Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW e-Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Hasn't an Ioniq has a smaller battery but longer range?

That ioniq is not for sale anymore though.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

How sensitive are people finding the tyre sensors ? I seem to get an alarm every week or two.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Mupchease wrote: »
    How sensitive are people finding the tyre sensors ? I seem to get an alarm every week or two.

No problems here. I set pressure in mine not long after I got it and no alarms yet

BTW what did you set the pressure to? I went for 39 as a lot of the time there’s only two in my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The natural fluctuations in outside temperature have an impact on the tyre pressure. If you set the pressure too low, with changing temps, they could go below the threshold (so triggering the sensor alarm)

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

charlieIRL wrote: »
    No problems here. I set pressure in mine not long after I got it and no alarms yet

BTW what did you set the pressure to? I went for 39 as a lot of the time there’s only two in my car.

I use to Set them at 41 because I’d have a fair bit in the boot but I’ve changed it and set it to 36 the last few times. The alarms are less frequent but still come in. Il try 39 the next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

What alarm are you getting.... does it say one tyre is low or is it a generic alarm to just say "check your tyre pressure"?

Not sure about eGolf but they will usually alarm for two reasons.... one low tyre relative to the others OR hitting a general low threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

No issues like that for me. 2019 model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Mine are a f**king nightmare so far......

Now the Misses did blow a tyre on it one day and I am not sure if that is affecting it but I need to drop back it back into VW and get it sorted!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

If the light keeps coming on there’s generally a problem somewhere, ie a slow puncture, warped tyre.

I knew someone that the sensor light came on every time he passed through a certain area, whatever was in the airwaves, lol.

L-M wrote: »
    If the light keeps coming on there’s generally a problem somewhere, ie a slow puncture, warped tyre.

I knew someone that the sensor light came on every time he passed through a certain area, whatever was in the airwaves, lol.

It’s coming on 4 months now, want to be a really really slow puncture

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It’s coming on 4 months now, want to be a really really slow puncture

Did you reset it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Seen someone on the Facebook Irish EV Group saying that the price of a new eGolf will be reduced by €4,000 at the end of January 2020. This guy was due to pick it up early January, but the dealer called him and let him know about the offer from VW.

The Executive model is now a very good price! In range for quite a few people now that were thinking it was too much (which it probably was).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Seen someone on the Facebook Irish EV Group saying that the price of a new eGolf will be reduced by €4,000 at the end of January 2020. This guy was due to pick it up early January, but the dealer called him and let him know about the offer from VW.

The Executive model is now a very good price! In range for quite a few people now that were thinking it was too much (which it probably was).

Is it still the Mark 7 Golf?

Is it still the Mark 7 Golf?

Yes, the Mark 8 will never have an eGolf

ID is replacing the eGolf so in the mark 8 you will only have PHEV option

• Registered Users Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Yes, the Mark 8 will never have an eGolf

ID is replacing the eGolf so in the mark 8 you will only have PHEV option

Not much of an offer then.

Not much of an offer then.

?????

The exec edition from what I can see is coming in at 36k now......with the spec it’s a very good offer

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

?????

The exec edition from what I can see is coming in at 36k now......with the spec it’s a very good offer

If u can live with this range in 2020? It offers great comfort and ride but u can get id3 first in 6 months for similar price and double the range and faster also.

kris_2021 wrote: »
    If u can live with this range in 2020? It offers great comfort and ride but u can get id3 first in 6 months for similar price and double the range and faster also.

Not the same spec I would guess

Range, who needs range :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

Not the same spec I would guess

Range, who needs range :-)

By reading this forum and other forums everyone needs more range 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭Soarer

So you'd be looking at €32k asking price, and they're also doing scrappage for dirty diesels AND 0% PCP?

• Advertisement

kris_2021 wrote: »
    By reading this forum and other forums everyone needs more range 😜

I don’t, hardly ever go past a half empty tank.... I plug in just to use preheat

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Is that referring to VW's "climate action grant" or is it another €4k off RRP again?
    https://www.climateactiongrant.ie/contentv3/

That's some price drop in the space of 6 months if they drop it another €4k after a €5k drop only a few months ago.

