Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atm withdrawal

Options
  • 04-02-2019 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

I'm an AIB customer but made a withdrawal from BOI atm on O'Connell St in Limerick on Saturday morning (02/02/2019). I was distracted though and walked away without picking up cash. I'm not sure if cash was taken back in by Atm but I checked balance this morning and seen money was debited from my account. Is there any way to retrieve money?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Chaffa,

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on Boards.

You will need to contact your account holding bank about the funds.

If no one has taken the money it should return to your account. Your bank can advise you of what timeframe to expect.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cledbrad

Hi there, 
    I walked away without removing cash also - I'm a boi customer. The cash has not been put back into my account as yet - this happened about a week ago. Can you advise? Thanks, C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

cledbrad wrote: »
    Hi there, 
    I walked away without removing cash also - I'm a boi customer. The cash has not been put back into my account as yet - this happened about a week ago. Can you advise? Thanks, C

Hi C,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

I'd ask you to wait 5 working days from when you attempted this transaction as depending on what bank operates the ATM it can take that amount of time for the ATM to process the transaction.
    If the money hasn't come back to you once this time frame has passed please raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile and the advisers there will be happy to request that the machine is manually checked for this amount.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement