Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alice in Chains, Olympia May 20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

s8n wrote: »
    I had to go the viagogo route for a ticket for this. Sad to see them all eaten up by touts

Total joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I had to go the viagogo route for a ticket for this. Sad to see them all eaten up by touts

Unfortunately this will continue to happen until Ticketmaster stop selling at 8 tickets per person for small capacity gigs. It's a joke.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Unfortunately this will continue to happen until Ticketmaster stop selling at 8 tickets per person for small capacity gigs. It's a joke.

You'd have thought that basic common sense would determine that but I guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Shouldve waited and see if any popped up on toutless. Only one so far but wasnt snapped up for 24 hours.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33909&p=220612&hilit=alice#p220612

• Registered Users Posts: 21 DeborahLQ

Hmmm im surprised this 'sold out' but its not sold out..i got tickets for 2 recent Olympia shows which were 'sold out' in the days before the gigs..just keep checking toutless and then ticketmaster in the week leading up to the show..they were some of the best seats in the house by the way clearly held back for the band/production..circle rows A and B. So dont give up hope just yet!

yeah, it seems shows that are 'sold out' are actually never sold out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Undertow

The Nal wrote: »
    Shouldve waited and see if any popped up on toutless. Only one so far but wasnt snapped up for 24 hours.

https://www.toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33909&p=220612&hilit=alice#p220612

That was for the Belfast gig!

Undertow wrote: »

Yeah that's long since sold out. Many going to it here?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Undertow wrote: »

Ha soz. Same thing though. Keep an eye out and youre odds will be pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Yeah that's long since sold out. Many going to it here?

Yes indeed!

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Penfailed wrote: »
    Yes indeed!

Should be a good gig!

Anyone know who's supporting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Pretty sure i saw something when the Irish gigs were announced that BRMC would not be supporting but cant remember from where.

Odd no support has been anounced yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

I have a spare Belfast ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Odd no support has been anounced yet

Cantrell should support :)

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Cantrell should support :)

A set of Cantrell solo material would be just fine with me :D

Yeah it's a shame it never worked out and he had to go back to AIC name. Think I'd prefer a Jerry show with a few AIC thrown in as opposed to AIC without layne. Even though Jerry is the genius behind all the songs, the vocals were too much of it for me.

Yeah it's a shame it never worked out and he had to go back to AIC name. Think I'd prefer a Jerry show with a few AIC thrown in as opposed to AIC without layne. Even though Jerry is the genius behind all the songs, the vocals were too much of it for me.

I take your point, I love Layne too, but the stuff with Will is really good, I don't know if you have checked out Will era AIC but it's genuinely really good.

That being said I'd love someday to see Jerry do a solo tour again, his solo stuff is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Agree with all you said bar the Jerry is the genuis behind all the songs.Layne wrote a fair bit too and had lots of influence on alot of the best AIC songs.

Will is obviously talented but not one post Layne song holds a candle to the stuff they did before Laynes passing.

Agree with all you said bar the Jerry is the genuis behind all the songs.Layne wrote a fair bit too and had lots of influence on alot of the best AIC songs.

Will is obviously talented but not one post Layne song holds a candle to the stuff they did before Laynes passing.

I really like BGWTB and Rainier Fog, but yeah Layne era Chains is the best, I could listen to Unplugged all day and often have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I just view them as a different band. I love the new stuff, Rainier Fog is class and the 3 albums they've done with Will are 3 of my favourites of the last few years. I'd happily go and see a show made up of stuff from just the new albums, funnily enough!

Saying that, Layne Staley is one of my favourite vocalists of all time. He was utterly unique. One of the all time greats. It's fantastic that his music is still heard and still so popular.

• Advertisement

I take your point, I love Layne too, but the stuff with Will is really good, I don't know if you have checked out Will era AIC but it's genuinely really good.

That being said I'd love someday to see Jerry do a solo tour again, his solo stuff is amazing.

Oh I love the new stuff, but I'd imagine it's what Jerry would have wrote solo anyway, if ya get me. Actually Your Decision is playing now, would fit perfect on degradation trip. But the name was needed to make some cash I spose.

All opinions I guess, I just love Jerry's solo stuff, he kinda proved he could do it all. I don't think we'd have a load of stuff from Layne in a room by himself, but maybe in wrong :) obviously he had a lot of issues with drugs too where Jerry had to finish songs by himself etc.

But I love layne! And one of my favourite vocalists. And wish I'd seen him in his prime! Absolute legend.

Need to throw on some Mad Season!

(the liner notes by Jerry on music bank are a cool read actually)

All opinions I guess, I just love Jerry's solo stuff, he kinda proved he could do it all. I don't think we'd have a load of stuff from Layne in a room by himself, but maybe in wrong :) obviously he had a lot of issues with drugs too where Jerry had to finish songs by himself etc.

But I love layne! And one of my favourite vocalists. And wish I'd seen him in his prime! Absolute legend.

Need to throw on some Mad Season!

(the liner notes by Jerry on music bank are a cool read actually)

Love Mad Season, 'Above' is a great record!

All of Live at the Moore is up on YouTube now as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Must be rehearsing the run here as they've hit Dublin already which makes it a real shame they never squeezed in another show.

Must be rehearsing the run here as they've hit Dublin already which makes it a real shame they never squeezed in another show.

Yeah it's pretty disappointing, still trying to get tickets for the Dublin gig but no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Wynona Bleach have been announced as sole support act for Belfast and Dublin.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

Yeah it's pretty disappointing, still trying to get tickets for the Dublin gig but no joy

I'm selling two to a poster from here. Meant to be tomorrow. If that falls through then you're next in line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

what time would people advise queuing in the olympia to get pit passes? never tried before

• Advertisement

I'm selling two to a poster from here. Meant to be tomorrow. If that falls through then you're next in line.

Thanks very much! I'd only need the one though, if anyone needs a Belfast ticket let me know if I get sorted for Dublin, if that date suits anyone here better.

Advertisement