Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ESB eCars

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭wassie

Im using it about 4 times a week at the moment - never had an issue and never had to wait. Just be alert to not to head up the M4 instead of the M6 after a charge if travelling west!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Bannerman1969

Hi. Used my Freshmile card tonight on a 22kw ESB charger. I had €26 credit on my Freshmile card and I have no bank card attached to account. Car charged for 3hrs 40 mins and took 43kWh. Total on invoice is €80.10. I had thought that the car would charge until the €26 credit was gone and would then stop. €2 per kWh is an absolute joke. What happens now as I have no card set up on account. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Put the card in the bin and never use it again.

Consider it a lucky escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I expect Freshmile will make contact with you in a few weeks requesting that you pay the balance. Could they attempt to take it from whatever payment method you used to put the €26 in your Freshmile wallet in the first place ? With recent price changes, Freshmile only makes sense on ESB DC chargers and an EV that can charge at 100kW+

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Bannerman1969

Luckily used Revolut and rarely keep money in there. I'm sure they will make contact. I'll wait and see. Thanks for replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭MarkN

The setup in Raheny SuperValu car park is really below par when it comes to lighting. What woman is going to want to charge a car here after dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Strange. Why aren’t those clearly visible lights turned on? You should send this to the Supervalu management.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'd guess that the lights are owned by SuperValu and turned off at the end of business. ESB will need their own lighting installed. Annoying.

I guess they feel it’s not their responsibility to pay for the cost but someone should, ESB are the ones making the profit from charging anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭championc

Carpark completely redone in SuperValu Ballinteer, but no signs of them adding any EV chargers, which was somewhat surprising

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pron

I'll wager there's a planning issue there too, as it's in the middle of a residential area, and those lamps likely light up neighbours' houses if left on - so they have some form of enforced curfew ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Yes possibly and maybe only switched on during the times Supervalu is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭digiman

Was great to finally use a 200kW charger in Donegal, two chargers there with 4 parking spaces at the Supermacs in Donegal town and the option to use CCS or Chademo in each spot. Only complaint is that the cables are pretty short so for the BMW i4 you really need to reverse in on the side where your charger is.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Good to see chargers of that capacity being installed. What sort of speeds did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭digiman

I got to 165kw, I arrived there with about 25% charge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭jogdish

Was at Kinnegad last night pulled up side by side with a car charging, and was getting ~50, other car left after about 15min, and I stayed for another 15min never got higher than 50 and I was the only one at that station.

Does it only give the full power if you start the session as the only car at the station?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

What SoC% were you at when the other car left?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭CivilEx

There are no dedicated EV painted parking spaces at this new 200kW DC charger, so I'd say it's very likely none of the locals have a clue what these new "blue boxes" are and are parking there while eating their Supermacs.

It's a small shop, with lots of passing traffic, so could I suggest that any EV owners give (pleasant) feedback to the staff in the shop that the markings need to be put down asap to separate out the EV parking.

I've already said it to one of the staff, but the more users that say it the better so that the message gets through to the owners and they get the markings done!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭zg3409

Donegal town today, what short cables! New charger busy on both sides, second new one still covered up. Laghy both units seemed in use when I flew past. Luckily I can granny charge so I didn't need to public charge. Even when the extra unit is up and running peak times queues likely. At least these spaces are far from the petrol station so unlikely to be ICEd.

• Advertisement

The flex on those cables are not fit for purpose. Not to mention the space between the unit and the car if you back right in. They get such basic stuff wrong.

I think 55%, VW ID.3 - I was expecting the charge rate to increase a little, but kept bobbing between 47 and 50 or so kwh

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭crl84

Perhaps slightly off-topic, but does anyone know how to change or add the speeds for units in the Plugshare app?

I see in Plugshare the ESB unit at Circle K Oriel Dundalk is listed as 50kw, but there's also another 150KW unit there, which doesn't show up if you filter by speeds above 50KW, as the 2nd unit/plugs does not have any speeds associated with it....

@zg3409 you seem like the resident expert on Plugshare so might know? I see the same issue with Ionity on the m11....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Needs to be said to ESB, nobody else will touch it.

And ESB will probably get to at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,726 ✭✭✭zg3409

If you check in on plugshare app you can input a speed you got.

I believe some sites are now locked to only be edited by esb or easygo using their special log in and in many cases the details may be very sparse and out of date. You can report errors for each site and they should get around to fixing them in a few weeks. It's a usa based app so not ideal in terms of understanding local issues nor customisations. I think they still have an issue with Tesla CCS vs non Tesla CCS as in the USA they use different connectors.

I have contacted ESB ecars by email in the past to fix issues on their own app and I have been contacted back once fixed. There are real people that know their stuff in all these organizations but they are often hard to contact as level one support fob most people off.

Post edited by zg3409 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭innrain

I think OP asks about editing the entry itself to show two different power levels.

Lights now on from the building opposite the charger so whether it’s SuperValu or the owner of the building (not sure who that is), it’s not ESB anyway. Good to see some posting on social media may have helped.

Just spotted this one in Stillorgan Park hotel - old 50kW unit is gone. It had a tap function for cards too. Is it 100kW or 150kW?

Tap!!! omg this needs to become reality so fast!! Sick of buggy / laggy apps ( in fairness the ESB one is on of the better )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

looks to be 100kW with limited supply according to the app.

Dual CCS and no chademo, replacing the 1 CCS and 1 Chademo

Advertisement