunded if the sale falls through.

• Advertisement

Jmk725 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that.
    I signed all contracts on the 27th March.
    Haven't got anything back from vendor solicitor or council solicitor yet.
    Asked council on Monday if they had received request for funds yet and they had not. Hoping to drawdown soon too.

The request has been put in for the funds, but they can't tell me anything. I wouldn't mind off they told me the 10th of May or something, because then I'd know for sure!

The request has been put in for the funds, but they can't tell me anything. I wouldn't mind off they told me the 10th of May or something, because then I'd know for sure!

If they have requested the funds it should be the next day they issue the funds.

If they have requested the funds it should be the next day they issue the funds.

When you say "they" have requested the funds, who do you mean? I know that the solicitor has requested the funds from the Council's solicitor, but they can only issue funds 2 days a month.

When you say "they" have requested the funds, who do you mean? I know that the solicitor has requested the funds from the Council's solicitor, but they can only issue funds 2 days a month.

Ah ok, the council should advise when they have requested the funds from Dublin..

Ah ok, the council should advise when they have requested the funds from Dublin..

Ah i see, i haven't heard from the council directly. But it's my understanding the Council's solicitor has requested the funds. I've contacted my Coco for an update from them, that might give me some bit of info

Ah i see, i haven't heard from the council directly. But it's my understanding the Council's solicitor has requested the funds. I've contacted my Coco for an update from them, that might give me some bit of info

Should be all good so, I’m fairness Clare coco are upfront on stuff

Slightly worrying that it seems nobody has drawn down since they announced about the funding

Slightly worrying that it seems nobody has drawn down since they announced about the funding

I think i read a few pages back that someone has drawn down the first week of April. But I just can't understand why no one can tell me what's going on

Has anyone applied with Meath CoCo recently? A friend of mine is trying to apply but their saying it suspended? even to just apply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 kellsbells86

We drew down our mortgage and got.our keys on 1st April

Advertisement