Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW e-Golf

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mupchease wrote: »
    Is anybody here who owns an e-golf changing to the ID3 when it comes out ? So far I’ve only seen posts with people getting their deposit back or not very interested. Maybe I’ve missed something but it nearly seams like owners don’t see it as a good switch. I’m one of those owners for the record.

There's mostly silence from those of us who are happy with the ID.3, expect discussions to kick off again when the ordering window opens up. There hasn't been alot of new information since the PDF was sent to us.

You do hear a lot from people who've cancelled. I think it's just a case of justifying their decision.

If I had an e-Golf right now, I'd probably hold onto my prebooking until the standard configuration tool becomes available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Is anybody here who owns an e-golf changing to the ID3 when it comes out ? So far I’ve only seen posts with people getting their deposit back or not very interested. Maybe I’ve missed something but it nearly seams like owners don’t see it as a good switch. I’m one of those owners for the record.
    EGolf is a great car, I will swap into ID but into the Crozz or Buzz

kieran. wrote: »
    €10,747... Got a quote today 10% down

A third of the current reduced price :eek:
    That's the lowest GFMV on the market surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Augeo wrote: »
    A third of the current reduced price :eek:
    That's the lowest GFMV on the market surely?

No it’s pretty bang in line with everything. Future values rang from 30/37 of the OMSP

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

In the past Nissan made the mistake of setting it too high, kept the monthlies low but meant you had zero equity at the end.

One of the things VW will be doing with the ID.3 is the ID plan, max 10% deposit with a high GMFV, idea is you should expect to have zero equity at the end of the plan.

• Advertisement

liamog wrote: »
    In the past Nissan made the mistake of setting it too high, kept the monthlies low but meant you had zero equity at the end.

One of the things VW will be doing with the ID.3 is the ID plan, max 10% deposit with a high GMFV, idea is you should expect to have zero equity at the end of the plan.

Nissan weren’t the only ones unfortunately.

L-M wrote: »
    No it’s pretty bang in line with everything. Future values rang from 30/37 of the OMSP

Few quick calculations, golf e 33%, petrol golf 38% & petrol passat 39%

Bang in line with everything if you ignore it's less GFMV then it's stablemates :)

Might be great equity in them even with the very poor range ..

503574.png

503575.png

503576.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I just got a call from VW dealer, I’m approaching the mileage for my first service. Service manager admitted he hasn’t a clue what has to be done or what price it’s going to cost. Not sure if I want to drop it in there so!
    Is 15kms a bit low for a service on an EV? Want to keep things right for warranty etc.

Anyone care to share any similar experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I just got a call from VW dealer, I’m approaching the mileage for my first service. Service manager admitted he hasn’t a clue what has to be done or what price it’s going to cost. Not sure if I want to drop it in there so!
    Is 15kms a bit low for a service on an EV? Want to keep things right for warranty etc.

I'm did my 1st at ~32km and I'll be doing another in a few weeks, another ~32km will have passed.

Think it was 120 for the full inspection and they gave me a lovely report that told me nothing meaningful except that they topped up my fluids and front tyres were worn more than the back tyres :rolleyes:

Not totally unreasonable, presumably an hour of main dealer's technician time in there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Mupchease

Don’t mind that, go by what the car says. The Irish Dealers just want the money. If you look online the servicing in pretty much every other country is longer and vw recommend it’s by what carnet says.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Who is the dealer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

What am I missing.

The first example for the new passat

On the road - €38,350

Deposit - €11,846
    36 monthly - €11,844 (€329*36)
    final -€15,020
    cost of credit - (€0)
    total =€38,710

Why don't these add up to the same thing?

I got mine done in Liffey valley all the time

They put it up and check brake pads etc. Sent me video. Then any software updates are applied

I think last time he said 100 something but when I went in to collect I think it was 80 euro he charged

The interval on E Golf is 24 months/ 30kms.

Should be 120 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

Picked up my new e-Golf EE today.
    First time to sit in and drive one. (yea!, I'm weird that way :D)

Seriously impressed, quality throughout, drives nice and tight, little rocket :D
    A lot of Car for the money, I'll be happy driving it until this whole EV revolution comes on line and begins to really leverage the power train.

Dealership personnel were excellent from start to finish, I'll definitely go back there again ... ID.Buzz has caught my imagination ... might make for an interesting family vehicle in the future.

Still holding my ID.3 pre-book place open, we'll see how I get on with "Blue Lightning" :eek:.

Thanks for all the tips I've picked up reading this thread, great source of info too.

Exciting times ahead ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Picked up my new e-Golf EE today.
    First time to sit in and drive one. (yea!, I'm weird that way :D)

Seriously impressed, quality throughout, drives nice and tight, little rocket :D
    A lot of Car for the money, I'll be happy driving it until this whole EV revolution comes on line and begins to really leverage the power train.

Dealership personnel were excellent from start to finish, I'll definitely go back there again ... ID.Buzz has caught my imagination ... might make for an interesting family vehicle in the future.

Still holding my ID.3 pre-book place open, we'll see how I get on with "Blue Lightning" :eek:.

Thanks for all the tips I've picked up reading this thread, great source of info too.

Exciting times ahead ...

Have fun! Seriously fun car to drive.

Just behind a 191 eGolf, it had the knight rider indicator lights? Is that only on the exec model?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Just behind a 191 eGolf, it had the knight rider indicator lights? Is that only on the exec model?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Yup

Standard on UK imports ;)

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Standard on UK imports ;)

Optional on the Comfortline too to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I've seen some folks on Reddit talking about programming the lights to use that option too using an OBDEleven tool.

I've seen some folks on Reddit talking about programming the lights to use that option too using an OBDEleven tool.

They’re a completely different taillight so I doubt it somehow.

You can buy them as an accessory through parts alright.

They’re a completely different taillight so I doubt it somehow.

You can buy them as an accessory through parts alright.

What extras can you get after market from the dealer ?

I would expect the knight rider lights cost a small fortune

What’s the air con like in people’s cars? I have fiddled with all setting and it is awful. Even at max temp it’s just getting warm. Seen a few people mention this around the world?

Just wondering has anyone else seen similar?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What’s the air con like in people’s cars? I have fiddled with all setting and it is awful. Even at max temp it’s just getting warm. Seen a few people mention this around the world?

Just wondering has anyone else seen similar?

If you want heat you have to have the car in "normal" mode however in the last week or two i've noticed i'm gettting warmer air in "Eco" mode now as well??? Strange?

Only lukewarm in Eco+

If you want heat you have to have the car in "normal" mode however in the last week or two i've noticed i'm gettting warmer air in "Eco" mode now as well??? Strange?

Only lukewarm in Eco+

Normal mode, into menu and turn up high and me blowing would heat up car quicker....going to send back to Vw and let them fix it, also the tyre sensors have never worked right....at this stage I have a puncture every day

Just in general or for the E Golf?

• Advertisement

Just in general or for the E Golf?

The e-golf. I might be looking in the wrong places but I can’t find much at all anywhere for the car. What can get done ?

Advertisement