Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW e-Golf

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Dyan wrote: »
    In spring 2017, the e-Golf had a model upgrade with a larger battery.
    In the UK, prices are still at 33.8K pounds, still the original price.
    But in Germany, the price has decreased from 35,900 euros to 31,900 euros.
    The news on 02.09.2019:
    Official Volkswagen confirmed the lower price in the UK for the e-Golf:
    The price of the e-Golf to £31k, which equates to £27.5k after the Government’s Plug-In Car Grant.
    Recently, the Brexit will also have a little influences.

Don't depress me

We get absolutely shafted here

Look at this offer in the UK

Brand new e-Golf for €170 a month

Only €210 a month for 12,000 miles over 4 years

https://centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/lease-volkswagen-golf-hatchback-e-golf-5dr-auto_VWGO00EGF5HE~A~~6.htm/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Don't depress me

https://centralukvehicleleasing.co.uk/lease-volkswagen-golf-hatchback-e-golf-5dr-auto_VWGO00EGF5HE~A~~6.htm/

What are we been asked to pay? I can't find the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

yop wrote: »
    What are we been asked to pay? I can't find the price

500pm+ here and nearly €40k list price spec for spec

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

500pm+ here and nearly €40k list price spec for spec

Great wee country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Don't depress me

Why do you quote these numbers when they are clearly incorrect?

You quote a leasing company which is not VW. God knows what the T&C's are on that contract.

The PCP on VW is €370 per month on eGolf according to VW Ireland

Based on the requirements in UK I got a starting of £275 according to VW UK

Not a huge difference and that is with the new discount on the eGolf which hasn't been applied in Ireland yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭pobber1

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Not a huge difference and that is with the new discount on the eGolf which hasn't been applied in Ireland yet

Dealers are applying the reduction now, I don't think the website has been updated yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

pobber1 wrote: »
    Dealers are applying the reduction now, I don't think the website has been updated yet.

They are applying it from Monday I think. They are also not going to advertise it either.

So Mike number of 500 is even further off than it originally was

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

How much is the discount going to be? E-Golf price actually went up in the six months between two separate enquiries that I made!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    How much is the discount going to be? E-Golf price actually went up in the six months between two separate enquiries that I made!

It’s €5000

• Advertisement

charlieIRL wrote: »
    It’s €5000

€5k off the comfortline or executive? That's massive.

€5k off the comfortline or executive? That's massive.

Both. It’s a huge reduction alright.

Both. It’s a huge reduction alright.

Brilliant, thanks for that. If they keep the 0% PCP offer, that makes it an unbelievable deal. Might be too good to pass up, with the savings you'd make on fuel. The GMFV figure would obviously be important too.

Brilliant, thanks for that. If they keep the 0% PCP offer, that makes it an unbelievable deal. Might be too good to pass up, with the savings you'd make on fuel. The GMFV figure would obviously be important too.

They are keeping the 0% finance alright. They are getting thin on the ground though and this will make them harder get.
    I know a garage that has a lovely indium grey executive in stock if you want contact details.

They are keeping the 0% finance alright. They are getting thin on the ground though and this will make them harder get.
    I know a garage that has a lovely indium grey executive in stock if you want contact details.

Yeah, if you can, that'd be great. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

How is this going to work out with the 2nd hand stuff.

Blackwater in Cork look to be going with 34 k for a 191 eGolf with something like 1500 kms on clock .

That surely has to be 27 to 29 k territory now .

When is eGolf production stopping exactly??????

Old diesel wrote: »
    How is this going to work out with the 2nd hand stuff.

Blackwater in Cork look to be going with 34 k for a 191 eGolf with something like 1500 kms on clock .

That surely has to be 27 to 29 k territory now .

When is eGolf production stopping exactly??????

Surely it will have some kind of knock on effect.

A 191 will still be north of 30k, they won’t drop that much.

The eGolf production is finished when the MK7.5 shells run out.

EDIT: One I was watching on CarsIreland.ie has dropped 2k over the weekend
    Another has dropped 7k. Both 191’s

Thats a seriously affordable car. Shame the range won't work for me as my commute is 83km each way.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thats a seriously affordable car. Shame the range won't work for me as my commute is 83km each way.

Maybe I'm wrong but I would have thought the newer e-golfs would manage that no bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but I would have thought the newer e-golfs would manage that no bother?

I would have thought so too. WLTP on the eGolf is 230km so surely 170km is achievable unless its all a motorway commute at 120km/h... might be tight then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

The eGolf has a WLTP-certified range of 230km, but in cold weather with the heating running, you’ll get a lot less. so 160KM could be borderline

Oh! I didn't realise that. Apologise.
    Then that changes the game for me again!

Coming out of a 3 yr PCP on the Superb next June so I'm gonna check my options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

was looking at these, the wheels are awful, changing them out apparently loses another 10% range

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,261 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Oh! I didn't realise that. Apologise.
    Then that changes the game for me again!

Coming out of a 3 yr PCP on the Superb next June so I'm gonna check my options.

If it's not until next June then might be worth inquiring about the VW ID rather than the e-Golf.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    was looking at these, the wheels are awful, changing them out apparently loses another 10% range

Which ones? the exec model and the standard has different alloys....

I actually like the cheese clicers. Something different

Also loads of people all around the World have changed the alloys and none have seen a 10% loss in range.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

It's still showing same price as for last few weeks:

e-Golf
    e-Golf 100 kW (136 HP) 1-speed Automatic
    € 47,250.00*1
    My Selection
    € -9,401.00*1
    Total
    € 37,849.00*1

jontr wrote: »
    It's still showing same price as for last few weeks:

e-Golf
    e-Golf 100 kW (136 HP) 1-speed Automatic
    € 47,250.00*1
    My Selection
    € -9,401.00*1
    Total
    € 37,849.00*1

AFAIR, the executive was €41,570 after SEAI and VRT Rebate and now take another €5k off that brings it to €36,570
    That’s for non-metallic paint too. You get charged a nice bit extra for metallic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nope, you'd have VAT on it, brand new

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

And by the time you convert to sterling and travel over it would be cheaper to buy new here.

Advertisement