Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW e-Golf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

L-M wrote: »
    They’re a completely different taillight so I doubt it somehow.

You can buy them as an accessory through parts alright.

These people did it with the stock lights. No change of unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Normal mode, into menu and turn up high and me blowing would heat up car quicker....going to send back to Vw and let them fix it, also the tyre sensors have never worked right....at this stage I have a puncture every day

In the climate control menu, there is a setting on the top right for air. Is that independent of driving mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Dempsey wrote: »
    In the climate control menu, there is a setting on the top right for air. Is that independent of driving mode?

Yeah I know, don’t that, it’s still terrible

Yeah I know, don’t that, it’s still terrible

How old is the car? Does the AC Gas need topped up?

Air-con gas isn't used for heating.
    It's just a heater.

• Advertisement

Augeo wrote: »
    Air-con gas isn't used for heating.
    It's just a heater.

Sorry yes. Missed the ‘heat’ part. Forgot it was winter in Ireland :)

It going on now 8 months old :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭phill106

It going on now 8 months old :P

time to trade it in :P
    Give ya three fitty for it?

Test drove an egolf ee saturday, was impressed.
    0% apr on just under 32 seemed a good deal.

Free charging in work with a 60km round trip per day, so would likely never have to pay for power.
    Dont think i would go for the heat pump, what other options are must haves?
    EE comes with the fancy digital dash, i see some mention of tech pack, is that free or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Eoin Kavanagh 64

Tech pack is included as a free option for a fleet purchase only, otherwise is an extra €625 and by the look of it it's a standard (must order) option on Irish spec cars.
    You could upgrade the Info display, standard is a little smaller and has 2 dials, the upgraded is a bit larger and 100% touch only.
    The IR heated windscreen does away with those imbedded squiggly heater lines on the standard windscreen if that's of interest to you.

While your daily commute is short, heat pump really comes into its own in winter increasing the reduced range due to cold from 170 back up to 200 km.
    A lot of money for the upgrade if you're not going to use it.

Got to agree, the EE is very well spec'ed, not much more you'd need to add to it IMO, if you go for standard spec on the EE you can pick from stock, otherwise it'll be special order.

I insisted on getting a car with the Shetland (beige) leather interior, glad I did as I think the all black interior including head liner is just too dark for my taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭bodgerfederer

so, i got an email from the dealer i bought the car from today (uk import).
    they tell me that according to their records the car 'would benefit from an aircon service'. the car is about 2yrs old now.

anyone heard of this before?

• Advertisement

so, i got an email from the dealer i bought the car from today (uk import).
    they tell me that according to their records the car 'would benefit from an aircon service'. the car is about 2yrs old now.

anyone heard of this before?

Yes

It's called "milking the cash cow" :P

Dealer just trying to make a few quid, how much are they charging for it?

Yes

It's called "milking the cash cow" :P

Dealer just trying to make a few quid, how much are they charging for it?

You think so?
    They didn’t quote a price in the email and I’ve not asked. The car says it’s not due a service for 200+ days so I figure I’ll just leave it then.

You think so?
    They didn’t quote a price in the email and I’ve not asked. The car says it’s not due a service for 200+ days so I figure I’ll just leave it then.

They will probably charge 90 quid or more. Youc an buy the kit in the shops for 30 quid.....its the latest "deal" all thje dealers are coming up with

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I visited a VW dealer in Spain yesterday as I wanted to see the new model golf.

I had a good chat with the salesman about the ID3 and the EGolf and he was telling me their network of sales garages throughout the province have a 2019 demo golf Executive model for €28k and they can't shift it.

He said if I made any offer I'd get it. I'm not living in Spain yet so I won't be offering lol 😂

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I visited a VW dealer in Spain yesterday as I wanted to see the new model golf.

I had a good chat with the salesman about the ID3 and the EGolf and he was telling me their network of sales garages throughout the province have a 2019 demo golf Executive model for €28k and they can't shift it.

He said if I made any offer I'd get it. I'm not living in Spain yet so I won't be offering lol 😂

Spain is even worse than Ireland for uptake in electric cars which is surprising as the climate is perfect for the eGolf

Average Spanish household wouldn't be as wealthy as here. €29k is a fortune in Spain for most. Also they don't commute as far as we do so the payback in fuel savings is longer also :)

Average Spanish household wouldn't be as wealthy as here. €29k is a fortune in Spain for most. Also they don't commute as far as we do so the payback in fuel savings is longer also :)

Spain is huge you do know that :P

Our average distance was 12km or something like that, spain is 25km for business and 34 for personal in the only survey I found, the highest average in Europe

Yeah is huge, & poor.
    I'd reckon the surveys you found were p1ss poor as you haven't linked to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

The Spanish but cars for life, perhaps because EVs are constantly improving and evolving that they see them as a bad investment for a car to keep for two decades because that's what they do.
    They keep their cars until they die

Yeah is huge, & poor.
    I'd reckon the surveys you found were p1ss poor as you haven't linked to them.

