Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

kbman wrote: »
    I presume you mean 175 sq metres and not 175 square foot.

I see this was asked in Dec 2018 and then same user asked why it was limited:
    Have a search of the thread and you'll find the below conversation and more by brianmax88, i'd maybe contact him by PM if you can't see the answers.

Yes ... square metres. Sorry.

I read the whole thread .... there was no reply. I might PM that user.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Shanvp

Wow, i'm in the same position and was expecting we'd have to request an extension to something like 9 months. Already went sale agreed and haven't got the approval in Wicklow CC. And it's a new build too like yourself

How long did it take to get your approval in Fingal out of curiousity?

We handed in our form on the 10th April and got provisional approval on 14th June. Which is what your estate agent will be putting pressure on you to get. It was majorly stressful but so worth it when you get the call. Just keep e-mailing them for updates on your application.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kbman

Shanvp wrote: »
    We handed in our form on the 10th April and got provisional approval on 14th June. Which is what your estate agent will be putting pressure on you to get. It was majorly stressful but so worth it when you get the call. Just keep e-mailing them for updates on your application.

Thanks for the heads up.
    I understand that, I've been emailing her and phoning and not got any replies.
    I guess that's all we can do. We applied on 9th July after a month of it sitting in the Council. Then probably a week later she sent the reference number to us.
    At the very least it's in 10 weeks processing at this stage.

I'd agree it is very stressful, I'll plod on and email and phone for updates.

Thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ant_87

Hi all! Has anyone recently applied to kildare cc for this? Ours in in nearly a month now we've only received our reference number. The back log seems to be quite big for kildare. But was told on the phone thay they were using approved in principle funds that were not drawn down to work through the backlog while awaiting more funding.

Hopefully once the fresh funding is in it speeds it up

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Davorell

So Meath CC aren't taking any new applications for the Rebuilding Ireland loan either.
    They told me 2 weeks ago that they're working through a backlog and wont take applications until October. I phoned again today and they say now their "thinking" it will be four to six weeks...
    I'm ready to submit application now and cant even get an appointment...
    its a sham of a system and typical of this country!

• Advertisement

Ant_87 wrote: »
    Hi all! Has anyone recently applied to kildare cc for this? Ours in in nearly a month now we've only received our reference number. The back log seems to be quite big for kildare. But was told on the phone thay they were using approved in principle funds that were not drawn down to work through the backlog while awaiting more funding.

Hopefully once the fresh funding is in it speeds it up

It took Wicklow CC a month to process ours, but this was due to a change of staff in May so slightly different story i believe.

I'm hoping it speeds up too :) Best of luck!

It took Wicklow CC a month to process ours, but this was due to a change of staff in May so slightly different story i believe.

I'm hoping it speeds up too :) Best of luck!

Can I ask, did you guys - kbman, Ant_87 or anybody else,
    Did you wait for an appointment, to make the submission or did you just make the submission through post or other means?

Davorell,

We applied to 2 CC's.
    Every CC treats you differently. In DLR CC, they wanted us to make an appointment and were very flexible but they also have a bigger team to support this.

In Wicklow, they said we could make an appointment but it'll be a few weeks before we'll get seen.
    We had a few questions to clear up, but in the end we left the application there without an appointment.
    Application came back to us when she reviewed it by post and I drove down again to deliver it with what I thought was the best way to answer it, my confusion was exactly the figures as to eligible amount.

We didn't trust the post as a method of delivery, we preferred to deliver it into their hands directly.

Davorell,

We applied to 2 CC's.
    Every CC treats you differently. In DLR CC, they wanted us to make an appointment and were very flexible but they also have a bigger team to support this.

In Wicklow, they said we could make an appointment but it'll be a few weeks before we'll get seen.
    We had a few questions to clear up, but in the end we left the application there.
    Application came back to us when she reviewed it by post and I drove down again to deliver it with what I thought was the best way to answer it, my confusion was exactly the figures as to eligible amount.

We didn't trust the post as a method of delivery, we preferred to deliver it into their hands directly.

Thanks for that reply kbman.
    Yeah, i was afraid of just using the post too and it think Meath say an appointment is necessary(think I read this somewhere) it makes sense to save on a lot of unnecessary delay over all the documentation required.

But it also helps to know at least when your process has even started and not to be wasting time waiting for a vague date of when they might be taking applicants again.
    Time is ticking for us as our landord gave us notice and from what i read in earlier posts in this thread, things get very slow around Xmas and newyear for these councils.

On the Meath cc loans Page, they have just slotted in the info that their not taking further appointments.
    slotted right inbetween all the info you need to make the application...

Davorell wrote: »
    Can I ask, did you guys - kbman, Ant_87 or anybody else,
    Did you wait for an appointment, to make the submission or did you just make the submission through post or other means?

