Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESB eCars

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I have a sister in Waterford, and we’re not on speaking terms lately……

I’d almost try to make contact again just so I could go down and visit, just so I could go and visit this mad loony!!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Kramer wrote: »
    My Model 3 SR+ maxed out on a V3 SuC, at close to 500 amps at a low SoC - 357v/167kW.
    This unit would max out at approx 140kW on all Model 3s, SR+, LR & Performance, if it's current limited as suggested.

That's well within the capabilities of this charger, make sure you use the better cable. Based on the spec sheet it can reach a max of 500A@620V (Nominal) your voltage is well below that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,456 ✭✭✭✭fits

He's had an ongoing dispute with ESB for a while, the general consensus is that he was expecting to make millions from people charging and dropping into the shop.

When it turned out the get rich quick scheme wasn't quite so quick then be fenced off the charger and demanded money from the ESB in rent

I think he got some cash but seems to block off the charger every so often, probably because his cheque is late

He also seems completely bonkers, told someone their car looks like a pedo's car

Frankly this is about as good as the entertainment gets around here :)

Hold on. Where is this? Sounds like a place to avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

He's had an ongoing dispute with ESB for a while, the general consensus is that he was expecting to make millions from people charging and dropping into the shop.

When it turned out the get rich quick scheme wasn't quite so quick then be fenced off the charger and demanded money from the ESB in rent

I think he got some cash but seems to block off the charger every so often, probably because his cheque is late

He also seems completely bonkers, told someone their car looks like a pedo's car

Frankly this is about as good as the entertainment gets around here :)

Didn't that guy put a picnic table in one of the spots a while back :(

Might as well use it and arrive prepared with a Thermos and a few sangwiches........ :)

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Updating my automated stats against ecars (ULTRA_FAST wasn't accounted for in code) and noticed on unit C7ZDW the 200kW plug went unavailable when the 350kW one was in use, and became available again when whoever it was finished charging. Might be a fault in that unit. Being free for now they'll get plenty of use, so i'll keep an eye and report it if it happens again. In the meantime, it can't be load balanced! Result! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭TOLLOT

Pulled in tonight on the way past . Great setup . Tried far left initially but it threw up a fault so moved onto #2 from left . E Niro unable to get the most out of it of course , but I’m looking forward to seeing a photo on here from someone able to pull serious power . Good few dropped by to test out the new chargers while I was there .

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tigerbalm_eu

Do they run at 800V like Ionity?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Looks like all units are installed and live now (unless they're still testing).

3 350kW CCS plugs FREE
    2 200kW CCS plugs FREE
    1 50kW CHAdeMO plug FREE
    1 50kW CHAdeMO plug @ 30.5c/kWh
    1 50kW CCS plug @ 30.5c/kWh
    1 22kW untethered type 2 socket @ 26.8c/kWh

At last they’re getting it, hopefully first of many route hubs

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

TOLLOT wrote: »
    Pulled in tonight on the way past . Great setup . Tried far left initially but it threw up a fault so moved onto #2 from left . E Niro unable to get the most out of it of course , but I’m looking forward to seeing a photo on here from someone able to pull serious power . Good few dropped by to test out the new chargers while I was there .

I see the 2 200kW plugs acting up. Both currently say available in the app, but when you select one it says to remove the connector, like charge has finished but a car is still plugged in.

Yes, if your car can take 800V

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes but they are limited to 350a and 200a.

so the max you can draw is 280kW on the 350kW unit and 160kW on the 200kW unit.

For context, Ionity amp limit is 500a (and v3 Tesla is 670a)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

ELM327 wrote: »
    Yes but they are limited to 350a and 200a.

so the max you can draw is 280kW on the 350kW unit and 160kW on the 200kW unit.

That's not what the spec sheet says. They can do 500A at a nominal voltage of 640V. For this you will need to use the 350kW cable.

liamog wrote: »
    That's not what the spec sheet says. They can do 500A at a nominal voltage of 640V. For this you will need to use the 350kW cable.

Not on the spec sheet shared on this thread.
    350A limit on the CCS2 cable and 200A on the CCS1 cable.

The *charger* may very well be capable of that, but in this specific install, the plated limit is shown as 200a / 350a

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117379261&postcount=4063

I mean, it's pretty easy to confirm, anyone with a new tesla (especially a LR/P model 3) with low SOC should be able to pull 500a if it's available at the charger. That would be ~190kW when the max is 250kW (@670a)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭zg3409

Irishjg wrote: »
    The mad guy in Waterford has blocked the charger again. This time there’s a pallet lying across the front of the charger with what looks to be an A4 sheet stuck to it. Presumably with a nice message written on it. I drove past today and noticed it from the main road so apologies I’ve no pics to show you all. Maybe if someone is nearby this evening they can post one up.

