Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

Hi, does anyone had a surveyor’s report indicating the essential works to be done and an approximate cost for those works (that is high). This is reflected in valuation that states the actual value of the house that is under 320 and then states the value of the house after works are done that is higher. Could that be a problem for the final approval? Will DCC ask to do the works before?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stekell

Hello, has anyone been told that the work & GP letter are no longer a requirement? We have our final meeting with DCC next week and my GP is away but phoned DCC and was told the work and GP letter are no longer required, can anyone that has recently met with their council, confirm this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Johnny 1988

Hello, yes I was today for final meeting with Fingal CoCo and they didn’t ask for letter from Gp or work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Milenauno

Stekell wrote: »
    Hello, has anyone been told that the work & GP letter are no longer a requirement? We have our final meeting with DCC next week and my GP is away but phoned DCC and was told the work and GP letter are no longer required, can anyone that has recently met with their council, confirm this?

Hi, I had the final meeting with DCC 2 weeks ago and those letters were still required. It must be something new and very recent.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Salanky

At last got a phone call from Louth Coco following the announcement the other day and applications are back open. Heres hoping the rest of the council who stopped will be back up and running too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Johnny 1988

Hi,I will need a home insurance with CoCo on the name? How it’s working it’s something special insurance? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Shamboo1801

Hi,I will need a home insurance with CoCo on the name? How it’s working it’s something special insurance? Thanks

It's just standard home insurance you can purchase from any company. You just need to mention the lending council on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Salanky wrote: »
    At last got a phone call from Louth Coco following the announcement the other day and applications are back open. Heres hoping the rest of the council who stopped will be back up and running too.

What was the announcement? Missed it myself, specific to Louth or ..?

givyjoe wrote: »
    What was the announcement? Missed it myself, specific to Louth or ..?

It was in the irish times a few days back that there is loads of funding being given to the councils but they have to be more careful with it. I only had my name down for Louth so not sure about other councils but probably worth a ring to their housing dept to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Karl12byrne

Hi

Just a quick question in relation to the 12 months savings you need to show for the deposit

I was paying 500 rent for 3 years and a car loan of 360 a month

I have since moved back home and Iv been saving 2000 a month for the past 2 months.

I am going to be gifted 7% of the deposit and I have the 3% saved will the 500 and the 360 for the car loan cover the statments needed for the savings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

Hi,

Has anyone applied lately to Wicklow CC?
    I applied in May at changing of staff, wanted to talk to them about figures but they couldn't give us the time.
    Therefore was processed some time in June.
    Now looking for updates past week or so after finding house and just getting radio silence.
    No approval or idea where we are in the application process.

Applied to DLR CC a month before and they're putting application before credit committee 2-3 weeks time.

Anyone else applied through Wicklow May/June time with same issues? I met a couple who had got letter at least a month ago, and they were a month before us. Difficult to know what's happening when emails and phone calls aren't returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thatgirlthere

kbman wrote: »
    Hi,

Has anyone applied lately to Wicklow CC?
    I applied in May at changing of staff, wanted to talk to them about figures but they couldn't give us the time.
    Therefore was processed some time in June.
    Now looking for updates past week or so after finding house and just getting radio silence.
    No approval or idea where we are in the application process.

Applied to DLR CC a month before and they're putting application before credit committee 2-3 weeks time.

Anyone else applied through Wicklow May/June time with same issues? I met a couple who had got letter at least a month ago, and they were a month before us. Difficult to know what's happening when emails and phone calls aren't returned.

We applied to WWCC at the end of May. The issue is that there is only one staff member dealing with the RBIHL and she also has a number of other jobs that she does apparently. She took 2 weeks holidays in May and is just back from another holiday this week apparently!!! While she is away, no one even looks at the applications. Nothing gets dome with them...

The other staff couldn't even tell us where our application was. This week I got an email from her telling us our application is with the Housing Agency.

If I was you I would ring the housing section, and ask to speak with her directly. It's very frustrating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thatgirlthere

Hi

Just a quick question in relation to the 12 months savings you need to show for the deposit

I was paying 500 rent for 3 years and a car loan of 360 a month

I have since moved back home and Iv been saving 2000 a month for the past 2 months.

I am going to be gifted 7% of the deposit and I have the 3% saved will the 500 and the 360 for the car loan cover the statments needed for the savings

As far as I'm aware a car loan doesn't count. Open to correction on this though...

We applied to WWCC at the end of May. The issue is that there is only one staff member dealing with the RBIHL and she also has a number of other jobs that she does apparently. She took 2 weeks holidays in May and is just back from another holiday this week apparently!!! While she is away, no one even looks at the applications. Nothing gets dome with them...

The other staff couldn't even tell us where our application was. This week I got an email from her telling us our application is with the Housing Agency.

If I was you I would ring the housing section, and ask to speak with her directly. It's very frustrating though.

Thanks for that, that's exactly what i have been doing, 4-5 calls each day and still no luck, the only thing i havent done but considered was going down there, but not sure i'd get any useful information.

I'll keep trying, best of luck with your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scabo33

Has any one been successful getting more than 90% of the Mortgage value? Our house is a new development but its only builders finish and we have asked for additional funds.

scabo33 wrote: »
    Has any one been successful getting more than 90% of the Mortgage value? Our house is a new development but its only builders finish and we have asked for additional funds.

As far as I know its 90% of the purchase price as a maximum even if they approved you for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

scabo33 wrote: »

Is it possible to use the Help to buy in this case. Reduce the money you are paying as part of the deposit and frees that money to be used to finish the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scabo33

scheister wrote: »
    Is it possible to use the Help to buy in this case. Reduce the money you are paying as part of the deposit and frees that money to be used to finish the house.

Thank you. I applied for HTB and it came up I had an issue with tax in 2016 which was false. They have written to my ex employer who won’t reply. I have chased and chased so it’s a dead end sadly. Revenue not budging

• Registered Users Posts: 4 alwx777

Waiting for over a week on getting the draft on the family home declaration from my solicitor to give to DCC. Did anyone else have hassle getting this? From what I understand they just need to email a simple draft version of the doc, solicitor doesn't seem to realize and it's holding up everything (I assume DCC won't send my form 3 and other docs that I gave them on for final approval until they have this?). So close to finally jumping through the last hoop but this one is proving the most difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JessC1987

alwx777 wrote: »
    Waiting for over a week on getting the draft on the family home declaration from my solicitor to give to DCC. Did anyone else have hassle getting this? From what I understand they just need to email a simple draft version of the doc, solicitor doesn't seem to realize and it's holding up everything (I assume DCC won't send my form 3 and other docs that I gave them on for final approval until they have this?). So close to finally jumping through the last hoop but this one is proving the most difficult!

Hi there! You need that to move forward, at least I did with DCC. I applied with my partner and we had our solicitor do up a draft doc and she put us both on the same declaration (her error), we should have had 2 separate ones as we're not married so we had to scramble to get her to do 2 separate ones so just be mindful of that if your applying as a couple. You need to just continue to push your Solicitor to get them done unfortunately, my Solicitor had a soft copy on her computer so all she needed to do was change the names and address details on them so they really shouldn't be that hard for your Solicitor to sort for you. Best of luck with it :)

• Advertisement

JessC1987 wrote: »
    Hi there! You need that to move forward, at least I did with DCC. I applied with my partner and we had our solicitor do up a draft doc and she put us both on the same declaration (her error), we should have had 2 separate ones as we're not married so we had to scramble to get her to do 2 separate ones so just be mindful of that if your applying as a couple. You need to just continue to push your Solicitor to get them done unfortunately, my Solicitor had a soft copy on her computer so all she needed to do was change the names and address details on them so they really shouldn't be that hard for your Solicitor to sort for you. Best of luck with it :)

Thanks Jess, this is helpful!

Thanks, I had been trying several times in am but afternoon/evening time worked best. My application is also with housing agency. 0

Hello all, can anyone have a time frame how long it takes between handing in the final documents and getting the loan pack? We had our final meeting with DCC on Tuesday to hand over our final documents and are wondering how long before we get the loan pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1 teron3

Hello all, can anyone have a time frame how long it takes between handing in the final documents and getting the loan pack? We had our final meeting with DCC on Tuesday to hand over our final documents and are wondering how long before we get the loan pack

It took about two weeks since i submitted all the documents and my solicitor received the loan pack.

teron3 wrote: »
    It took about two weeks since i submitted all the documents and my solicitor received the loan pack.

cheers thanks, hopefully we are looking at the same time frame. It seems the closer you get to the end the longer it takes

Application gone into Louth Coco this morning....now the wait to see if its approved this time round.

Can someone link me to the mortgage protection policy application form from utmost? Please? I could find previously but haven't gad any luck today. I saw it either on this thread or a different rbi thread.

Many thanks

I just found it on page 66 of this thread just took a while, thanks

Anyone applied for new build through this scheme?
    I put deposit down on new build.
    Builders pushing me to sign contracts, but haven't got loan approval yet.
    Just wondering what i'd be looking for instead of surveyors report?
    When I called a surveyor he said you'd be looking at a snagging list, but surely you'd do snagging at the end of the project and not when you've not got anything started yet.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Just a quick question, when you receive the loan pack is there a 3 week period to think over the decision before accepting the loan?

• Advertisement

Hey Stekell, have you heard from them yet? Do you know do they contact you directly?

Advertisement