Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW e-Golf

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

KCross wrote: »
    Thanks, I see it now. The buttons on the right of the console are not there in the newer model and the speedo/dash looks different too.

The digital dash is an option on a new one but standard on an Executive.

Apologies if I got it wrong on the blue strip under the lights, I thought the early one was continious whereas the new one is around each LED like this.......
    491538.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

charlieIRL, they do look slightly different but they do wrap around both in the 171 here as well
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-1-4-e1-dsg-sat-nav-alloy-wheels/22814791

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

US Models seem to be a bit different. My 2019 doesn't have the blue around the headlight cells.

Nothing when no power:

48788874917_d97e20b81f_c.jpg

Then low level LED strips when powered on:

48788934867_d92bc76592_c.jpg

https://media.vw.com/releases/1186

The US will get a new 2020 model, presumably as there will be no ID.3 in North America. I wonder if it will use the new Golf Mark 8 look?!
    e-Golf

The 2020 e-Golf is available in two trims: SE and SEL Premium. The Driver Assistance Package, previously optional, is now standard for both models, and includes Front Assist, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Traffic Alert, and Adaptive Cruise Control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

https://media.vw.com/releases/1186

The US will get a new 2020 model, presumably as there will be no ID.3 in North America. I wonder if it will use the new Golf Mark 8 look?!

The US get a "new" model every year....

In reality it is not new, it's just a newer spec on them.....

VW will never release a Mark 8 eGolf.....

On the "new" model they are just giving better spec

The 2020 e-Golf is available in two trims: SE and SEL Premium. The Driver Assistance Package, previously optional, is now standard for both models, and includes Front Assist, Blind Spot Monitor, Rear Traffic Alert, and Adaptive Cruise Control.

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The US get a "new" model every year....

In reality it is not new, it's just a newer spec on them.....

VW will never release a Mark 8 eGolf.....

On the "new" model they are just giving better spec

Sometimes there is an incremental upgrade, but sometimes there is a completely new model. Probably unlikely that they will use the Mark 8, but would be great to see!

Sometimes there is an incremental upgrade, but sometimes there is a completely new model. Probably unlikely that they will use the Mark 8, but would be great to see!

VW have already confirmed many years ago it would never happen. The eGolf is over now and the only versions of the Mark 8 would be PHEV, mild hybrid etc

ID will take over. The US is not getting the ID.3 but VW said that years ago so no surprise. They always said US would get the Crozz as the US market doesn't buy cars.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    They always said US would get the Crozz as the US market doesn't buy cars.

SUVs are very popular of course, but there are still a significant number of regular car models bought each year. I think ID.3 would have been a good seller in the US. The Chevy Bolt, Nissan Leaf, eGolf size EVs are very popular (in California anyway). VW might have missed a trick on that! But definitely, replacing the family sized car (which is SUV dominated these days) with a decent hybrid or EV is a growth area where there aren't too many options right now. The Chrysler Pacifica PHEV is starting to do quite well. Very nice indeed for the family!

2018-chrysler-pacifica-gallery-interior-10.jpg.image_.2880.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭JohnC.

That size is dying there. Ford announced they will no longer make anything smaller than a crossover or SUV for the US, with the exception of Mustang.

JohnC. wrote: »
    That size is dying there. Ford announced they will no longer make anything smaller than a crossover or SUV for the US, with the exception of Mustang.

Yeah, Ford made that move as they were making mediocre cars that weren’t selling, plus then they were reselling the exact same models under their Lincoln brand with just a different grill and badge.

Ford Taurus was a gas guzzling dog. The standard Focus in the US is really subpar vs the Euro models. The Fiesta and Focus ST actually did well, but were niche as they only did a manual gearbox. Their equivalent of the Mondeo (Fusion) is actually really good. The Fusion hybrid and PHEV models are popular.

Their F-150 truck sells one every minute or something ridiculous like that, so they are backing their most profitable horse.

Kia, Hyundai, Toyota, Nissan, Honda/Acura, Mazda, VW etc all do pretty well selling their compacts and saloons. I don’t have their selling stats to hand, but I notice cars when I’m out and about and Pickups & SUVs would probably makeup 50%, but your regular compact or saloon is the other half.

Getting a little off topic, but interesting all the same.

• Advertisement

Happened to look at beepbeep today. eGolf has sold almost 200 (69 in 2018) this year. Thats a decent increase.

When did the price reduction kick in.... was it only in Sept?

Happened to look at beepbeep today. eGolf has sold almost 200 (69 in 2018) this year. Thats a decent increase.

3 weeks ago today!!!

That’s a really good number! Most of them on this thread too! 😄

I finally joind the EV world properly, picked up my eGolf this afternoon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Well wear Charlie decent motor ðŸ‘

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I finally joind the EV world properly, picked up my eGolf this afternoon!!

Congrats! Happy motoring!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Well wear

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭kris_2021

I have deposit for id.3, but I test drove egolf yesterday and loved it.
    Will I make in egolf from Cashel to Dublin Airport driving normal speeds (not leaf speeds) 125 at motorway and 105 m50. It is roughly 175km.

kris_2021 wrote: »
    Will I make in egolf from Cashel to Dublin Airport driving normal speeds (not leaf speeds) 125 at motorway and 105 m50. It is roughly 175km.

At 125kph for any length of time will drain the battery rapidly. Can you not leave a few minutes earlier and drive at 110kph?

Fully charged mine is only saying 206kms in Normal mode / 214kms in Eco+

kris_2021 wrote: »

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hi...can someone shed light on what trim levels of the e golf are available in the uk & Ireland? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

Standard and fancy
    Ergo e-golf and executive

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

VW seem to be plugging a 5k "grant" on the radio at the mo (basically scrappage), that should make the e-Golf pretty affordable now I would have thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭spannerism

What are the exactly are the reduced prices including grants,etc?

It's hard to figure out from the website.

spannerism wrote: »
    What are the exactly are the reduced prices including grants,etc?

It's hard to figure out from the website.

AFAIK
    Comfortline is now €32.5 and Executive is €36k but you can add another €1k on to those prices for the infotainment system and metallic paint.

Actually, anyone else here buy a new eGolf this year? Can i ask what rated cable came with it?

Mine only came with a 20amp cable and it’s taking 8 hours to charge on a 7.2kw charger. From asking on a UK forum I was told it should have come with a 32amp one but am getting conflicting answers.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

AFAIK
    Comfortline is now €32.5 and Executive is €36k but you can add another €1k on to those prices for the infotainment system and metallic paint.

So with this scrappage deal it should be potentially €27.5k and €31k?

That's really good if it's the case.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So with this scrappage deal it should be potentially €27.5k and €31k?

That's really good if it's the case.

no thats including the 5K "scrappage" or VW Discount

Actually, anyone else here buy a new eGolf this year? Can i ask what rated cable came with it?

Mine only came with a 20amp cable and it’s taking 8 hours to charge on a 7.2kw charger. From asking on a UK forum I was told it should have come with a 32amp one but am getting conflicting answers.

The "standard equipment" section of vw.ie has this....
    Charging cable mode 3, type 2/3, 16 A
    Charging cable, mode 2, type 2 / G (10 A)

Thats suggests your 20A cable is the correct one, ridiculous in all as it is since the site also says it will charge in under 5hrs on a 32A home charge point, so very misleading if they say one thing but provide equipment that does something else.

The same page on vw.co.uk just says "charging cable". They dont say the Amps.

Complain to the dealer would be my next move.

• Advertisement

I've got on to them alright and am waiting for them to come back to me. Not holding out much hope though.

90% of the time, i'll be either charging here during working hours so car will be sitting all day or overnight but if it can chargeat the full 7.4kw, i want to be able to charge at that.

When i was connected to one of the ESB chargers last week, it said it was charging at 7.4kw with their cable so its not a setting in the car restricting it.

Advertisement