Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any idea of what this could be in bathroom ceiling?

• 04-02-2019 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

Above our shower last week, I noticed this on the plasterboard ceiling? It was droplets. looked like condensation only it was in a ring and brown.
    I wiped it off with a tissue, and the ceiling was fine.
    Now it appears to have returned again. I assume its some kind of leak, but it doesn't seem to exhibit the characteristics of a leak? Why is is ring shaped and formed of droplets? We're in a block of flats with concrete floors between units.

CevLuDSl.jpg
    khVLemGl.jpg
    a2DM5GDl.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

It is a leak, I had something like that and it got moldy eventually. In my case it was a leak caused by felt under the roof tiles being ripped, fixed that and it dried right up. There may be a pipe or a dip in the roof space and water is pooling there from a leak. Simplest thing to do is drill a small hole carefully and see does anything come through and take from there.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

As above.

The flat above yours likely has an identical layout to your own, which would indicate a leak in the shower of the neighbours above you. Or a leak in the waste outlet.

Advertisement