They currently give €3k off the RRP price of an eGolf if you trade in a Euro 1-4 car against it.

So, the base model is €32k after grant and if you bring in a banger they will throw another €3k off that again so €29k OTR for the entry model. If they throw another €4k off its good value. Anything over €30k is overpriced imo with ID.3 imminent.

Soarer wrote: »
    So you'd be looking at €32k asking price, and they're also doing scrappage for dirty diesels AND 0% PCP?

I see 1.9% APR and I also see 0% for the eGolf on their website so its not clear what you pay. Might be dependent on whether you are using scrappage deal or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

KCross wrote: »
    Is that referring to VW's "climate action grant" or is it another €4k off RRP again?
    https://www.climateactiongrant.ie/contentv3/

That's some price drop in the space of 6 months if they drop it another €4k after a €5k drop only a few months ago.

They currently give €3k off the RRP price of an eGolf if you trade in a Euro 1-4 car against it.

So, the base model is €32k after grant and if you bring in a banger they will throw another €3k off that again so €29k OTR for the entry model. If they throw another €4k off its good value. Anything over €30k is overpriced imo with ID.3 imminent.

I see 1.9% APR and I also see 0% for the eGolf on their website so its not clear what you pay. Might be dependent on whether you are using scrappage deal or not.

4.9% PCP with climate action plan so they’ll get their money back.

They’ve dropped it by a further 4300 so you’ll get an executive for under €34k now. With the 0 percent also.

The scrappage would only suit a cash buyer or HP buyer, but that discount can be had in addition to the above.

Between the relatively appalling range, the discounts and the modest underpinnings (spec accepted as being good) the eGolf might be worth tiny money in a few years.
    Like the early leaf is now except the leaf was never do expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Augeo wrote: »
    the eGolf might be worth tiny money in a few years.

The early Leaf is worth very strong money since about 2 years. Show me a modest family diesel hatchback from 2011 still worth €6k minimum?

The eGolf will equally be worth strong money in a few years to come. Buy one now for what, €29k minus an additional €4k discount, so €25k with scrappage? If so your depreciation will be lower than any petrol / diesel car of the same value. Obviously if you bought an Executive eGolf a few months ago for €38k, you've already lost a fortune in depreciation.

Supply and demand. Very simple. There are far fewer low price second hand EVs on the market now than there is demand for them. This will not change at all in the next 5 years at least

unkel wrote: »
    ......Obviously if you bought an Executive eGolf a few months ago for €38k, you've already lost a fortune in depreciation.

Supply and demand. Very simple......

.... I was referring to the obvious example..... I thought that was obvious.

The leaf was a different story 3 years ago.... Your supply and demand spiel applied then also.

Fair play if your crystal ball can be so sure if egolf values in the next 5 years.

Cheapest 2011 auris on carzone....
    https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/Toyota/Auris-1.4-D-4D-SPORT-NCTED-IMMACULATE--/201912115247854

Worth is very subjective BTW.

Augeo wrote: »
    Between the relatively appalling range, the discounts and the modest underpinnings (spec accepted as being good) the eGolf might be worth tiny money in a few years.

Might and might not

unkel wrote: »
    The early Leaf is worth very strong money since about 2 years. Show me a modest family diesel hatchback from 2011 still worth €6k minimum?

The eGolf will equally be worth strong money in a few years to come. Buy one now for what, €29k minus an additional €4k discount, so €25k with scrappage? If so your depreciation will be lower than any petrol / diesel car of the same value. Obviously if you bought an Executive eGolf a few months ago for €38k, you've already lost a fortune in depreciation.

Supply and demand. Very simple. There are far fewer low price second hand EVs on the market now than there is demand for them. This will not change at all in the next 5 years at least

To be honest your better off not wasting your time

Give it 5 - 10 years before it will sink in

• Advertisement

You'd rarely see ICE models discounted to this degree.... The eGolf must be an absolute fooker to shift out of showrooms.
    With all the spec & everything..... It's the p1ss poor range I suppose is the issue now that they are priced about right ish for what they are.

Advertisement