Poor?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_and_social_rankings_of_sovereign_states_in_Europe

Google “is Spain poor” and see what comes up

It’s from 2012 but only one available

https://www.statista.com/statistics/697150/car-trip-average-duration-europe-by-purpose/

• Advertisement

Spain has 15 ish % unemployment & the average wage in Madrid is 1600/month.

A statista from 2012 is not really a valid source.... That survey isn't just car commutes from what I can gather at a glance.

Average net income in Spain as almost 1000 less per month then here and the EV golf is much the same price. It's expensive over there.... Hence why it's not selling.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Mod Note: if you believe trolling is occurring report the post

I'm quite interested in EVs BTW. Once options with decent range appear I might get one if it makes sense for me financially. At current prices I can travel 20k miles/annum in a diesel with loads of load space (crucial for me currently for professional reasons) for small enough money.

I've mentioned this before to you after you queried me.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112248934&postcount=169
    That post and the few afterwards spring to mind.

An EV golf with poor range for 40k never appealed or made any sense for me. Seemingly it makes no sense for Spanish folk at 30k either. Each to their own etc.

No need to accuse me . Plenty of folk driving EVs with little interest in them, same as petrol & diesel etc.

I'm quite interested in EVs BTW. Once options with decent range appear I might get one if it makes sense for me financially. At current prices I can travel 20k miles/annum in a diesel with loads of load space (crucial for me currently for professional reasons) for small enough money.

I've mentioned this before to you after you queried me.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112248934&postcount=169
    That post and the few afterwards spring to mind.

An EV golf with poor range for 40k never appealed or made any sense for me. Seemingly it makes no sense for Spanish folk at 30k either. Each to their own etc.

No need to accuse me . Plenty of folk driving EVs with little interest in them, same as petrol & diesel etc.

You have no interest in an eGolf but are on a eGolf thread? :confused:

Plus the point I made about Spain was about all electric cars. Not just eGolf. Also it was in direct response to a question about Spain.

My information it seems was incorrect. I hold my hands up. Seemingly the "poor" Spanish are buying lots of electric cars: https://insideevs.com/news/393411/plugin-car-sales-spain-record-2019/

The eGolf number 7

I am shocked you are wrong.....:P the 400km range is just laughable......

You have no interest in an eGolf but are on a eGolf thread? :confused:

Plus the point I made about Spain was about all electric cars. Not just eGolf. Also it was in direct response to a question about Spain.

My information it seems was incorrect. I hold my hands up. Seemingly the "poor" Spanish are buying lots of electric cars: https://insideevs.com/news/393411/plugin-car-sales-spain-record-2019/

The eGolf number 7

I am shocked you are wrong.....:P the 400km range is just laughable......
    Spain is even worse than Ireland for uptake in electric cars which is surprising as the climate is perfect for the eGolf

1% of their sales :)
    I've mentioned repeatedly I'm interested in EV. Can't you read? The golf EV I find interesting..... The recent price cuts etc.... It's fascinating the discounting VW made to the e golf.
    I'd not be interested in buying a Bentley but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in Bentley :)
    What's funny about 400km range?
    We all don't drive cycling distance ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

I always thought the eGolf was a little expensive, the recent price cuts have put it in a really good place. We had a short test drive in one. It was a really nice place to be on the inside.
    However it's never going to fulfil the needs of someone looking for 400km of range

charlieIRL wrote: »
    You can stop at Ionity in Athlone and charge to 100% and get there with about 30% battery. I done a quick check on a better route planner and put dublin city centre in as starting point and heading to Colloney in Sligo.

EasyGo in Kinnegad is still free to use but the second charger (on the right) has had some issues recently. All you need is the appl to start the charge.

Just remember if you are using ionity to sign up for manigau or one of the cheaper options to use it.

I can't wait for some extra points to be put in near the north-west - if they ever happen. We spend a lot of time in Strandhill / Enniscrone and for these trips I can't use the eGolf.

So, finally did this trip over the weekend, dublin to skreen co Sligo (we stayed all weekend in the family house, washing our hands and socially distancing). Got to say the trip was zero stress and I love the car even more. Stopped at athlone ionity both ways and (washed hands then) charged close to 100%. Plenty of range and the drive on the n61/L1806 between athlone and Sligo is a lot of fun!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Johnny Smith with a decent enough overview of his experience owning the E-Golf:

THe USB cable thing is really annoying, especially if you are in park.....

• Advertisement

THe USB cable thing is really annoying, especially if you are in park.....

Yeah, this is the one thing about the car that I don't like... that damn USB port!!!! :D

Advertisement