Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice in Chains, Olympia May 20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I was on the app, crashed.

Then went to main site, on my mobile, and managed to get them.

Ticketmaster are an absolute disgrace. It's not right.

Recently bough tickets through axs fr an event in the uk, absolute breeze. Could join a waiting room beforehand, then once it went on sale, you can see a live map of availlble seats. Not this random, meaningless waiting screen.

"Sit tight, we'll refresh the page for you in a moment"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭c6ysaphjvqw41k

I'd say keep trying, my husband had 2 in his cart until I told him I got two so he released them. Might still get some from others with the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Oilbeefhooked!

Upper circle still available

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

D.Q wrote: »
    I was on the app, crashed.

Then went to main site, on my mobile, and managed to get them.

Ticketmaster are an absolute disgrace. It's not right.

Recently bough tickets through axs fr an event in the uk, absolute breeze. Could join a waiting room beforehand, then once it went on sale, you can see a live map of availlble seats. Not this random, meaningless waiting screen.

"Sit tight, we'll refresh the page for you in a moment"

They're an absolutely disgraceful company. It physically pains me having to book through these people each time I want to go to a gig. Really wish there was another way. And don't get me started on that "Seatwave" fiasco that they were involved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Perifect

erudec wrote: »
    Sorry what?

I just got zip zero thirty seconds ago.

If you know there are tickets, how?

Sorry, they seem to have gone again. Not fun but some could just appear so maybe keep checking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭erudec

Worst is where they ask you if you are sure that you want to "release" your zero tickets before they let you refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Perifect wrote: »
    Sorry, they seem to have gone again. Not fun but some could just appear so maybe keep checking.

I've been trying intermediately for the past 15mins after the initial rush and still nothing anywhere. Pathetic site and company, why isn’t there a wait list with your order queued and numbered so you know where you stand if unpaid for tickets are released.

I tried again, I have 2 upper circle but I already have mine. I'm going to cancel purchase so be ready to go!

You just have to keep trying. Over and over again, painful but you could get some.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

Got mine! I agree there should be some queuing system for true fans who are willing to spend their morning refreshing.

• Advertisement

Got mine! I agree there should be some queuing system for true fans who are willing to spend their morning refreshing.

Thing is that touts would be willing to do that also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

Upper circle?

Olympia theatre doesn't have an event on Sunday 19 May.... Fingers crossed for second gig

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

doubtful, the band are only playing single shows on the entire tour

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

still some in Belfast if any are doing the slog

folks, If anyone has a spare standing for Dublin I will gladly take it and offer a ticket for Belfast in addition

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Hmmm im surprised this 'sold out' but its not sold out..i got tickets for 2 recent Olympia shows which were 'sold out' in the days before the gigs..just keep checking toutless and then ticketmaster in the week leading up to the show..they were some of the best seats in the house by the way clearly held back for the band/production..circle rows A and B. So dont give up hope just yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Allowing people to buy 8 tickets at a time for an event in the Olympia is an absolute unholy disgrace. What are Ticketmaster playing at??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Allowing people to buy 8 tickets at a time for an event in the Olympia is an absolute unholy disgrace. What are Ticketmaster playing at??
    following the promoters instructions (or lack thereof) most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

following the promoters instructions (or lack thereof) most likely.

The promoter being MCD which is now Livenation which owns Ticketmaster.
    Its laughable the way that you can buy 8 tickets but the only e ticket option is on your mobile phone.
    8 tickets on one phone ,ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

Zardoz wrote: »
    The promoter being MCD which is now Livenation which owns Ticketmaster.
    Its laughable the way that you can buy 8 tickets but the only e ticket option is on your mobile phone.
    8 tickets on one phone ,ridiculous.
    At least the Olympia has hard copy ticket option. The Academy doesnt even have that unless you pay a fiver for 'speedy dispatch with gift wrap'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Rumours have it that Alice In Chains and Korn are soon set to announce a co-headlining tour in the summer - not sure if that will extend to Europe but its an interesting one.

Korn fan myself and don't know much about AIC but I do like a few of their song and I'm sure that can be said vice versa.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PCros wrote: »
    Rumours have it that Alice In Chains and Korn are soon set to announce a co-headlining tour in the summer - not sure if that will extend to Europe but its an interesting one.

Korn fan myself and don't know much about AIC but I do like a few of their song and I'm sure that can be said vice versa.

Im guessing the tour will be an American tour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I really should join a mailing list or something, tickets sold out when I find out. I like their performances of the old songs but don't think the new material is that good. I only heard of them last year and Would has became one of my favourite songs, it was released the summer I was born.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Im guessing the tour will be an American tour

You're guessing correctly.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I really should join a mailing list or something, tickets sold out when I find out. I like their performances of the old songs but don't think the new material is that good. I only heard of them last year and Would has became one of my favourite songs, it was released the summer I was born.

Keep an eye on this forum. It's a good way to keep up to speed on upcoming gigs.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Hello. So I have two seated tickets for Alice in Chains. I can no longer go. I want to sell them at face value. The only thing is that they are mobile only tickets! I selected e-tickets when I was buying them, I thought it would go to my email so I could print them. Does anyone know how to change them from mobile tickets or how to sell them otherwise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Hello. So I have two seated tickets for Alice in Chains. I can no longer go. I want to sell them at face value. The only thing is that they are mobile only tickets! I selected e-tickets when I was buying them, I thought it would go to my email so I could print them. Does anyone know how to change them from mobile tickets or how to sell them otherwise?

Sent you a PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

I have a Belfast standing ticket for swap with a Dublin standing if that suits anyone better.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 redzor

Does anybody know who is supporting in Dublin and Belfast, see BRMC are supporting on a few of the Europe leg ...

• Advertisement

I had to go the viagogo route for a ticket for this. Sad to see them all eaten up by touts

Advertisement