Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Automated calls from Eir

• 04-02-2019 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,831 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Over the last week or two I have been receiving automated calls claiming to be from Eir - the latest was this morning off the number: 8397897 stating that my broadband would be disconnected within 24 hours and to press 1 to talk to someone.

I am currently not with Eir so I assume this is just a scam - are you able to confirm?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Defo fake, probably transfers you to a line where you get charged a couple of euro per minute of talk time. 
    Loads of them going around at the minute. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Over the last week or two I have been receiving automated calls claiming to be from Eir - the latest was this morning off the number: 8397897 stating that my broadband would be disconnected within 24 hours and to press 1 to talk to someone.

I am currently not with Eir so I assume this is just a scam - are you able to confirm?

Thanks

We have been getting these too.

Several of them are from a robot named Emily. She represents herself as being from Eir. Ends up with an invitation to press 1 to connect to a technician to avoid broadband being cut off. Hang up time !

I have an Eir landline. We have been getting lots of similar computer / broadband fault calls. Many of those are showing up on the called ID as coming from 7 digit numbers that seem to be Dublin numbers. For the fun we rang back a few of these numbers only to get the recorded Eir message that the number is not in service :confused: How do they do that ? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭eir: Linzi

Hi Guys,

Thanks
    NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thanks

We have been getting these too.

Several of them are from a robot named Emily. She represents herself as being from Eir. Ends up with an invitation to press 1 to connect to a technician to avoid broadband being cut off. Hang up time !

I have an Eir landline. We have been getting lots of similar computer / broadband fault calls. Many of those are showing up on the called ID as coming from 7 digit numbers that seem to be Dublin numbers. For the fun we rang back a few of these numbers only to get the recorded Eir message that the number is not in service :confused: How do they do that ? 
    Hi All

We have had a number of reports about scam callers circulating.  Unfortunately we have no control over this issue but we would advise that you never share any of your personal or financial details to an incoming caller.  If you have disclosed financial information by mistake, please inform your bank immediately stating that your account may have been compromised.  For more information about online safety please click here.    

Many thanks
    ~Linzi

Advertisement