Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRS - BOI have applied the 2020 rate in 2019?

Options
  • 04-02-2019 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Hi - the TRS paid to our account was €18.75 for this month.  This should have been €37.50 as per Revenue guidelines. The €18.75 applies in 2020.  I wonder if BOI have made a mistake by applying the 2020 rate in 2019 across all eligible mortgage accounts.  How can I get the error amended, or are BOI already aware of the issue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Eddie2008,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The best thing to do would be to get in touch with the Tax revenue Office as this tax relief would be organised by them.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eddie2008

Hi Eddie2008,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The best thing to do would be to get in touch with the Tax revenue Office as this tax relief would be organised by them.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna
    Lorna,

Revenue pass on the amount to the bank (Bank of Ireland) and then it is passed on to the Customer.  Many banks including BOI have made errors before and have had to refund customers.  

Can you escalate please?

Thanks,

Jean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Thanks for getting back to me Jean,

In this case you can contact our Mortgage Team on 016113333 and they will be happy to go through this with you.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Im in the same boat.  Do I contact the above number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Im in the same boat.  Do I contact the above number?

Hi Richard tea,

Yes, if you call the mortgage team on 016113333 an adviser will be happy to check this further,

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement