Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW e-Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

You obviously see this through your own eyes, we charge for it we pay for it ...
    The customer is the one who actually ends up paying for it because someone didn't do their job correctly. :rolleyes:

Buyer beware!.

I'm out!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Anyone know if there's scrappage deals on the e-Golf? I'd be looking on PCP also.

I'm temptied by an EV and the Golf looks a lot nicer than the Leaf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

SachaJ wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's scrappage deals on the e-Golf? I'd be looking on PCP also.

I'm temptied by an EV and the Golf looks a lot nicer than the Leaf.

They wiped about 5-10K off the price....I would doubt scrappags on top

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

There was a climate action scrappage deal for older vehicles running last year but I think it has stopped now.

There was a climate action scrappage deal for older vehicles running last year but I think it has stopped now.

It's a while ago now, it was any old diesel car, didnt matter the manufacturer you could rock up and use for scrappage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

That also carried an APR of 4.9 on the PCP so you would have been better off not scrapping and taking the 0 percent.

L-M wrote: »
    That also carried an APR of 4.9 on the PCP so you would have been better off not scrapping and taking the 0 percent.

It wasn’t 4.9

It was 3.0 or something like that when I checked, sure I can pull out the email :-)

Hee hee hee

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It wasn’t 4.9

It was 3.0 or something like that when I checked, sure I can pull out the email :-)

Hee hee hee

Yes it was.

Yes it was.

Isn't it 0% if you do the 2 year PCP and then swap for the ID.3? 3.9% otherwise on the e-Golf

Isn't it 0% if you do the 2 year PCP and then swap for the ID.3? 3.9% otherwise on the e-Golf

I was referring to if you took the scrappage the APR was 4.9 or if you just do a normal trade in/straight deal etc it was 0% (and still is)

So no one took the scrappage unless they bought with cash or took a small HP Loan.

• Advertisement

I was referring to if you took the scrappage the APR was 4.9 or if you just do a normal trade in/straight deal etc it was 0% (and still is)

So no one took the scrappage unless they bought with cash or took a small HP Loan.

I was going by the VW website. States 1.9% if not doing the 2 year PCP/ID.3 swap.

I was going by the VW website. States 1.9% if not doing the 2 year PCP/ID.3 swap.

It’s 1.9 on the Comfortline and 0 on the Executive.

No body is doing the 2 year deal because the GFMV is too low so In turn the payments are too high. Just better off taking the 3 year and trading in after 2. It’s the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭conor_mc

It’s 1.9 on the Comfortline and 0 on the Executive.

No body is doing the 2 year deal because the GFMV is too low so In turn the payments are too high. Just better off taking the 3 year and trading in after 2. It’s the same thing.

Yep, if going for an Exec at 0%, take as much free money as you can for as long as you can. Minimise your deposit (i.e. bank any leftover cash from a trade-in) and maximise the term.

For those of you who have bought one recently, how long did it take from order to delivery?

For those of you who have bought one recently, how long did it take from order to delivery?

That’s a very opened ended question. People could have picked cars that were in stock or were already pre ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donall.ID.3

I ordered mine mid November picking up tomorrow (factory order)

I ordered mine mid November picking up tomorrow (factory order)

Presume you didn’t go ID 3 from your username! Why the change of heart? What did you order?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭quokula

What would be a good guesstimate of the value of an exec edition after 3 years? I'm looking at GMMV on a PCP purchase.

I'd expect it would be adversely affected by the ID3 and other longer range mainstream EV coming out, along with the new Golf ICE model. But then the discounted price now probably reflects some of that so will help with depreciation.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I was told 12-14 weeks if it needs to be ordered from the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

Ordered end of January, arriving the end of March.

• Advertisement

Eoin wrote: »
    I was told 12-14 weeks if it needs to be ordered from the factory.
    If you wanted to buy the Executive model but with the 16 inch wheels from the base model would that be a factory order or would the dealer be able to do it?

They had a large stock in VW when I bought, so mine came out of that....

Now I was happy to take what spec they had in stock which turned out exactly what I needed

If you want a heat pump expect to wait while they order in

If you wanted to buy the Executive model but with the 16 inch wheels from the base model would that be a factory order or would the dealer be able to do it?

They would never be ordered for stock like that so, yes it would more than likely be a factory order.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donall.ID.3

Presume you didn’t go ID 3 from your username! Why the change of heart? What did you order?

Executive Edition with Tech Pack. Extras; Heated windshield and Heat Pump.

Why the change from ID3, while the ID3 blows the e golf out of the water with range and charging speed. My daily commute is under 10km. Range not an issue for most of my driving.

The interior of the ID.3 is poor, comparable to SEAT. Waiting time for ID3, pre ordered in May 19..delivery maybe be end of Summer 20. Expected alot more from the 1st edition in terms of specification, especially when the first batches of cars they will still be ironing out issues,VW unable to give definite pricing.

Visited Frankfurt car show and Dublin so had alot of time to view the car.

Another 18 to 24 months greater choice of EV Cars. Not worried about deprication, price drop has helped alot and secondhand EV cars will be in relatively low numbers for another few years to come.

Looking forward to this new EV world tomorrow and this thread has helped alot.

All good points. I think the Golf Mk7.5 is an absolutely fantastic car and at the price point now, very good value for money.

Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

The interior of the ID.3 is poor, ...

I have very similar thoughts to yours. Looking at online reviews it does seem to be very basic.
    I like leather any day over cloth and those door cards on the ID3 seem to be of a hard plastic type. No leather option now or in the future for the ID3, the vegans are taking over ...:rolleyes: !

I also figured I was 12-24 months too early into the BEV market, but circumstances dictated I needed a car now so decided to look at the base e-Tron, Mini Electric level 3 and e-Golf Executive Edition. All were available to me early to late march but the Golf seems far more practical and for far less money. Range not an issue 8km daily commute in the city.

I plan keeping this for 24 months then release it back into our Company car pool and choose another for myself as long as BIK remains at 0%. Should that BIK situation change then any lower residual market value in the golf is personally welcome, accelerated capital allowance and 20% of the VAT content refunded, makes a compelling case to buy it off the Company relatively cheaply ;).

Who knows ... I'm quite smitten with the ID Buzz, totally impractical, we'll see what the release version end up being :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

Is anybody here who owns an e-golf changing to the ID3 when it comes out ? So far I’ve only seen posts with people getting their deposit back or not very interested. Maybe I’ve missed something but it nearly seams like owners don’t see it as a good switch. I’m one of those owners for the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Mupchease wrote: »
    Is anybody here who owns an e-golf changing to the ID3 when it comes out ? So far I’ve only seen posts with people getting their deposit back or not very interested. Maybe I’ve missed something but it nearly seams like owners don’t see it as a good switch. I’m one of those owners for the record.

The problem with ID3 is that the people who designed haven't grasped why the Golf was an icon.

We know why it's on a dedicated platform but that doesn't excuse the ID3s styling or interior philosophy.

The reality is that Kia can turn out something as nice if not nicer styling wise and interior wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

I might make the change in a year or two depending on what I can get for the egolf. I love the car but it’ll be a decision based entirely on range. It’s our only car and trips to UK or France would be a lot more convenient with an extra 100km+ range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

quokula wrote: »
    What would be a good guesstimate of the value of an exec edition after 3 years? I'm looking at GMMV on a PCP purchase.

I'd expect it would be adversely affected by the ID3 and other longer range mainstream EV coming out, along with the new Golf ICE model. But then the discounted price now probably reflects some of that so will help with depreciation.

€10,747... Got a quote today 10% down

Advertisement