Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESB eCars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,356 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Well in that case what you absolutely don't do is collect or publish any data about queuing times or customer satisfaction 😏

It's easy to Ecars to say they don't know anything about charging queues since they don't measure anything to do with them

They can turn around and claim those 14 hours could have been customers arriving as soon as another finished up, there's no data to show either way which is true

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd be looking at it on the number of charges or average time spent charging per charge as an indicator rather than total time charging.

Would give you a better idea of what's needed at a site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Freshmile have gone up very slightly on AC chargers, 23c/kWh + 4c/min

DC seems to be the same as it previously was

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

Today all ESB chargers disappeared from my elli app. Tried to use the RFID and got rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭talla

They reappeared after a couple of days I noticed. Don't think its specific to Elli eaither as I checked Plugsurfing also and they had disappeared from there so possibly a problem with the ESB backend.

When I check the Elli & Plugsurfing apps now, both ESB fast chargepoints missing in Letterkenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

ESB DC chargers still not appearing in my Elli app, they are appearing in my KIA charge app though (but at €0.93c/kWh I won't be using KIA charge any more).

Where does this leave people who signed up to Elli highway to avail of the cheaper DC rates (and unable to activate using the Elli app)?

Yep still the same here. I have dropped an email to Elli support to see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭zg3409

Saw this on Facebook today

Freshmile Pricing Updates (many recently joined up due to big price difference while many feared a price rise would come that would wipe out savings)

On April 14th - the following was announced

“From today, roaming pricing is changing, i.e. access to third-party operators' charging points. Some rates will fall and others will rise.

Given the number of terminals concerned, we invite you to consult the information on the Freshmile application or the online map directly.”

These new prices for the ESB chargers are now available and published in the Freshmile app which are as follows:

AC: 23c per kWh consumed and 4c per minute connected. Cheaper than eCars when above 7.5 kW average charging speed.

DC: 30c per kWh consumed and 30c per minute connected. Cheaper than eCars High Power when above 47 kW average charging speed. 50 kw Fast Chargers would need 52 kW speed which is above the 50 kW maximum on these.

So still plenty of value to be had using Freshmile i think!

Got a response from Elli support, not too confident in their response - dont think support actually knew who ecars are:

"

thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to hear that your preferred charging stations are not currently available in our network. 

We have checked our system and can confirm that the stations you inquire about is not currently part of our network.

The decision on weather or not to include stations in our network is up to the owner of the stations. For further questions regarding the availability of the stations we advise you to contact the owner of the station directly.

Please do not hesitate to ask should you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Your Elli Service Team

"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,165 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

The DC pricing hasn't changed but AC was 20c/kWh+3c/min

Doesn't sound like much but charging a Nissan Leaf on 6.6kW used to cost the equivalent of €3.12 an hour or equivalent of 47c/kWh, that is now €3.92/hr or 59.3c/kWh... 3c more than ESB direct so why would leaf drivers bother any more

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Curious to see how the NI charging will change next week. Top 10 DC Fast charger sites today (not including HPC, with NI has none)

Further update from Elli Support this morning after their last ressponse I pointed out that there are no DC Charging stations on their app in Ireland now apart from Ionity therefore I can no longer avail of the "drive highway" paid plan.

"thank you for contacting us again. We are very sorry about the inconvenience that is caused by ESB stations becoming unavailable.

We have now been notified that the removal of the stations from our network is temporary. Unfortunately we do not know when the stations will be back online.

Please do not hesitate to ask should you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Your Elli Service Team"

2 x chargers. I'll add to plugshare when I get exact location. Not live. Not on app.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

And that one looks like dual CCS…

and cables look long too (any car in any space!!)

Another photo, same site, not active.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Another frustrating day with ecars. Fermoy ask that was left to charge on was 50kw. Portlaoise plaza,the 150kw was only outputting a max of 50kw. The 50kw was not working at all. 3 people tried charging the while I was on the not so 150kw. They failed.

To be fair i hardly ever require public charging. It's just been a week of it with bandon being offline last week.

It really shows for me anyday that large charging hubs are the way to go. I had 9% getting to portlaoise in my ioniq. I was goosed if all the chargers were out of action

• Registered Users Posts: 28,074 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

You have an Ioniq 28 don't you? That can't charge at 150kWh so maybe it was the car that was the limiting factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

Yes, it's an ioniq 28. It can charge at upto 69kwh. It took almost 34 mins to get from 9 to 94%

Way too long.

Should be less than 20 mins

A local also confirmed the pp 150kw has been limited recently

Portlaoise 150kW unit has been restricted to 50kW since the day it was installed.

Hold on, is that a debit card reader on the front of the chargers? Down and right of the main screen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,514 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Portlaoise is limited to 50 KW due to supply limitations. There’s a note about it on the ecars app

ESB Chargers finally back on Elli this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

I logged in just to say the same. I used the elli on an ESB AC which didn't work last week so all good

Seemingly gone in somewhere in Killarney;

Sites like this in towns & cities should be eCars bread & butter now… just put them everywhere..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Interesting.

Looks like 2 x the 150 kW Delta type.

With a layout that genuinely allows 4 cars at a time charge there simultaneously.

Would be interested to know what level of power is coming to the site....

Will it be (I wonder) 300 kW to the site effectively meaning 4 x 75 kW when all 4 spaces are in use.

Much more promising than the 1 x 150 kW and 1 x 50 kW charger on other eCars sites.

Edit - its on the Cork Road in Killarney if plugshare is correct.

Dalys Supervalue if anyone knows the area.

Killarney exact location. Not yet powered up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Little off topic but how do you figure out the max speed your car can charge

Nissan leaf 62 2023 version for example

Wot????

Someone at Ecars made a proper site?!

No doubt they'll be fired immediately 😂

• Advertisement

EV database is generally a good starting point. Off the top of my head, Leaf62 tops out at 70kW?

Advertisement