We just dropped the application into kcc. Like the others have said. Didn't want a postal delay to add to the delay there already is!

• Advertisement

Davorell wrote: »
    Thanks for that reply kbman.
    Yeah, i was afraid of just using the post too and it think Meath say an appointment is necessary(think I read this somewhere) it makes sense to save on a lot of unnecessary delay over all the documentation required.

But it also helps to know at least when your process has even started and not to be wasting time waiting for a vague date of when they might be taking applicants again.
    Time is ticking for us as our landord gave us notice and from what i read in earlier posts in this thread, things get very slow around Xmas and newyear for these councils.

On the Meath cc loans Page, they have just slotted in the info that their not taking further appointments.
    slotted right inbetween all the info you need to make the application...

We are the same, we received notice also but to make things worse we were told by the council not to apply in feb as we would need to reapply when funding was available,

Turns out that that was false and the applications received are in a cue ordered by date.

Got offered little apologies from them either.

Ant_87 wrote: »
    We are the same, we received notice also but to make things worse we were told by the council not to apply in feb as we would need to reapply when funding was available,

Turns out that that was false and the applications received are in a cue ordered by date.

Got offered little apologies from them either.

Thanks Guys,
    I guess we better just get it dropped in asap. So only 2 weeks wasted..
    its amazing how badly these government backed schemes are implemented in reality from the media blurb they present on TV etc...

Anyone applied to Wicklow recently?
    Looking for updates by email and phone.
    It looks the Loan Officer has changed there recently, as I got a different voice on answering machine this time.

Anyone know what's going on?
    Maybe i'm jumping the gun but I can only presume this will cause additional delays depending on what's happening.

Edit:
    So I found out that they were short staffed and increasing staff there to look after RIHL and other areas. Bigger team to take care of the backlog, was how is was described to me

Anyone applied to Wicklow recently?
    Looking for updates by email and phone.
    It looks the Loan Officer has changed there recently, as I got a different voice on answering machine this time.

Anyone know what's going on?
    Maybe i'm jumping the gun but I can only presume this will cause additional delays depending on what's happening.

Edit:
    So I found out that they were short staffed and increasing staff there to look after RIHL and other areas. Bigger team to take care of the backlog, was how is was described to me

Well that's good news I suppose, hope all CCS do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Matthewmcm

Hi all, I am sure this has been covered but there is so much going on in this.

We have been mortgage approved by fingal cc, have a deposit down on a house and the sale agreed pack is on the way.

Can anyone tell me what is enclosed in the sale agreed pack for fingal so I know what to expect with what type of documents I need?
    Also from the point that we hand the pack into fingal how long are we looking at to getting the keys if all going well?

Thanks,
    Matt.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Whodanoob

Hi I think I found this information on here before but I can't find it now. Can anyone tell me what is the largest % deposit you can put towards a house with this loan? I have it in my head that it is 30% but I'm not sure? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anastasia79

I got the keys of my dream house at the weekend. RIHL is long process, but is worth getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Matthewmcm

Hi all, for those of you who are uncertain about the funding abilities of RIHL please see below quoted letter I received from the Department of Housing threw my Local TD.

Letter dated: 19th September 2019.

“When the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan (RIHL) scheme was initially being developed, it was estimated that the drawdown of loans would be approximately 200 million over three years. However, the RIHL proved to be more successful than initially anticipated. Officials in this Department began engaging with the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform in October 2018 when higher lending and drawdown volumes were beginning to materialise.

The Minister then informed the Dáil on 29 January 2019 of the scheme's success and of the need for additional funding and indicated that his Department was in discussions with the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform and the Department of Finance with regard to the allocation for 2019.

Following positive engagement with the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, the Department received correspondence in July conveying sanction to increase the funding for the scheme by €363 million for the remainder of 2019, bringing the total scheme funding to €563 million.

The Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government wrote to all 31 local authorities on 15 August 2019, advising of their revised allocations for the RIHL, thereby giving them certainty regarding the amount they have available for mortgage lending.”

I hope this information finds you well.
    Matt.

Matthewmcm wrote: »
    Hi all, for those of you who are uncertain about the funding abilities of RIHL please see below quoted letter I received from the Department of Housing threw my Local TD.

Letter dated: 19th September 2019.

“When the Rebuilding Ireland Home Loan (RIHL) scheme was initially being developed, it was estimated that the drawdown of loans would be approximately 200 million over three years. However, the RIHL proved to be more successful than initially anticipated. Officials in this Department began engaging with the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform in October 2018 when higher lending and drawdown volumes were beginning to materialise.

The Minister then informed the Dáil on 29 January 2019 of the scheme's success and of the need for additional funding and indicated that his Department was in discussions with the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform and the Department of Finance with regard to the allocation for 2019.