Here is the plugshare app entry with historical photos and comments. ESB app says charger working great and not in use...

https://www.plugshare.com/location/69277

ELM327 wrote: »
    Not on the spec sheet shared on this thread.
    350A limit on the CCS2 cable and 200A on the CCS1 cable.

The *charger* may very well be capable of that, but in this specific install, the plated limit is shown as 200a / 350a

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117379261&postcount=4063

I mean, it's pretty easy to confirm, anyone with a new tesla (especially a LR/P model 3) with low SOC should be able to pull 500a if it's available at the charger. That would be ~190kW when the max is 250kW (@670a)

Spec sheet for the same charger, has the same plated values, but shows how the current is higher when the charger isn't operating at peak voltage.
    Here you go https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117389174&postcount=4088

555595.PNG

The relevant bit is the, curve the charger can't do 500A at 920Vnom, but can as it slopes to lower voltages

Looking at fastned curves we need a TM3 LR to join our science club :D

That's a better outcome so obviously I hope your interpretation is correct :)
    Just think it would be weird for a charger t o exceed the plated amperage rating. As I say, we just need a friendly LR/P model 3 to test.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭WattsUp

Spec sheet for the same charger, has the same plated values, but shows how the current is higher when the charger isn't operating at peak voltage.
    Here you go https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117389174&postcount=4088

555595.PNG

The relevant bit is the, curve the charger can't do 500A at 920Vnom, but can as it slopes to lower voltages

It does make sense. The current is limited strictly be the cable current capacity. The power available is limited by the charger itself + supply connection. The charger can do in theory 350kW but the cable can do 500A max. That means at 400V it can deliver 200kW (400V * 500A). At 800V the cable could carry 500A giving 400kW but the charger can only supply 350kW. So at 800v it will be limited to 437A current as the charger can only supply max 350kW ( 800V * 427A)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

Looking at fastned curves we need a TM3 LR to join our science club :D

Here now pulling 56kW. Started @24% after driving 97 km yo get here.

Went up to 68kW max. By my count there are 6 cabinets in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

innrain wrote: »

Did you use 200A cable or thicker 350A cable?
    Will be there in an hour and don't want to hog the 350 of don't need to.

Did you use 200A cable or thicker 350A cable?
    Will be there in an hour and don't want to hog the 350 of don't need to.
    The 350A one. Just me here so not a danger of hogging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Some more photos have been uploaded on plugshare.
    There's a great overhead shot of the entire space, must have been from a drone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

from esb eCars FB

Our first eight bay high power charging hub is now available for drivers. It provides for the full range of current charging standards including High Power CCS and CHAdeMO, Fast CCS and CHAdeMO and 22kW AC charging. At this site you will find:

⚡ 3 High Power Chargers (350kW)
    ⚡ 1 Fast Charger (50kW)
    ⚡ 8 charging spaces

�� This hub is located at Mayfield Services, M7 Junction 14 (R445), Monasterevin, Co. Kildare

▶️ The use of the High Power Chargers will be free for a short period of time to allow drivers and our engineers to test the units.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Hi guys
    Is there any time limit on on-street type 2 charge points in Dublin? I have a visit to the capital planned and I intend staying for 5-6 he's during which I need to charge my leaf. Thanks

So in 45 mins I charged 45kWh. It must be they limit the current. Bit of a disappointment. I set the precedent of suggesting a trip to Kildare Village which is going to bite at some point 😁
    The 350 A cables have white handles the other ones black

Hi guys
    Is there any time limit on on-street type 2 charge points in Dublin? I have a visit to the capital planned and I intend staying for 5-6 he's during which I need to charge my leaf. Thanks
    From the parking perspective they say no more than 3 hours but as long as you remember to pay. It may be it is more expensive than fast charging considering the on street parking fees in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 12,116 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Here now pulling 56kW. Started @24%; after driving 97 km yo get here.
    So in 45 mins I charged 45kWh. It must be they limit the current. Bit of a disappointment. I set the precedent of suggesting a trip to Kildare Village which is going to bite at some point ��
    The 350 A cables have white handles the other ones black

So you averaged about 60kW across your session on the 350A cable. That doesnt sound right at all.

Surely that should have been well in excess of 100kW.... what are you driving again? A Model 3 is it? Is it one of the new "slow charging" China Model 3's?

Doesnt the Tesla show the Amps on the screen during charging? What did it show you were pulling (in amps)?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hi guys

AC chargers have no overstay fee at present whilst charging

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Just me here so not a danger of hogging

not a danger of hogging

June 11th 2021 folks, remember the date. we've finally made it.

To a place where the above statement can be applied to an eCars site.

"Drink it in"

Advertisement