Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW e-Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Anyone know for definite please what is the rock bottom cheapest price right now for a new EGolf?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

You won’t really get a rock bottom price. They’re in high demand and stock is very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Anyone know for definite please what is the rock bottom cheapest price right now for a new EGolf?

I would think €28294 . All dealers are preordering what stock they have , from what I’ve heard , they are all limited to 5 units per week effectively. So it would be a comfort line car but all dealers seem to be adding the tech pack thus €28294 . As the previous poster said high demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

L-M wrote: »
    It shouldn’t depreciate any more or less than an ICE car.

I agree with you there. A €34k diesel Golf is likely to depreciate like a stone over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

IrishHomer wrote: »

Watch out for inflated list prices (RRP), I've seen a few last week where some dealers were quoting list 3-4 hundred over VW's published price. And no I'm not talking about delivery charges. They are on top again.

Some dealers are charging €599 for the Tech Pack, others (very few) are giving it away free.
    Makes me wonder if VW included it generally in the runout cars to shift parts inventory.
    Seems strange every executive edition I've enquired about had it fitted.

• Advertisement

No one is giving it away free because it’s not.

The RRPs are published online also so they’re should be no variance from dealer to dealer either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Surely RRP is just an unenforceable recommendation, so they can basically charge what they want?

[edit]
    As SIMI say in their RRP guide

"The vehicle prices referred to in this section are recommended prices, for guide purposes only.
    Every car dealer is free to charge whatever price it deems appropriate in respect of the vehicle."

If anyone is 400 dearer etc they’ve probably just added it up wrong, or the other garage probably forgot to add something in. Human error.

The RRPs are published online also so they’re should be no variance from dealer to dealer either.

I'll beg to differ, everything I mentioned happened to me last week while trying to buy a e-Golf Exec Edition. ;)
    I was specifically told at 1 dealership that they include the Tech Pack for free. YMMV

But I’m just telling you they’re not including it for free because they’re paying for it.

So they’ll either give you less of a trade in or less discount on a straight deal.

It’s funny what people believe.

• Advertisement

But I’m just telling you they’re not including it for free because they’re paying for it.

So they’ll either give you less of a trade in or less discount on a straight deal.

It’s funny what people believe.

A few posts ago you said it was unlikely anyone would get any discount due to shortage of supply.

If you want to dispute what I've observed, been told and what I actually got that is your prerogative. I can't make you believe what you don't want to believe :D

My advice to the OP who asked for the best possible price for an e-golf is to check the figures carefully.

A few posts ago you said it was unlikely anyone would get any discount due to shortage of supply.

If you want to dispute what I've observed, been told and what I actually got that is your prerogative. I can't make you believe what you don't want to believe :D

My advice to the OP who asked for the best possible price for an e-golf is to check the figures carefully.

Yeah, what I’m trying to say it (And what you seem to be ignoring) is that Tech packs aren’t free (Because the Dealer has to pay for them) and the RRPs are all posted online and available to download.

Oh make no mistake I get fully what you're saying. But you were not party to the telephone conversation and subsequent email confirmation and offer I received.
    I have no axe to grind with you, but I was told by my dealer they give the Tech Pack free and the final numbers bore this fact out in the end.
    whether I could have eeked out more discount is debatable, the final discount figure was better than any other offer I received from other dealers.

Anyway I'm under no illusion that each deal is specific to the buyer, but when you're told something is included for free and the offer is the better than any other you've received form other dealers makes me believe I got it for free.

makes me believe I got it for free.

This is all I needed.

This is all I needed.
    In your world ... yes. :)

In your world ... yes. :)

I sell them, I know how it works, unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I got my eGolf last year. The Tech pack was free. If I remember correctly the lady I was dealing with said it came free from now on

Even checked the quote now and it is marked down as free. The car was bought via a leasing company so they add on everything they can if possible and the dealer as well because they all take a cut :p

I sell them, I know how it works, unfortunately.

Are you implying there is price fixing?, in the sense that individual dealers are not allowed to throw in extras for free. (however you calculate it)

Again I feel the need to re iterate I was specifically told the tech pack was included for free and the final price I was offered happened to be better by a magnitude greater than the value of the tech pack, in a cash deal.

When compared to other deals I was offered at other dealerships I came out well ahead of the €599 value of the tech pack.

So i choose to believe the salesman when the figures support his claim there is 0 charge for tech pack at his specific dealership.

How you sell your e-golfs is .... possibly not the best offer out there.

The whole point of my post to the OP who asked what's the lowest price for an e-Golf is there are deals out there ... if you look hard enough.