Following positive engagement with the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform, the Department received correspondence in July conveying sanction to increase the funding for the scheme by €363 million for the remainder of 2019, bringing the total scheme funding to €563 million.

The Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government wrote to all 31 local authorities on 15 August 2019, advising of their revised allocations for the RIHL, thereby giving them certainty regarding the amount they have available for mortgage lending.”

I hope this information finds you well.
    Matt.

That's for that Matt. That eases the worries a bit. I knew they had gotten further funding but those figures seem a lot more reassuring than I had read in some online articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 N1ceWan

Can anyone recommend a good solicitor in Clare thats been through the purchase of a house using the RIHL? Any DMs would be great. TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Laurazal

I got the keys of my dream house at the weekend. RIHL is long process, but is worth getting it.
    Congratulations!!! Very happy for you!
    Can I ask you if you bought second-hand or a new built and how long was the process from sale agreed to getting the keys?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭scabo33

Got rejected in Cork based on insufficient income and savings. Provided over 15 months of savings from both of us accounting to well over mortgage amount and bills. We also earn way less than 75k combined. We had this looked over professionally too

Local TD told me they are rejecting way more now as they gave way too much money at the start of the scheme.

Good luck everyone. Its immigration for us. The scheme was meant to help those who are in the grey area and its clearly failed in our case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Orlasul

Hi,

Just wondering if you could let me know how long it took from submitting all the documentation until a key was received? All documentation has been with the council for nearly 6 weeks and builders are getting impatient.

Thanks

scabo33 wrote: »
    Got rejected in Cork based on insufficient income and savings. Provided over 15 months of savings from both of us accounting to well over mortgage amount and bills. We also earn way less than 75k combined. We had this looked over professionally too

Local TD told me they are rejecting way more now as they gave way too much money at the start of the scheme.

Good luck everyone. Its immigration for us. The scheme was meant to help those who are in the grey area and its clearly failed in our case.

Hi scabo33 do you mind me asking what exactly you were refused on? Deposit amount, saving pattern ect.
    Seems to be alot refused lately. Ours is in a few weeks now and am waiting Impatiently for word.

Orlasul wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if you could let me know how long it took from submitting all the documentation until a key was received? All documentation has been with the council for nearly 6 weeks and builders are getting impatient.

Thanks

Ours is in about the same and have been told it could be next year. What council have you submitted to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Anastasia79

Laurazal wrote: »
    Congratulations!!! Very happy for you!
    Can I ask you if you bought second-hand or a new built and how long was the process from sale agreed to getting the keys?
    Thanks!

Hi!! Thank you. I bought a second-hand house. I went sale agreed on the 15 of August, I got the keys on the 28 of September. All three solicitors operated very efficiently. I still can't believe the hassle is over now. All the best with the house purchase to you too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DianeMc2018

Hi All. Anyone who has put their application into Kildare CoCo might be interested in this email I received from them this week

"When we met our budget in October 2018 we were instructed by the department the scheme is still open and applications are to be accepted. This in turn has left us with a large back log as we did not process applications for nearly 10 months as funding was not available. We are assessing application up to the end of 2018 at the moment. We do hope to move into 2019 before the end of the year funding providing. I can not say how much funding or how long it will take to get around to your application. "

So basically there is a backlog of 10 months and they are working their way through all the 2018 applications now. Haven't even gotten around to looking at any submitted in 2019 yet. Long wait....

Hi All. Anyone who has put their application into Kildare CoCo might be interested in this email I received from them this week

"When we met our budget in October 2018 we were instructed by the department the scheme is still open and applications are to be accepted. This in turn has left us with a large back log as we did not process applications for nearly 10 months as funding was not available. We are assessing application up to the end of 2018 at the moment. We do hope to move into 2019 before the end of the year funding providing. I can not say how much funding or how long it will take to get around to your application. "

So basically there is a backlog of 10 months and they are working their way through all the 2018 applications now. Haven't even gotten around to looking at any submitted in 2019 yet. Long wait....

Eesh, that's not good.
    The wait time in general is quite slow I find.
    And the councils themselves don't seem to be able to provide much information, seems like your application goes into a backlog with Housing Agency and they have no information on where it is in the queue until it's back to them.
    This is an impression i have from my dealings with councils and pushing them for information. Anyone else the same?

Hi!! Thank you. I bought a second-hand house. I went sale agreed on the 15 of August, I got the keys on the 28 of September. All three solicitors operated very efficiently. I still can't believe the hassle is over now. All the best with the house purchase to you too!!

And when did you apply?
    Westmeath must be processing applications very quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Malsos

Hi,

Can someone help me with below:

1) Are people being offered similar amounts to what the online calculator offers them

2) When is the best time to apply for the loan
    - When you see property on daft
    - Do you bid on a house & go sale agreed
    - Do you apply and see amount offered

Advertisement