YMMV

Are you implying there is price fixing?, in the sense that individual dealers are not allowed to throw in extras for free. (however you calculate it)

Again I feel the need to re iterate I was specifically told the tech pack was included for free and the final price I was offered happened to be better by a magnitude greater than the value of the tech pack, in a cash deal.

When compared to other deals I was offered at other dealerships I came out well ahead of the €599 value of the tech pack.

So i choose to believe the salesman when the figures support his claim there is 0 charge for tech pack at his specific dealership.

How you sell your e-golfs is .... possibly not the best offer out there.

The whole point of my post to the OP who asked what's the lowest price for an e-Golf is there are deals out there ... if you look hard enough.

YMMV

The tech pack is free, I have a 192 and the tech pack was free on it......

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The tech pack is free, I have a 192 and the tech pack was free on it......

Apparently we're miss guided individuals who only believe we got them for free.:P:D

• Advertisement

Apparently we're miss guided individuals who only believe we got them for free.:P:D

Official quote to a leasing company, damn right it’s free. No cash prices or anything when dealing with them....

That poster did also stick up this nugget
    Just one thing to note. The Electric car tyres are a specific low rolling resistance tyre. Make sure to put on the correct tyres or the could impact the range by up to 30/40 percent

I have driven a eGolf now since 2017, my 192 is second one and I can tell you that one ain’t true either

Put on any decent energy efficient tyre and works perfect

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I got my eGolf last year. The Tech pack was free. If I remember correctly the lady I was dealing with said it came free from now on

Even checked the quote now and it is marked down as free. The car was bought via a leasing company so they add on everything they can if possible and the dealer as well because they all take a cut :p

Sorry, they are free to Fleet customers, but that’s applicable to across the Vw range with some exceptions.

To a private individual they’re not. I’m not saying there’s price fixing, people can do whatever they like. But every garage works off the same fixed margin and every garage pays for the Tech pack as an optional extra. So if someone is saying “It’s free” they’re just giving more discount then the next garage is, it’s that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I am probably missing something, but the e-Golf configurator shows the "Technology Upgrade with Lights & Vision Pack" as included with the exec model. It's listed as a "Current Offer" rather than as standard equipment. https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/models-and-configurator/e-golf.html/e-golf-executive-edition.app#CONFIGURE

OK, so now you've opened this up with information regarding fleet purchases.
    Yes mine was a fleet purchase, but that also begs the question as to why other dealers included the Tech pack in their calculations in costing the deal and the 1 honest dealer I found did the correct thing.

Also fleet discount % differs dealer to dealer.

I guess the take away from this is ... the old adage ... never trust a car-salesperson.

Eoin wrote: »
    I am probably missing something, but the e-Golf configurator shows the "Technology Upgrade with Lights & Vision Pack" as included with the exec model. It's listed as a "Current Offer" rather than as standard equipment. https://www.volkswagen.ie/en/models-and-configurator/e-golf.html/e-golf-executive-edition.app#CONFIGURE

My understanding is they added the lights and vision for free to the Tech Pack €1xxx (haven't got the exact figure to hand) value for the price of €599.

OK, so now you've opened this up with information regarding fleet purchases.
    Yes mine was a fleet purchase, but that also begs the question as to why other dealers included the Tech pack in their calculations in costing the deal and the 1 honest dealer I found did the correct thing.

Also fleet discount % differs dealer to dealer.

I guess the take away from this is ... the old adage ... never trust a car-salesperson.

The new age thing is to never trust a customer, funnily enough. “Buyers are liars” and all that.

To be honest if someone included it in a Fleet quote it was just human error. It shouldn’t be.

Eoin wrote: »

“ Technology Upgrades
    Experience the future of driving with our Technology Upgrade. For your e-Golf, you'll receive Park Distance Control, High Beam Light Assist, Lights and Vision Pack, Folding Mirrors with Lowering Function and Surround Lighting. The RRP of these items is €1,539 but you will receive them for just €599!”

The new age thing is to never trust a customer, funnily enough. “Buyers are liars” and all that.

To be honest if someone included it in a Fleet quote it was just human error. It shouldn’t be.

Makes it an even more bitter pill to swallow the run around I got last week, that "human error" seems widespread and can cost the fleet punter and line the dealers pockets with an even better margin. Is that fleet freebie mentioned anywhere L-M?.

Thanks for clarifying that BTW, I have even more respect for the single dealer who gave me what I was apparently entitled to.

• Advertisement

Again I don’t think it was about an “honest” dealer. If the dealer charges you for it they have to pay for it, if they give it for free they get it for free (Specific to fleet customers) if that makes any sense.

So whom ever charged it (in error) won’t make any additional profit.

Advertisement